Sign in to follow this  
The Damned

Nintendo DS

Actually, coboltstarfire already traded with me.

But, I still have lots of starters for anyone that wants one. All eggs, too, so they get your trainer name and number.

We need to turn the Pokémon D/P thread into a trading list.

Anyone playing Heroes of Mana or Luminous Arc? I picked up both last week, and am especially enjoying Luminous Arc. Some of the characters are annoying, but I'm enjoying it more than Final Fantasy Tactics, mainly because you don't have any choice over which class a character is, so you don't run into the "I have 30 classes, which should I make and when?" thing.

Heroes of Mana does have some pathing problems, like the reviewer on gamespot mentioned, but I'd hardly call it a 5.5/10. I haven't played it as much as Luminous Arc so far, but both are good.

Jam Sessions looks like a neat idea. What'll sell me is palette swapping. I'd ideally want to put 8 chords on a palette, plus if you hit the left shoulder trigger, it swaps to the next palette you define. It's obviously not written for jazz guitar, but only 8 chords per song seems too limiting to me.

I have a Tauros and could breed one up real quick for you. Hit me up.

AArgh. Stole my thunder right out from under me. Cool though, you uber trainers are whats saving the WiFi trading network from being flooded with total crap. (such as lvl 1 bidoofs up for trade for lvl 100 whatnot)

I've played the Japanese version of Jam sessions and it seems a little limited. It's just chords. I suppose that's enough for some people but I think that it should have chords AND individual notes AND the ability to record songs with both. Otherwise that toy shouldn't be more than $14.99 U.S. dollars. And it doesn't look like they are adding much for the new release. And there's a Disney game coming out that blows Jam Sessions away in terms of features. What!

I played Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates and it seems pretty good. You don't get to choose your own character but that's because of the increased focus on story. But I don't know Japanese so whatever. They added some interesting combat moves like grabbing enemies and somehow whaling on them with your sword while holding them above your head (or holding on from below if it is a flying enemy). And it is nice that there is no longer such a ridiculous delay between pressing the button and actually attacking. Was it possible to jump in the gamecube Crystal Chronicles? I don't remember, but you get to jump and do some platforming on the DS version. I liked the Gamecube version but from what I've played Ring of Fates may well be a lot better.

I've played the Japanese version of Jam sessions and it seems a little limited. It's just chords. I suppose that's enough for some people but I think that it should have chords AND individual notes AND the ability to record songs with both. Otherwise that toy shouldn't be more than $14.99 U.S. dollars. And it doesn't look like they are adding much for the new release. And there's a Disney game coming out that blows Jam Sessions away in terms of features. What!

I played Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates and it seems pretty good. You don't get to choose your own character but that's because of the increased focus on story. But I don't know Japanese so whatever. They added some interesting combat moves like grabbing enemies and somehow whaling on them with your sword while holding them above your head (or holding on from below if it is a flying enemy). And it is nice that there is no longer such a ridiculous delay between pressing the button and actually attacking. Was it possible to jump in the gamecube Crystal Chronicles? I don't remember, but you get to jump and do some platforming on the DS version. I liked the Gamecube version but from what I've played Ring of Fates may well be a lot better.

Nope, you weren't able to jump in FF:CC. Anyway, sounds cool. With the increased focus on the story/single-player mode, though, I wonder if/how the multiplayer will suffer.

anybody know whether or not Ace Attorney 4 is ever gonna be released in the US?

Pretty sure it's going to be. They already gave the guy the name of Apollo Justice.

With the increased focus on the story/single-player mode, though, I wonder if/how the multiplayer will suffer.

Probably from being the same exact game as single player with the same scaling system from the original CC. Not that I'm complaining...

Or if they wanted to "ruin" it they could just have specific multiplayer levels. Lemme specify: It depends on your point of view. It heavily limits the levels and replay of multiplayer, but it may give them some focus to it so they they improve the game in more ways than just gameplay.

I really hope that they give FFVI the same treatment. Looks awesome, and I'll be getting it day one.

Any word on new bonus content?

The story goes that for FF4, about half of the script was abandoned, including a bit of backstory about Kain and his father.

As much as I would enjoy a faithful update to 3-D, I sincerely wish they decide to expand on the story a lot more. They could flesh it out a lot more without sacrificing the main story. FF3 was good as it was because I never did play it on the NES, but this will need a big overhaul since the nostalgia factor is gonna be gone.

The story goes that for FF4, about half of the script was abandoned, including a bit of backstory about Kain and his father.

Wait, you mean that for the DS remake, they're actually cutting parts of the story? At the very least, we need the same translation and amount of script as in the GBA game, and I'd prefer slightly _more_.

Wait, you mean that for the DS remake, they're actually cutting parts of the story? At the very least, we need the same translation and amount of script as in the GBA game, and I'd prefer slightly _more_.

No, I meant that the SNES version was heavily edited to reduce the content, as it was a pretty big story to begin with. Therefore when it was originally released, a part of the story concerning Kain was dropped.

I hope the DS remake will use that story.

Man... I'm dying to play FFIV on the DS.

It's amazing how everyone was crying for the remakes of FFVII-FFIX on the PS2(I'm still waiting for FFVIII), and yet they're tackling the SNES games first.

Of course, I'm not complaining, being that two of my all time favorite games are FFIV and VI. Although I'll be somewhat upset if they leave out this fabled part of the story out again.

I haven't even finished the GBA version yet... I hate you, Squeenix. I hate you Kefka-style.

I beat it WITH grinding and 100% item completion *sans lunar trials* within 30 hours, so you shouldn't have much trouble beating this if you play it like 10 minutes a day until the ds version comes out :P

Is it me, or are the GBA ports a lot easier than their SNES *Or PS1 for ff4 rather* counterparts?

I recall many reviews saying that FF6 for GBA was a lot easier than the original, citing lower level bosses and fewer random encounters.

Having never picked it up, I can only go by said reviews. Surely someone has it and can verify.