Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Okay so this prolly isnt an issure for many people, but i asked in #ocremix earlier and uhmm yeah...

In the user control panel when editing profile, the category "Remixing Tools Used" or whatever.

I was wondering if there is, or can be, a way for users to not have to select anything, or just have an option to not show it publicly in our profiles.

I understand why it is there and all, but i think we should be allowed to not share the information if we choose.

aaaand, that is all

bye

After I stopped using FL I had to change this too - I found that you just need to ctrl-click whatever you had selected before to [obviously] deselect it.

It's not a very complete list, really, but in this day and age I shouldn't expect people to include trackers in their big lists :P

• Fixed Aplus mirror (for now)
  • Changed to javascript:void(0) for tab links instead of anchor
  • Added avatar path to alt text for identification purposes

• Fixed Aplus mirror (for now)
  • Changed to javascript:void(0) for tab links instead of anchor
  • Added avatar path to alt text for identification purposes

Thank you... very...much...

So, I am posting from my Palm TX atm...and the formatting of OCR looks really ugly on a mobile device - is there any improvements in the works?

So, I am posting from my Palm TX atm...and the formatting of OCR looks really ugly on a mobile device - is there any improvements in the works?

Well, which bits? I can control the layout of the main areas of the site, but AFAIK vbulletin doesn't have a "mobile" skin out-of-the-box... I really would like to get the site working on mobile devices... perhaps I could do mobile.ocremix.org as a subsite or something. There's also a way of specifying separate CSS for handheld devices. But, testing for the variety of devices out there can take ages.

Anyone have some *concrete* ideas or answers or suggestions for better mobile access to OCR?

Well, at least for the main area of the site, the newest songs are inaccessible to a mobile user, as well as most previous songs (except for the songs that were just knocked off the front few, as well as those that appear in the Russian ReMix roulette). In addition, if one was able to reach a ReMix page of his/her choosing, it is impossible to actually be able to download a song.

Right now, this is out of curiosity since I have other means to get the music I want onto my Palm, although I think in the future (maybe next 10 years or however long it may take for mobile devices to gain popularity and usability?) sometime it may be nice to implement a mobile web surfer friendly page.

I minor thing, I'm not sure if it's been reported yet, but in the forums when I make a top-of-page post it never registers the thread as read.

For example, I currently hold the last top-of-page post in the Mega Manniversary thread, and have obviously clicked on and read the thread, yet it's not shown to have been read.

And now it's "what did djp change" time again!

Did you read my post regarding the upgrade? I don't understand whether your comment was meant sarcastically, but I explicitly stated that I didn't intentionally change anything. There may be visual discrepancies due to a change between sablotron and libxslt as the underlying transformation engine, but they are not of my design...

Can't view quite a lot of threads when displaying in threaded mode as you get messages similar to this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 266414 bytes) in /home/ocremix/public_html/forums/showthread.php(1599) : eval()'d code on line 39

Not exactly a design problem, but whatever.

Liontamer recently closed a whole bunch of threads in the WIP section. While I understand why he does this and don't really have a problem with it, I think that he shouldn't lock 6 or 7 at a time, especially if they're as old as, for example, this one anyway. The reason is that every lock bumps the thread and thus takes away space which could be used to show more recent WIPs on the first page of the WIP subforum. Thanks to the massive amount of stickies, there isn't that much space anyway, so bumping 6 or 7 old threads at once doesn't seem like a very good idea to me.

Not exactly a design problem, but whatever.

Liontamer recently closed a whole bunch of threads in the WIP section. While I understand why he does this and don't really have a problem with it, I think that he shouldn't lock 6 or 7 at a time, especially if they're as old as, for example, this one anyway. The reason is that every lock bumps the thread and thus takes away space which could be used to show more recent WIPs on the first page of the WIP subforum. Thanks to the massive amount of stickies, there isn't that much space anyway, so bumping 6 or 7 old threads at once doesn't seem like a very good idea to me.

It's a one time thing to inform people of posted submissions that have used the WIP boards. Not sure if you weren't clear on it, but locking a thread can't bump it, only posting can. As more people post, the locked threads will naturally fall off of page 1 of WIPs.

[02:37am] Legion303: http://www.ocremix.org/o/composers returns 404

[02:37am] Legion303: and all download links

[02:37am] Legion303: etc

Edit: Problem solved? Looks like Legion just had his own issue there.

NOT solved.

Same 404 problem for me.

I don't believe we ever had our URLs in that style to begin with. Also, all of our game database URLs have a / at the end anyway.

Yeah he said he had his own javascript problem there.

Edit: Oh, since there's a Wii number and XBL gamertag option on here for profiles, can one be added for PSN IDs for PS3s?

It's a one time thing to inform people of posted submissions that have used the WIP boards. Not sure if you weren't clear on it, but locking a thread can't bump it, only posting can. As more people post, the locked threads will naturally fall off of page 1 of WIPs.

Yeah, I know that it's not locking, but posting in a thread which bumps it. However, this is exactly what you do, since you always post the link to the review thread.

As I said, locking WIP threads is okay with me, but I just wanted to say that it shouldn't be done with 5 or 6 threads at the same time. The WIPs need as much exposure as they can get, and kicking them of the first page doesn't really help that.

Just sayin' :<

1) The Site Project Guidelines link in Darkesword's quick note about ReMix Projects thread still links to the old phpBB thread.

2) Some games are erroneously listed under the publisher id. Fixes:

Tomb Raider --> Eidos

Fear Effect --> Eidos

And these were developed, but not published, by id:

Commander Keen 4 --> Apogee

Commander Keen 5 --> Apogee

Wolfenstein 3D --> Apogee

Doom II --> GT Interactive

Here's a small suggestion. How about specifying an input background color to go with that forced black color? It's very hard to read inputs and and buttons on the forum if your computer has a dark background by default.

Here's a small suggestion. How about specifying an input background color to go with that forced black color? It's very hard to read inputs and and buttons on the forum if your computer has a dark background by default.

Added to http://www.ocremix.org/includes/css/ocr4_main.css

Can you refresh/clear cache and verify that it address your issue?

UPDATE: I forgot that applying background to input makes buttons white too... afraid not too many people are gonna like that, although it doesn't bother me... we'll see, might need another solution...

Added to http://www.ocremix.org/includes/css/ocr4_main.css

Can you refresh/clear cache and verify that it address your issue?

UPDATE: I forgot that applying background to input makes buttons white too... afraid not too many people are gonna like that, although it doesn't bother me... we'll see, might need another solution...

Much better. Thanks. :)

However, if you don't like the white background on the inputs, remove the text coloring and the background color and let the OS style the input elements instead. :P