Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Yes please fix this :( takes like 3 seconds to mess with the CSS and make unvisited URLS a dark orange [or whatever color you think would be stylistically better], so I can find links.

Done.

However, in the future, instead of telling me how painfully simple something is and how it'll only take three seconds, it'd be great if you could just tweak it yourself and let me know what the fix is.

Granted, it's my site, I'm responsible, and I'm the one who should have gotten it right in the first place, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to tell me a change would take three seconds, when it probably took longer to write your post, without just going ahead and explaining specifically what the change is.

Just a philosophical footnote.

Ya know how this site has a random videogame character at the top right corner? It would be nice if I could mouse over it and be able to read who the character was and from what game/series.

Ya know how this site has a random videogame character at the top right corner? It would be nice if I could mouse over it and be able to read who the character was and from what game/series.

We've got dedicated community peeps who are workin' on it. They're doing an excellent job so far. When it's eventually finished, it'll be more comprehensive and informative than you'd expect.

Why aren't the original songs for all the most recent remixes being listed?

Songs and associations from ReMixes to songs are all handled by me and djp. I periodically send him a batch of SQL queries, and he manually runs them to add the information to the database. I just haven't sent djp the info in a while.

EDIT: Should be cool now. Added songs for Punch-Out!! as well.

***This past weekend, after djp handled the necessary coding, there is now a "Real Name" field for everyone's profile. If the feature ends up being abused, it can be changed to only allow moderators to edit the information, which merely hampers the feature for everyone else. Or we can just ban for abuse outright and thus leave the feature open to the people that will use it properly. Yeah, that's pretty much how that will be dealt with. :lol:

As OCR looks into expanding awareness of VGM arrangement among social networking sites, the Real Name field is a good way, especially for ReMixers, to get one's information out there beyond your nickname. Personally, I prefer being on a fist name basis with people rather than referring to them by their internet handle, so I'm glad the feature is out there.

***Also this past weekend, for anyone who hasn't noticed yet, I also enabled ReMixers to display the title "ReMixer" in their forum profile and forum posts, something I've wanted since the old phpBB boards to give OCR's contributors increased recognition within the community.

In order to display this title if you are an existing ReMixer, go to your User Control Panel (User CP), choose "Group Memberships" (in the Miscellaneous section at the bottom) and identify yourself as a member of the ReMixers group. Some recent new mixers still need to be added, and that will be taken care of soon. Please let me know if that's the case for you, and I will do what I can.

In addition, while there's no timetable, djpretzel hopes to program a feature where clicking on the "ReMixer" title on a ReMixer's forum posts can bring a user to that mixer's list of posted OC ReMixes. Having watched djp code the aforementioned forum changes, I can say that the trial-and-error aspect of coding even relatively minor changes is more time consuming that I ever realized, so please be patient. Hopefully though, that level of synergy for the ReMixers' forum profiles and music pages will be around the corner.

In addition, while there's no timetable, djpretzel hopes to program a feature where clicking on the "ReMixer" title on a ReMixer's forum posts can bring a user to that mixer's list of posted OC ReMixes. Having watched djp code the afformentioned forum updates, I can say that the trial-and-error aspect of coding even relatively minor changes is more time consuming that I ever realized, so please be patient. Hopefully though, that level of synergy for the ReMixers' forum profiles and music pages will be around the corner.

I know very well how much Trial and Error is a part of coding, forum hacking, and tweaking... And if I had vBulletin, I'd offer my coding, tweaking, and hacking services... But alas, vBulletin is commercial software, and I don't have enough money to invest in a copy

I haven't checked the CSS, but Firefox is having a rendering problem with regards to the BBCode tag code.

The more lines, the bigger the gap between the last line and the bottom border, increasing with 4 pixels for each added line. Note that the /code comes right after the last digit every time. There are no new lines added afterwards.

Have a look.

(I've seen this several times, but thought it was obvious enough to be noticed, thinking it was being looked at already, however, in case this might be a local problem with Firefox 1.*)

Firefox 1.5.0.11

Why has Sexy Trunks been moved under Super Street Fighter II Turbo? Isn't Balrog's theme the same in The World Warrior save for the instruments used and the key change?

Why has Sexy Trunks been moved under Super Street Fighter II Turbo? Isn't Balrog's theme the same in The World Warrior save for the instruments used and the key change?

Back before Neostorm subbed that track, he used the WIP forums to get feedback on it. He specifically said the source tune was the Super Turbo version and hosted an MP3 of it.

Back in the day, djp just put some stuff where it was covenient. Another example, "FF7 ROBOVoice" really belonged in FF5, so I had it moved there.

That was all OCR01500 house cleaning. I'm detail-oriented about that sort of thing, so when we can, source game will always be the specific game attributed by the submitting artist, even if a source tune is used in several different games.

I think this is the place, DaStinka, although you'd might have more luck PM'ing LionTamer.

It seems we could use another "how to use the forum guide". I have no buttons for editing things like bold, italics, underline, color, size etc. Were those removed for a reason or have they just not been implemented yet? Also, is it no longer possible to change a thread title? A lot of features seem to be missing from this forum when comparing with the vB forums I'm used to visiting. Is it because of safety measures taken to prevent OCR's sometimes very immature forum community from going nuts (like the 4 image limit, the 10 char limit and the 10000 char limit)?