Nintendo DS

The Damned

My apologies if this is already posted and/or no one gives a damn (though I'm sure this will interest many of you anyway).

Remember that Daffy Duck cartoon in which an animator redraws him in different ways to piss him off?

A game based on that cartoon is coming out for DS later this year. (link)

The announcement for Tales of Innocence makes me so fucking happy for 2 reasons:

1) It isn't done by Dimps

2) It is going to be on the DS, and any Tales game that Nintendo gets will be promoted like fuck, which means for sure we will get it here in the states.

Sucks that more than likely we won't be getting ToDr or ToR for the psp since those are going to SONY *fucking douchebags*, but at least we will be seeing ToS2 and ToI for sure.

I've got a DS question: What games have I missed that I should really take a look at? Here's a list of what I've played through so far (or am currently playing):

Castlevania (both of them)

Final Fantasy III

Phoenix Wright (both of them...yes!)

Yoshi's Island DS

Kirby (both of them)

Animal Crossing

Sonic Rush

Mario 64

Elite Beat Agents (and the Japanese one)

Trauma Center

Metroid Prime: Hunters

"" Pinball

Electroplankton

Super Monkey Ball

Super Princess Peach

Tetris DS

New Super Mario Bros.

Star Fox Command

Cooking Mama

Clubhouse Games

Hotel Dusk

Custom Robo Arena

FF Chocobo Fables

Pokemon Pearl

Megaman ZX

Dragon Quest Adventures: Rocket Slime

I'm especially on the lookout for good RPG's, even though I know they're few and far between on portable systems. Thanks in advance to anyone answering my question!

The announcement for Tales of Innocence makes me so fucking happy for 2 reasons:

1) It isn't done by Dimps

2) It is going to be on the DS, and any Tales game that Nintendo gets will be promoted like fuck, which means for sure we will get it here in the states.

Sucks that more than likely we won't be getting ToDr or ToR for the psp since those are going to SONY *fucking douchebags*, but at least we will be seeing ToS2 and ToI for sure.

Hell yeah. Btw, what was the deal with that other Tales game for DS? It came out in Japan and was rated less-than-stellar (though I still wanted to try it out), but there was never word of it coming out in the US...anybody know if it's even planned to come here?

Hell yeah. Btw, what was the deal with that other Tales game for DS? It came out in Japan and was rated less-than-stellar (though I still wanted to try it out), but there was never word of it coming out in the US...anybody know if it's even planned to come here?

As far as I know, there are no plans to bring Tales of the Tempest over right now. That shouldn't come as too much of a surprise though; a lot of Tales games have never seen localization.

Anyone tried out Nervous Brickdown yet? It's a Breakout clone and then some. I've had it since it released here and haven't finished it yet (some of the bosses are quite hard; yes, there are *bosses* in a Breakout clone), but it's a good combination of hard and fun with a really good vibe to it. The new ways they've come up with to make a "bounce the ball into blocks and don't let it get past your paddle" style game innovative are fantastic, like drawing your own paddle and using it to clear ink off a piece of paper, or having to switch the colour of your paddle to match the colour of the ball.

Anyone tried out Nervous Brickdown yet? It's a Breakout clone and then some.
Yeah, I picked it up not too long ago. Only tried Arcade mode and haven't made it very far in that but it is enjoyable, even if it's only a small step up from Arkanoid (same falling-pill power-up system and everything).

It's a bit annoying to have to follow the ball across both screens (at least it is on my original DS) but the graphics are nice. Kind of reminds me of Tetris DS--minus the retro-Nintendo elements of course.

Yeah, I picked it up not too long ago. Only tried Arcade mode and haven't made it very far in that but it is enjoyable, even if it's only a small step up from Arkanoid (same falling-pill power-up system and everything).

It's a bit annoying to have to follow the ball across both screens (at least it is on my original DS) but the graphics are nice. Kind of reminds me of Tetris DS--minus the retro-Nintendo elements of course.

World 1 is the only one that is true classic Arkanoid. Get on to some of the other worlds and you'll see what I mean about the game completely reinventing the genre :)

I've got a DS question: What games have I missed that I should really take a look at? Here's a list of what I've played through so far (or am currently playing):

Castlevania (both of them)

Final Fantasy III

Phoenix Wright (both of them...yes!)

Yoshi's Island DS

Kirby (both of them)

Animal Crossing

Sonic Rush

Mario 64

Elite Beat Agents (and the Japanese one)

Trauma Center

Metroid Prime: Hunters

"" Pinball

Electroplankton

Super Monkey Ball

Super Princess Peach

Tetris DS

New Super Mario Bros.

Star Fox Command

Cooking Mama

Clubhouse Games

Hotel Dusk

Custom Robo Arena

FF Chocobo Fables

Pokemon Pearl

Megaman ZX

Dragon Quest Adventures: Rocket Slime

I'm especially on the lookout for good RPG's, even though I know they're few and far between on portable systems. Thanks in advance to anyone answering my question!

Etrian Oddysy is really good. I've been playing it and it's kind of like those really old school first person dungeon games where you can make notes and stuff on the map, but this time you get to draw the map as well. a little hard to start, but quite fun none the less.

I've been playing a lot of Elite Beat Agents recently and the original DS stylus is killing my finger. I've been thinking of getting some DS lite styluses. Is there anything stopping me using a DS lite stylus on an original DS? They're not made of different stuff or anything?