Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

I guess my argument was never meant to be people picking the same robot master as they did previously. I also didn't mean that the ones I listed as 'most popular' were ones picked a lot in previous competitions. Those are simply the ones that stand out the most and are usually the first to be snatched up due to popularity of Mega Mans 2 and 3.

I commend you for taking a much lesser known/liked Robot Master and making remixes with him. I was also surprised to see Blizzard, Cold, Skull and Pirate Man in this years comp.

I was equally disappointed to not see ones such as Pharaoh, Toad, Bright, Drill, Dive, Ring and Bomb Man. There is always next time and I hope people read this post and take the initiative to branch out from the well known RMs to the lesser known and make awesome music with their source tunes.

Pharaoh and Skull Man are like, some of the most popular RM themes, especially for newby mixes... if you don't believe me, check youtube

And I'm tired of Flash Man too. And any non-Mega Man 8 rob'ts :D

Over three GRMRBs, 64% (56 of 88 ) of the robot master themes have been picked. And with 84 total participants in the three compos (counting every time someone has entered, so I counted Will three times, for example) only 29% of this year's picks were repicks from both years, and from all years 31% of all participants repicked from previous years.
Yeah, it is 89 themes total, counting Tengu Man 8 twice.

I think it seems like fewer because many of the most successful participants, especially in the elimination tournaments, pick popular themes. A lot of more adventurous choices were eliminated early.

It's a mixed blessing either way. Cerrax and Will did amazing things with the two most remixed RM themes in the series, which I would have thought were tapped out of potential. GRMRB 1 was my introduction to the amazing Tornado Man, and there's room for more. But I never want to hear another Spring Man mix as long as I live.

Pharaoh and Skull Man are like, some of the most popular RM themes, especially for newby mixes... if you don't believe me, check youtube

And I'm tired of Flash Man too. And any non-Mega Man 8 rob'ts :D

Well there are a lot of mm remixes on YouTube but I'm not exactly talking about YouTube, though I get what you mean.

I wouldn't say I'm tired of any particular robot master, its more that I just want to see more variety and more risk taking. I do agree that the lesser known and more adventurous tracks do tend to get eliminated earlier on but at least they took a different approach.

There are many great source tunes outside of mega man 2/3.

I guess my argument was never meant to be people picking the same robot master as they did previously. I also didn't mean that the ones I listed as 'most popular' were ones picked a lot in previous competitions. Those are simply the ones that stand out the most and are usually the first to be snatched up due to popularity of Mega Mans 2 and 3.

I commend you for taking a much lesser known/liked Robot Master and making remixes with him. I was also surprised to see Blizzard, Cold, Skull and Pirate Man in this years comp.

I was equally disappointed to not see ones such as Pharaoh, Toad, Bright, Drill, Dive, Ring and Bomb Man. There is always next time and I hope people read this post and take the initiative to branch out from the well known RMs to the lesser known and make awesome music with their source tunes.

Here is Drill Man. I made it during the two week final battle for practice. It's not the best but better than nothing.

http://soundcloud.com/darrencsmith/broken-bore-bit

I guess this is the part where I say that the whole WCRG was a blast from start to finish. Sure, it wasn't an easy ride, but if anything it left me feeling more humbled and having grown my production set somewhat. These are things that I will be happy to take to new venture, wherever it would go.

As for the whole popular-verses-left-aside remarks, the reason why Plant Man was my prime pick for Robot Master was both for accessibility reasons and for the fact that there was no Plant representation on OCR yet. I almost considered Centaur Man at one point because as stated he hasn't been represented in a Mega Man compo yet; but one look at Vurez's "Odyssey Beyond the Falls" quickly convinced otherwise (awesome remix, believe me). My knowledge on MM source material would remain slim though as I don't have much of a musical connection with 4/5/7/8/10 at this point, but I still enjoy working with lesser loved source material nevertheless :)

I don't think I'd be doing the GMRB due to other commitments (as much as I'd love to represent Magma Dragoon for it... oh well xD), but I should still be able to listen in and see how things develop... and maybe keep refining the graphical skillset? We'll see :razz: For now, here's to a well-mannered results party!

I'll probably try again, but I'll be out first round, no doubts. Barring a no-show :3

But I have no clue what I'll do for my theme. gads, I don't remember my faves from MMX, maybe Flame Stag or Storm Eagle.

just to annoy lucavi X3

I don't really think there are many favorite X themes. I know a lot of the mavericks from the first game are pretty popular but it seemed a lot of people from the GMRB actually chose mavericks from the later games.

I don't really think there are many favorite X themes. I know a lot of the mavericks from the first game are pretty popular but it seemed a lot of people from the GMRB actually chose mavericks from the later games.

I thought X2 and X3 had the best music personally. X2 had a bunch and Zero's theme. Crystal Snail and Bubble Crab were my favorite. Apparently Capcom really liked Bubble Crab's music since they remixed it as Duff McWalen's theme (Tidal Whale... Who cares they were tripping on Guns and Roses names).

I thought X2 and X3 had the best music personally. X2 had a bunch and Zero's theme. Crystal Snail and Bubble Crab were my favorite. Apparently Capcom really liked Bubble Crab's music since they remixed it as Duff McWalen's theme (Tidal Whale... Who cares they were tripping on Guns and Roses names).

Yeah, Crystal Snail was an awesome theme. Hence why I chose that as my Maverick the last round.

Well, that and the fact that it had pretty complicated meters, and it created a situation where my opponents would get messed up trying to mix my theme with theirs. I'm awesome like that. 8-)

yeah, crystal snail was an awesome theme. Hence why i chose that as my maverick the last round.

Well, that and the fact that it had pretty complicated meters, and it created a situation where my opponents would get messed up trying to mix my theme with theirs. I'm awesome like that. 8-)

13/8 :D :D :D <3 <3 <3

Favorite maverick theme, pretty much