Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

It certainly seems to be implying that Ness won't be in the game or that Ness will be different, but then again, implications aren't necessarily implicit statements.

Personally, I feel as if Ness will have a new moveset (or at least a heavily modified moveset)... that's what this update makes me think. It's talking about the differences between the two.

I guess I don't know, but that's what I'm leaning with right now. Certainly hope to see Ness in there, he's been a staple of the Smash Bros franchise, but I guess I'll be cool if Lucas replaces him altogether.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression that there is some anomaly with how everyone posts in this thread? I mean, there have to be some of you that are more excited about some other game, perhaps more than Brawl?

No, I'm not trying to troll, I'm just thinking about it. I mean, we have Galaxy coming out in a few days, and this is still getting more posts (like this one, for instance).

This thread seems to be the black hole of OCR, sucking in the various posts on this forum that would otherwise go to other game threads. I know, I know, this game is going to awesome, and I'm very excited about it too. It just seems weird, you know? This thread has more posts than the Wii thread itself!

I don't get it.

I guess I can see your point...every morning I check out the dojo to see what's been updated, then I come here, right -here-, and I see what people are saying. Maybe there's this really really well hidden hypnotic device inside the dojo that makes you go to other people and discuss Brawl so by the time it's out, there won't be a man, woman or child alive not kicking and screaming to get their hands on a copy!!!...well, it's just a theory.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression that there is some anomaly with how everyone posts in this thread? I mean, there have to be some of you that are more excited about some other game, perhaps more than Brawl?

No, I'm not trying to troll, I'm just thinking about it. I mean, we have Galaxy coming out in a few days, and this is still getting more posts (like this one, for instance).

This thread seems to be the black hole of OCR, sucking in the various posts on this forum that would otherwise go to other game threads. I know, I know, this game is going to awesome, and I'm very excited about it too. It just seems weird, you know? This thread has more posts than the Wii thread itself!

I don't get it.

rockband

by like a million

I don't get it.

Well, this game is given an update every weekday for us to discuss, and no other game gets that treatment.

Ness is good, but he isn't THAT good. ;P

Clearly you haven't seen me play Ness yet.

j/k

So, How cool would it be if assist trophies interacted with one another and other characters (aside from beating the snot out of the latter group). So, if there's a metal gear rex trophy, he'll fight Grey Fox and or Snake in lieu of other characters. It would suck if they turned on you but I think it would make things more interesting than just "assist trophy, go!"

Has anyone thought that if they played to a certain extent, or if they used the assist trophies enough, they would be unlocked as playable characters? Just a thought.

Nope and am sure they wont be I belive somewhere it was stated in the blog you cannot control the AT.

and dont be a jerk...

Ever since the first Japan Time, this has been the only thread that I read practically every post in. The daily updates just make this thread... addicting. If I didn't read it, I'd feel like I'm out of the loop like those guys who periodically pop in and say "DID YOU KNOW SONIC IS IN THIS GAME???" It's like a place where I get to yell random crap, and all the other Brawl addicts have no choice but to listen. It's like the Super Bowl. Except I care about it.

Has anyone thought that if they played to a certain extent, or if they used the assist trophies enough, they would be unlocked as playable characters? Just a thought.
Crazy Idea...

Certain Assist Trophies are actually playable characters that have yet to be unlocked!

Probably wishful thinking... but it would be nice...

Yes... its been thought of before. And seriously... STOP being a jerk...

I'm sorry. I'm not sure what I'm saying wrong, but I'ma shut up.

LOL.... you're not saying anything wrong. I just thought it was wildly hilarious to continue to accuse you for something you obviously didn't do...

Sorry, I'm kinda crazy like that... but it was funny :)

In a desperate attempt to glean more Ness info, I have taken the liberty of translating the first sentence of the most recent update from the Spanish and German versions of the page.

English:

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar.

Spanish:

Surely you remember Ness, a person who has appeared in previous editions of Smash Bros.

German (I know almost no German, BTW, so this may not be too accurate):

In the Smash Bros. series so far, a character named Ness appears [has appeared?].

Both the Spanish and German seem to avoid any reference at all to the present time in their mentions of Ness. The point, as near as I can tell, is that Sakurai is telling us nothing at all about whether Ness is currently in Smash. Probably the English phrase "up until now" is a translation quirk and not meant to imply that he's no longer there.

Can anyone translate the Japanese?

Hahaha! PSI Rockin would TOTALLY be Ness' Final Smash.

IF HE'S IN TEH GAYM BUT HES NOT SAD CRY TEARZ WHY SAKURAI WHYYY

also!

This kid is the biggest cunt ever.

cuntmouth.jpg

Say that Kyle Hyde, Mega Man, and Missingno will not be in the game in any way shape or form.

And say there won't be a bramble stage.