OCR00485 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "Yoshi's Lullaby"

Ginnsu

Yoshi's Island 'Yoshi's Lullaby'

I've been waiting for the chance to review something by McVaffe that isn't Street Fighter. Not that his Street Fighter mixes don’t rock my world, but I just need a change every once in a while. And here it is folks, a big change. This is a nice, soft, and dare I say, cute piano melody. A very peaceful piece of music, and very well done. Great work McVaffe, I love it.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

My only gripe is that it sounds too much like the original.

That having been said, of course it's going to keep the original feel of the song. I liked the original, and still do [perhaps a little too much for a 14-year-old]. I really don't think he could have done much more with it tho, it is an ending theme that sounds like a lullaby, can't really do much with that.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Never have I played this Yoshi's Island that you speak of, HOWEVER this remix by the almighty McVaffe just happens to just so moving to me, despite the fact that I don't know the meaning of the theme (usually, one has to play the game to understand its meaning, in my pov). McVaffe rocks!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There are a lot of us (until a while ago) that do not post reviews but that definitely appreciate McVaffe talent not only seen in this song, but in all of the ones he has done so far. All his songs deserve a straight 10 and to be honest, a place in heaven, for his beautiful music, McVaffe you are the best man!

P.D.: How can you possibly ALMOST cry with McVaffe's talent ?

• 2 years later...

Pretty standard but still very peaceful, this mix definitely evokes bedtime. -_-zzz

The solo harp was sounding kindof weak to me; it was well humanized but the sample lacked any sort of specific character. Once the piano came in, I was feeling it a lot more.

It's actually pretty difficult to pull off a mix like this and get an immediate reaction, as it is a track that requires a very distinct mindset from the listener. Mcvaffe, however is more than up to the challenge, and as a whole the track works very well. Now it's time for a nap.. :-)

• 1 year later...

Great treatment of an absolutely wonderful, underrated source tune. It sticks pretty close to the original, but McVaffe made it his own in some subtle ways. I love the articulation on the piano, which really gives it the same epic, flighty quality that the original hand.

Lovely, this is an oldie that still resonates with me because of the awesome song it's based off of! :-)

• 4 months later...

Very beautiful track. I always wanted to make or find a music box that played this so I could play it for the little ones. You know, it bugs me because I could have sworn that the original was based off of a real lullaby, but I can't think of the name for the life of me. The piano work done on this track is very fitting for a relaxing piece like this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00485 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "Yoshi's Lullaby"