Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR02268 - Street Fighter II 'Memories of a Master'

Love it. I could imagine something like this being played by Rainbow, or a similar act from the 70s. Very nice mood and flow, digging the drum tones and the overall appropriately aged sound of the production.

Excellent arrangement, jazz mixes tend to be some of my favorites and this is no exception. Since the tendency with this source has been to go rock, and it has worked well in the past, it's great to hear it in a different genre too! Smooth, and the guitars lend it that familiar sound from the source while being totally different at the same time.

Also a fan of the jazzier mixes on the site - this is a unique and refreshing rendition. It's Ken after a long day of dock fights, sitting at the end of the pier and watching the summer sun slowly set. :]

I must admit that I'm really diggin' this as a smooth, jazzy remix that just seems to melt all over the place the more times you listen. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to hear more!

Nice arrangement of the source. Production is also pretty good.

That being said, the remix is not really my cup of tea; it's just too melancholic. Certainly an interesting direction to take the theme in, just not for me.

Extremely odd hearing Ken's theme in this style and tempo since I'm used to harder stuff, but this works for me. I think taking the source in a completely different direction than expected worked wonders here. Can't say it's my favorite take on the theme, just that it still sounds pretty damn good to me. It's ReMixes like this that remind me of the wide-ranges that a song can be taken in and what they can be turned into when a ReMixer runs wild on it, so great job, fella.

What a chill take on Ken's theme! It's an enjoyable trek through the past and does a great job in setting the short but sweet mood. Good job :) .