Super Smash Bros. 4

The Derrit

Most of the Metroidvanias were also on a Nintendo system, specifically GBA and DS.

Actually... of all the games, I can only think of... 4 that weren't on a Nintendo system? Maybe a few more?

My point is, the majority of CV games were on Nintendo systems. It only makes sense.

Edited by Mirby

I want a Belmont in SSB4. C'mon, Castlevania spent half of its life on Nintendo systems, especially during the NES/SNES era!

Their home still continues to be with nintendo in the handheld side of things, as well as the occasional release on the wii like Castlevania Rebirth (Which I liked quite a bunch). I could see a belmont but Konami isn't that close to nintendo nowadays to influence that.

The main problem I see with people requesting characters like uh any main hero from any rpg is that they're mostly swordmen, and we have plenty of those in smash already. I don't think Sakurai would want to include more of those, he's always looking for different gameplay styles for each character. I think a belmont with his whip would bring new gameplay to the table.

But again I doubt we'll see it.

No one is saying Tales characters are as guaranteed as Pac-Man. But it's equally naive to think Namco/Bandai didn't sit down with Nintendo and jock to get other characters in because they'd be complete idiots if they didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if a Tales character made it in, and I wouldn't be surprised if one didn't. That is all.

This is essentially the point we're making. Does it matter if they don't include a Tales character? No, but it's about as likely that they don't include one that they do, for the reasons pointed out. It's fine if you people don't want 'em in there, but don't post stupid arguments as to why not.

Kojima and Sakurai are best beds and so Sakurai decided that he wanted to subject his team to even more work because Kojima "asked him nicely"? And I bet Konami didn't collect any royalty at all from Snake's inclusion in a huge money maker series, but rather went with it because the two are bros?

Well that settles it. Just get in good with Sakurai and you can get your own notebook doodles included in one of his games. Come on, people. Get real.

This is essentially the point we're making. Does it matter if they don't include a Tales character? No, but it's about as likely that they don't include one that they do, for the reasons pointed out. It's fine if you people don't want 'em in there, but don't post stupid arguments as to why not.

Kojima and Sakurai are best beds and so Sakurai decided that he wanted to subject his team to even more work because Kojima "asked him nicely"? And I bet Konami didn't collect any royalty at all from Snake's inclusion in a huge money maker series, but rather went with it because the two are bros?

Well that settles it. Just get in good with Sakurai and you can get your own notebook doodles included in one of his games. Come on, people. Get real.

Complain all you like about the friendship bit but it's been a fact of gaming Trivia for a long time now. Sure Konami probably collected some royalties too but putting Solid Snake in your game is hardly going to be an unprofitable venture anyway.

Been living under a rock all this time have you? as this fact has been confirmed by both Sakurai and Kojima as well as Miyamoto and Reggie. I am just going to assume you're a troll or an idiot by now and stop paying attention.

It's fine if you people don't want 'em in there, but don't post stupid arguments as to why not.

I mean saying that they're stupid arguments is like really mature and intelligent of you but unfortunately throwing a hissy fit isn't proving anything darkesword said on the topic wrong, so

Apparently the new Samus design is going to be based off of the one from Other M.

I thought we were supposed to forget that game existed.

Well the design is the most recent one for her suit, so I don't see why they shouldn't just update it now instead of relying on the Super Metroid one. Everyone else gets their looks updated, why not her?

Also I'm really not concerned if a character I want in Smash 4 doesn't make it; odds are I can just hack 'em into Brawl anyways :D

Seriously I have Lloyd from Symphonia on my Brawl, along with Cloud Strife and Sora.

Also I'm really not concerned if a character I want in Smash 4 doesn't make it; odds are I can just hack 'em into Brawl anyways :D

While that's true, it's still just the model of an already existing character. I personally get really psyched to see movesets that are specific to the character including cool things from their own games. However, if you don't get bothered by that at all then I guess you are the winner here, because you won't ever not see your character in there =)

I just realized who I would absolutely love to see representing the Advance Wars franchise: Brenner from Days of Ruin. I think he would be badass, though I don't think they would include him. If anyone they would probably do someone from the original like Andy or Max.

While that's true, it's still just the model of an already existing character. I personally get really psyched to see movesets that are specific to the character including cool things from their own games. However, if you don't get bothered by that at all then I guess you are the winner here, because you won't ever not see your character in there =)

I just realized who I would absolutely love to see representing the Advance Wars franchise: Brenner from Days of Ruin. I think he would be badass, though I don't think they would include him. If anyone they would probably do someone from the original like Andy or Max.

Yeah I'd love to see an Advance Wars fellah though really I think it's long due a Golden Sun character get a proper appearance in it.

Here's hoping Isaac gets promoted from just an Assist Trophy (if a pretty awesome one).

other m samus looks cool, even if other m was poopgaem

This is true, though I honestly don't understand why they skipped the Prime games in whole. Brawl should've been based on like Prime 3 or something.

You know the one thing I like about Other M Samus better? Her run is cooler. In Brawl it's all awkward. In Other M she like bends over a bit and it gives a sense of momentum and not just the mailman from Zelda running around in a suit of metal. That's what Samus running in Brawl looked like.

The problem with the Other M suit is it seemed too light. It needed more weight, but she still should've run the same way she does already in Other M.

So hopefully they'll animate her similarly in Super Smash Bros. U.

Does it have an official name? Or is it seriously gonna be "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" and "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS"? Please no...

(and yes, apparently it's officially Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS)

Everything about the game is fine except for the freaking title.

Who the frik calls Smash Bros. "for Wii U". That's so boring. We had "Melee" and "Brawl" and you guys are calling this game "for Wii U". Ugh.

I'm having the same feelings with "Mario Kart 8". That's just a boring name. Even Mario Kart U sounds better. Or let's freaking give it a special name like they did with Double Dash and Super Circuit. That was cute.

I'm still very excited about the game, but in all honesty, the title is highly disappointing. I was hoping for another cool fight name. That's just unattractive. That sounds like a remake of an older game for a newer system... oh lord please no