Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

So I'm looking at two possible directions for Farewell Song, two different styles of folk ballad. I'll let Rozo make the call on which one I try first.

My original plan was to make it a slow and moody appalachian ballad, modelled closely after Ashokan Farewell

However, I've also been toying with the idea of making it a quicker, more irish-influenced ballad, something like

Edited by Geoffrey Taucer

Oh great, more salsa. :D Just don't lose the crazy amount of drums and rhythms and stuff.

I could easily hear your track go either way, Tauce. Can i ask for both, start with one, end with the other? The more irish example sounds fitting, but I've heard stuff like that before. Appalachian ballad... it sounds so much more exotic to my finnish ears.

Can't decide between them. And now you've gone and gotten high expectations on you. :P

everybody btw, +1 finished track today. :D

Edited by Rozovian

+1 remixer.

I'm getting work done on the mixes I've promised to do for other projects, so I should have time to have a look at my tracks for this project, both of which are at the threshold of completion having forgotten what to do when they're at the front of the queue. :D Once they're all done, I can start claiming tracks and turn the sd3 project into another Relics of the Chozo where half the tracks are done by the same dude. Don't turn me into Protricity, guys. ;) Get mixin'!

Edited by Rozovian

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm pretty busy with all the other projects. Had a look at one of my own unfinished track today, itching to get back to it. Some other projects' tracks first tho. Good thing I don't have a life, eh? :D

Two new wips in, surprisingly little activity. Guys, come on. School/work/family/church/world domination can't be more important than an awesome jrpg. ;)

Anyway, so Bahamut can add it to the projects thread: if you have something to offer the project, like art, skills in arranging and/or mixing, suggestions for active and interested people for us to shanghai onto the project, good relations with staff of Seiken Densetsu fansites (we got seikens.com covered) or Hiroki Kikuta fansites (preferably with musicians/arrangers/remixers)... anything we could use, let me know.

In other words:

Wanna help out? Lemme know what you can do. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome, man. Looking forward to hearing and trying to find something in it to complain about. :D

btw, several mixers have disappeared, so I'm gonna open their tracks unless they show up and reclaim them. Tomorrow. Nutri, do you need another track to mix? :D

Depending on what opens up and when my computer is back up, I might snag another one. It might be interesting to see the comparison of my work three years ago to something more current.

Awesome, man. Looking forward to hearing and trying to find something in it to complain about. :D

btw, several mixers have disappeared, so I'm gonna open their tracks unless they show up and reclaim them. Tomorrow. Nutri, do you need another track to mix? :D

Eh, not at this point. I'm actually really trying to clear my plate a bit right now from everything that's unfinished :/. I'll let you know, though.

Alright, I'll bite. Long Goodbye is giving me some slight inspiration and I feel like I've significantly improved my piano skills to the point where I might be able to make something passable, so I'll mess around with it for a bit to see what I can do.

Is that track even still open, though? I don't want to start putting some serious time into a WIP if someone's already working on it :-P

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic