VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Listening to that last show was pretty good. However, you can barely hear the intensity of the songs. In fact, they sound 305982905x worse than ever -- every song sounds really offkey and just...the worst ever. Maybe the videocast will be better?

Yeah - that couldn't be helped. We wanted to keep in all the reactions from the audience in there during the medley to preserve the live feel, you know? The videocast WILL have better audio for that however, so don't worry. :)

Indeed. Much better audio on the videocast to come!

The reason the sound quality was so bad is that we had to use a wireless mic for the performances, which wasn't hooked up to the audio mixer. So all the music you heard was echoing back to us from the very farthest wall in the room, causing it to sound weird and flat. The acoustics in there were pretty bad, unfortunately. :(

EDIT:

You should put How To Vote or something on the first page with super easy to follow instructions. Took me like 20 more seconds than it should have to find out how to vote! Oh no!

Hmmm, I guess zircon could use his mod powers to update the first post by Rayza, sure. That might not be a bad idea anyway, considering so much has changed since VGDJ first came to be.

Howeverrrrrr... We *do* have little vote link buttons on every blog post at www.vgdj.net , as well as a link on the side of the page. :P

(And yeah, CE, the album link is right there, too. C'mon, you coulda figured that one out. :mrgreen:)

Hmmm, I guess zircon could use his mod powers to update the first post by Rayza, sure.

Or he could lock & delete the thread and sticky a new one since this one's already bigger than Taucer's mom.

NOOOOOO!

Granted most of it is crap, but it is still VGDJ history...

BTW, I traveld the 4.5 hours to Pittsburgh and back this weekend. Not having any new VGDJ to listen to made me a saaad q-pa.

BTW, I traveld the 4.5 hours to Pittsburgh and back this weekend. Not having any new VGDJ to listen to made me a saaad q-pa.

Huh? We released a new show last week, and will be releasing another one this week either later tonight or tomorrow. They come out on Mondays.

I know, but I was done with it on Thursday. :wink:

Not complaining, just making casual conversation...

Hmmm, I guess zircon could use his mod powers to update the first post by Rayza, sure.

Or he could lock & delete the thread and sticky a new one since this one's already bigger than Taucer's mom.

NOOOOOO!

Granted most of it is crap, but it is still VGDJ history...

You're always free to archive it (not sure how, but I'm sure there's a way).

Already updated the first post w/ the voting info; I don't think we need to make a new thread. Lemme know what else should be in there.

Well, the Rayza/Aurora stuff is a bit outdated, as is the ThaSauce link. Also, I think Doug and Cyan_Ide would take offense to them not being mentioned with Rama being there. :wink:

I loved the Otakon podcast. It sounded like everybody was having a really good time.

I listened to it at work and I got a few stares from my co-workers because I was smiling and giggling most of the time :D

Having a crowd of videogame music fans chilling to those OC remixes must've been quite a cool experience!

Oh yeah, I voted for you guys at www.podcastalley.com :nicework:

Keep up the good work!

Already updated the first post w/ the voting info; I don't think we need to make a new thread. Lemme know what else should be in there.

Well, the Rayza/Aurora stuff is a bit outdated, as is the ThaSauce link. Also, I think Doug and Cyan_Ide would take offense to them not being mentioned with Rama being there. :wink:

It's nice to have the whole thread on record. It's the history of VGDJ. Besides, my first post is here. Let's keep it breathing :wink:

I'm SOOOOO MAAAAAD ADFADLFHALDFHALDFALDFHLDKF

:lmassoff:

Anywho, yeah, I think it's good to update the host and mini-host information, but considering Rayza made the first post, it might be confusing for newcomers not to see his and Aurora's names in there. Perhaps start another heading called "Past Hosts" and explain who started it, how Wingless stood in for five shows, etc etc. (Yeah yeah, Fusion, more episode 3 love! :P)

Also, if you're not gonna capitalize your name, don't do it for mine either. It's not in caps on the boards, and I'm OCD like that. ^-^

I have playlists for certain OCR remixers (won't reveal it though, it'll alieanate some people :P) and I try to come up with half decent names for it instad of [uSERNAME]'s playlist.

So Dhsu's playlist name is Walking Dhsu's. Yeah. Piano groove.

I'm SOOOOO MAAAAAD ADFADLFHALDFHALDFALDFHLDKF

WELL NO NEED TO TAKE IT OUT ON ME

Um, pixie... zircon... shouldn't the videocast still be more like Episode 52v?

Oh, and the video doesn't match the audio...

What is this video of which you speak?

Is it out yet? It isn't on vgdj.net or the podcast feed as of now...