Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

I think Radical Dreamers might be more obscure than Super Dodge Ball. It was never even released outside of Japan, and over there it was released for a satellite add-on that not many people owned in comparison to the number of people who owned a Super Famicom. Hell, RD might be even more obscure than Teen Agent outside of Japan.

I think Radical Dreamers might be more obscure than Super Dodge Ball. It was never even released outside of Japan, and over there it was released for a satellite add-on that not many people owned in comparison to the number of people who owned a Super Famicom. Hell, RD might be even more obscure than Teen Agent outside of Japan.

while the game Radical Dreamers might be obscure, the amount of music from it that ended up in Chrono Cross is not. a lot of people know about it, too, since there was such a huge connection with it through CC.

Regarding source materials, I doubt Super Dodge Ball is more obscure than both Radical Dreamers and Teen Agent. I don't know about Xenogears or Armored Core.

Xenogears? Hardly. It's an RPG made by Square, and it was released on a console with more permeation worldwide than Radical Dreamers was.

I considered Armored Core as well, but then I realized that it's a pretty big franchise with a billion zillion games across many consoles, so SOMEBODY must be buying them (even if it is only the two biggest AC fans I know, AnSo and ZioMatrix, buying them repeatedly.)

Xenogears? Hardly. It's an RPG made by Square, and it was released on a console with more permeation worldwide than Radical Dreamers was.

I considered Armored Core as well, but then I realized that it's a pretty big franchise with a billion zillion games across many consoles, so SOMEBODY must be buying them (even if it is only the two biggest AC fans I know, AnSo and ZioMatrix, buying them repeatedly.)

You could almost lump in Super Dodge Ball with this same theory. It's not the most well-known NES game, and it never shows up in anybody's top 10 lists (although it should), it's from the same series that included better-known titles like Nintendo World Cup and the almighty River City Ransom. That's not counting other Super Dodge Ball games like the NEO GEO port, the arcade original, Super Dodge Ball Brawlers, or the SDB XBLA Indie title. On top of that is the fact that even if the games are more fractured and obscure in America, the Kunio-kun franchise is much more popular in Japan. Kunio is lined up alongside Famicom giants like Mario and Mega Man.

Of course, obscurity doesn't mean much in the end. Brandon proved that awesome music can even come from a game in which the only person who's ever heard of it is...well, Brandon.

• 1 month later...
And it's Milky Way Wishes coming next before this, right?

Dear GTAHater836:

Stop posting in project threads attempting to show that you know what you're talking about. Because you don't. At all.

Love,

KyleJCrb

This project is officially complete and has been under evaluation for awhile now. Website and artwork are progressing along. We're probably coming out in June. In fact, I'd hope we're coming out in June because NiGHTS is scheduled for early July, soooo...

This project is officially complete and has been under evaluation for awhile now. Website and artwork are progressing along. We're probably coming out in June. In fact, I'd hope we're coming out in June because NiGHTS is scheduled for early July, soooo...

Well it helps that Liontamer has updated the VGMDB entry of this to release in June ;)