OCRA-0040 - Final Fantasy VI: Balance and Ruin

zircon

There were no gaps in the waves I sent to Zircon.

Part 1:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32558357/Final_Fantasy_6_Omen_(I.%20Black%20Dawn).rar

Part 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32558357/Final_Fantasy_6_Omen_(II.%20Terror%20March).rar

Part 3:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32558357/Final_Fantasy_6_Omen_(III.%20Daydream).rar

Part 4:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32558357/Final_Fantasy_6_Omen_(IV.%20Polemos).rar

COMPLETE MP3:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32558357/Final_Fantasy_6_Omen_(SnapOrgBread).mp3

Whatever playback gaps there are must have been the cause of zircon editing the files himself or the disc manufacturing process.

I left the mix audiophile friendly (uncompressed) and maybe someone applied his own EQ or compression to the files in order for them to match the albums levels and upon exporting them is when the little bit of silence was added, who knows. I haven't listened to the album version. Anyway, there should be no gaps (also there was a mistake in the Polemos cut on disc 1 where a good 30-45 seconds of the previous song is in the intro). Overall it seems like our song got fucked on this album. :)

Edited by SnappleMan

(also there was a mistake in the Polemos cut on disc 1 where a good 30-45 seconds of the previous song is in the intro). Overall it seems like our song got fucked on this album. :)

I don't know, 'fucked up' or not the ending 'transition' for Daydream seemed to work as a badass intro build here :) Probably the ears of your standard listener wouldn't notice the difference when listening to it outside of its intended purpose.

I don't know, 'fucked up' or not the ending 'transition' for Daydream seemed to work as a badass intro build here :) Probably the ears of your standard listener wouldn't notice the difference when listening to it outside of its intended purpose.

Agreed, I thought this worked quite well and I just run stuff standard, no 5.1 with loads of gadgets or nunthing.

holy friggin' crap this was Awesome! since there are way too many tracks to list my top 3 tracks, I'll just list my top 3 moments

1. the Opera house. 'nuff said

2. the phantom train sequence. jazz party.

3. the prologue. close your eyes and you can practically see the opening credits on the backs of your eyelids.

So out of all the songs on this album, the one I can't seem to get out of my head is The Nightmare Oath. It's been playing in my head almost non-stop since the day after the album was released. I sing it out loud when I'm commuting on my motorcycle.

I went ahead and made a gapless FLAC of the Omen suite. I just strung them all together in Audacity and removed the gaps at a magnification close enough to be working with individual samples, so when you listen to it it sounds as seamless as reasonably possible. I'll put the link to the flac shared from my dropbox for the moment, unless someone has a better solution in mind for sharing it.

I went ahead and made a gapless FLAC of the Omen suite. I just strung them all together in Audacity and removed the gaps at a magnification close enough to be working with individual samples, so when you listen to it it sounds as seamless as reasonably possible. I'll put the link to the flac shared from my dropbox for the moment, unless someone has a better solution in mind for sharing it.

I was listening to this before I went to bed yesterday, (Snapple's link) and it seems pretty tight to me, although I know some people prefer FLACs to MP3s (I don't, despite the better audio quality in general it doesn't justify 3-20x the space on my HDD in my eyes).

Unless Norg, Fin or Zircon have an uncut flac I think this covers both angles. Good work guys :))

Unless Norg, Fin or Zircon have an uncut flac I think this covers both angles. Good work guys :))

Thanks =D

I'd actually created it before the previous post with separate ones (and an all-in-one mp3), i just forgot to post it here -_-

The reason I prefer FLAC in most cases is, aside from having a lossless 'master' copy to keep on my main PC, it also allows me to encode in my choice lossy format (vorbis@ q6) without having to transcode an mp3. (plus i hate mp3 for reasons technical and ethical, hah).

Hands down the best album on here. There is literally one song that I don't like, and that simple a matter of not liking the genre.

Really wish I hadn't missed the kickstarter, would love to have a physical copy of this. Now I'm going to start hoping for a Final Fantasy IX album that I would absolutely donate to.

I think this has been covered before but, will disc 5 be included in the physical copies of the album?

I don't know the situation behind the scenes, but it would seem with all the money from kickstarter, that it would definitely be possible.

Not to mention there's quite a few remixers that are ONLY on Disc 5 (pu_freak, bLind, willrock, archangel, myself etc...)

Just wanted to pop in after listening to the whole thing many many times...

Here are my 5 starred ones in no particular order:

Go Go Gadget Gonkulator

Idle City Street

Katabasis

Ascension of a Madman

La Montana des los Caballos

Jidoorian Rhapsody

Fiddlesticks Rag

The Impresario

Blackjack's Breakup

Gobble Snarf Snap