Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

One week left of August, the arbitrary semi-enforced deadline I've set for some of you... and tried to inform you of. If you received my emails or PMs or something of it, you should get in touch with me ASAP.

If you haven't gotten any such message but are worried anyway, get in touch. Gimme a wip... or a finished track. :D

Usa's apparently really busy, haven't seem him online in a while. Another vacation, perhaps? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as how I'm a huge project whore, do you think it'd be within your reach to post one of those spiffy little lists on the first post like all the other projects have, complete with fancy colors, so I can stalk your progress and needlessly hype myself up for this project? xD

... when you're not sick, of course :-P Feel better soon!

Seeing as how I'm a huge project whore, do you think it'd be within your reach to post one of those spiffy little lists on the first post like all the other projects have, complete with fancy colors, so I can stalk your progress and needlessly hype myself up for this project? xD

... when you're not sick, of course :-P Feel better soon!

Well, there _are_ three open tracks on the first post in the thread. If those won't do, any requests on what kind of tracks you're interested in doing (ie town, boss theme/battle, area with monsters to fight)? Also, pm me something non-electronic (as in not techno/dance/chip/synth) you've done.

Feeling better already. A little. ;)

Well, there _are_ three open tracks on the first post in the thread. If those won't do, any requests on what kind of tracks you're interested in doing (ie town, boss theme/battle, area with monsters to fight)? Also, pm me something non-electronic (as in not techno/dance/chip/synth) you've done.

Feeling better already. A little. ;)

:? get better Rozo. That's an order.

My bad, Emunator. Misread your post. My sick made me do it. If you want to try tho, we'll provide feedback along the way. If you can't mix it, we can take your arrangement and put our sounds on it and mix it for you.

Thanks Alex. I'm feeling better, and my fever is going up. Immune system operational. Head, throat, sides aching. The doctor (not necessarily a qualified physician) might prescribe wips and wavs, gentlemen. Help me out here. :D

Updated tracklist. Sucks having to open tracks, makes me feel like the project is moving the wrong direction.

Oh well... new tracks, ppl! Any takers?

I also started a new sorting system for wips and progress demos. Should make this behemoth easier to manage. I would appreciate if you all dropped me wips so I can put it to good use. Especially if you haven't sent me anything the past few months.

I would appreciate if you all dropped me wips so I can put it to good use. Especially if you haven't sent me anything the past few months.

Will do. I honestly am considering taking a day off of work sometime in September to just work on all my mixes from 8 AM until Midnight. It'll make remixing much more serious business. I'll have a WIP to you....soon....

I've been telling myself over and over, no more projects, no new commitments. But.....

If pu doesn't take farewell song, I'll give it a shot. I'm thinking celtic ballad.

Sorry pu. I'm not gonna have you cage-fight Tauce over it. I don't mind having two remixes of it (tho I prefer having one of each of the other tracks first). Who finishes first? :D

I like how you're thinking, Tauce. Welcome aboard.

This honestly is probably the best way to do it; I have an idea, but I won't know until I sit down to record how well it will actually work out.

I work better under pressure anyway :P I'm curious to see what our different takes our going to be Taucer (though what I now have is very ballad-ish aswell)

Edited by pu_freak

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting to remind everybody that we're not going away. I've been doing some guesswork and I think we're at about 50% now. Many track done, many tracks almost... and then there's tracks I want your wips for. Hard to say exactly where we're at tho, as so many tracks are close but not quite there yet, and then there's the matter of remixers who have been incommunicado for a while now.

If you're supposed to do a track for a project, do it asap. Especially if you're supposed to do tracks for more than one. Especially if this project is one of them. :D

Edited by Rozovian

Just posting to remind everybody that we're not going away. I've been doing some guesswork and I think we're at about 50% now. Many track done, many tracks almost... and then there's tracks I want your wips for. Hard to say exactly where we're at tho, as so many tracks are close but not quite there yet, and then there's the matter of remixers who have been incommunicado for a while now.

If you're supposed to do a track for a project, do it asap. Especially if you're supposed to do tracks for more than one. Especially if this project is one of them. :D

'nuff said.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple more remixes are almost done, just going over some final crits and hoping Usa will have the time to come online and listen in case there's something I missed.

Ten days with no posts here, and the thread sinks under tons of other project threads. Great to see activity on so many projects, but it'd be nice to have more activity on this one. We're old, we're half way there, we could easily wrap this up within a few months if everybody would pick up and finish their tracks.

On a side note, I'm getting close to finishing my boss themes track, which means I can move on to to work on all the other project tracks I've claimed.

I think it's kind of funny that I signed up for the specific project forums but, apparently, y'all don't use them anymore!!! I've been dead trying to come up with my arrangement for Damn Damn Drum, cause nothing's clicking. If I don't get any actual progress by the end of next week, I may just release the track since it's doing nothing in my hands. I'd consider swapping for another in this case, but yeah, this is just a heads up. We are now entering the OCR Swamp of Projects, which gives Florida swamps a run for their money! :nicework:

I've left notices all over the place that the old forum isn't really much in use. Been thinking about talking to Kyle about getting room on kngi's forums where half the other projects seem to be based.

On the flip side, it would be interesting for everyone involved to hear the album without having much of an idea about what everybody else has done. Certainly made the ff4 album release a bigger experience for me. I heard one or two tracks besides my own before the release.

We'll see about the forum.

But yeah, you're welcome to switch tracks if you want.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic