Castlevania: Cacophony of Incarnation 2016

MindWanderer

So no takers for the switch? come on guys!  

On another note if I do get someone willing to switch I was planning on streaming the mixing process for this track, as I'm on vacation now I have plenty of time and don't have to rush it as always.  I think it maybe could be a helpful experience for some.  So if there's interest I'll do it.

2 hours ago, Sir_NutS said:

So no takers for the switch? come on guys!  

On another note if I do get someone willing to switch I was planning on streaming the mixing process for this track, as I'm on vacation now I have plenty of time and don't have to rush it as always.  I think it maybe could be a helpful experience for some.  So if there's interest I'll do it.

(deep breath) Ok, if it's allowed I'll take your spot. Just let me know what needs to happen, TBH I'm not 100 percent sure how this works, just give me a Due date and Required source material. 

Edit: Yeah I guess I really don't understand how this works, but my offer is still standing. If someone need me to take their place for legit reasons I'll do it. I've got some time this week and next that I may not have later this month.

@YoshiBlade

your offering Sir_nuts to switch but you guys are already in the same bracket lol.

@Sir_NutS

I'll be ok to switch if you want Sir_nuts. However I'm only in the second bracket so idk if you would still want to do that or if mindwanderer has a set up where I'm exclusively in the second bracket since the chatter so far has primarily been about the people in the first bracket.

16 minutes ago, Supercoolmike said:

@YoshiBlade

your offering Sir_nuts to switch but you guys are already in the same bracket lol.

@Sir_NutS

I'll be ok to switch if you want Sir_nuts. However I'm only in the second bracket so idk if you would still want to do that or if mindwanderer has a set up where I'm exclusively in the second bracket since the chatter so far has primarily been about the people in the first bracket.

Thanks, but second bracket is a bit too late, my vacations would be over by then.
If I don't find anyone willing to switch that's fine, it's not like I normally have a lot of free time when I do these compos, so it just would be business as usual.

Sorry, Sir_NutS, looks like you're out of luck.  Too bad, I would have been interested in watching a stream, too (though probably just the archive).  The Alucard pairings are:

Alucard Bracket

It's actually completely a coincidence that they turned out to be in the same chronological order I originally listed them in.  That probably won't happen for the other brackets.

Remember, the deadline is exactly two weeks from now, January 27 at noon PST.  I know that may seem like an odd time, but it's what works with my own schedule.  Please don't procrastinate!  I won't download the remixes until the deadline, so if you send me a link and then want to improve your mix, just update it in place (and make sure downloading is enabled!  I see that mistake a lot on SoundCloud).

Please keep the voting guidelines in mind when working on your mix.  Work on integrating the two themes smoothly first, then worry about production and other elements.

15 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

Sorry, Sir_NutS, looks like you're out of luck.  Too bad, I would have been interested in watching a stream, too (though probably just the archive).  

That's fine.  Good luck to all the participants this round, I'm looking forward to listening to the songs!

On a second note I will be doing the stream today anyways.  I know we have some veterans in this compo but maybe some of the newer guys would be interested in watching.  I'll be working on a new track but I will be answering production questions mostly.  Well that is, the little I know about production.  But what little I know I would like to share it, so tune in if you want!.  If that's ok with you I will post an update when the stream goes up in an hour or two.

2 hours ago, Sir_NutS said:

That's fine.  Good luck to all the participants this round, I'm looking forward to listening to the songs!

On a second note I will be doing the stream today anyways.  I know we have some veterans in this compo but maybe some of the newer guys would be interested in watching.  I'll be working on a new track but I will be answering production questions mostly.  Well that is, the little I know about production.  But what little I know I would like to share it, so tune in if you want!.  If that's ok with you I will post an update when the stream goes up in an hour or two.

I'd like to watch it, but I'm at work atm. Are you going to archive your streams for later view? I'd be game for that!

2 hours ago, Jorito said:

I'd like to watch it, but I'm at work atm. Are you going to archive your streams for later view? I'd be game for that!

I'm done for now but I'll stream again in the afternoon, in around 3 hours or so.  I checked the archive and the stream has some issues.  I wasn't capturing the whole screen so the VST windows aren't visible, although I do explain what I'm doing.  Still I go about explaining a lot of stuff.  I'll go over it again briefly when I stream later.

Here's the archived stream for this morning:
http://www.twitch.tv/sir_nuts/v/35385621

Cheers mate, I'll check it out. Also good to see some Bitwig streamin' (and some more synth action!).

I found the commenting pretty good. Like you said, it's probably very educational for new people, but I also found it cool to see how you work. My only remark is that the overall volume was a bit low and the mic not that clear (at least in the first stream).

9 hours ago, Sir_NutS said:

Streaming now at http://www.twitch.tv/sir_nuts/

8 hours ago, wildfire said:

I've also been testing out some streaming methods (twitch, mixlr) while working on an album remix, I can post the info here if anyone's interested. I usually remix at night (central time). 

I think this could be an interesting angle for this competition! I think I'll throw my hat in the streaming ring. I've go the set up and I've wanted to do some streaming for fun.

Anyone else thinking about broadcasting their process? 

17 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

So then Yami's track is Crystal Teardrops??  Bit confused by the Underground Caverns title in the brackets.  

Yes, that's correct; the YouTube link points to the right source.  Underground Caverns, 1797 is the name of the location and year in which it's heard.  Thematically, the cultists' summoning has caused the Burning Town from 1792 to appear merged with the Underground Caverns of 1797.

2 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

Yes, that's correct; the YouTube link points to the right source.  Underground Caverns, 1797 is the name of the location and year in which it's heard.  Thematically, the cultists' summoning has caused the Burning Town from 1792 to appear merged with the Underground Caverns of 1797.

Aha okay makes sense :D

19 hours ago, Jorito said:

Cheers mate, I'll check it out. Also good to see some Bitwig streamin' (and some more synth action!).

I found the commenting pretty good. Like you said, it's probably very educational for new people, but I also found it cool to see how you work. My only remark is that the overall volume was a bit low and the mic not that clear (at least in the first stream).

Sorry about the mic quality, I have a crap mic so i guess that'll have to do for now.  I hope people can at least understand what I say.  I'll try to do something about the volume levels.  I'll be going live again in a couple of minutes if anyone wants to tune in ( http://www.twitch.tv/sir_nuts/ ), with the vst windows issue fixed so this should go better.  and the archived streams will be at http://www.twitch.tv/sir_nuts/profile 

This will be the last time I post about it so I don't derail the thread any more (sorry about that MindWanderer), so if anyone wants to see subsequent streams just hit the follow button on twitch and you should be notified in the future.  I'll probably do a couple more before my holiday ends and then do it sporadically after.  If time allows it I'll try to stream the remix I do for this compo as well.

This morning's stream (with better explanations): http://www.twitch.tv/sir_nuts/v/35570530

On 1/15/2016 at 9:06 AM, Sir_NutS said:

Sorry about the mic quality, I have a crap mic so i guess that'll have to do for now.  I hope people can at least understand what I say.  I'll try to do something about the volume levels.  I'll be going live again in a couple of minutes if anyone wants to tune in ( http://www.twitch.tv/sir_nuts/ ), with the vst windows issue fixed so this should go better.  and the archived streams will be at http://www.twitch.tv/sir_nuts/profile 

This will be the last time I post about it so I don't derail the thread any more (sorry about that MindWanderer), so if anyone wants to see subsequent streams just hit the follow button on twitch and you should be notified in the future.  I'll probably do a couple more before my holiday ends and then do it sporadically after.  If time allows it I'll try to stream the remix I do for this compo as well.

This morning's stream (with better explanations): http://www.twitch.tv/sir_nuts/v/35570530

Hey Sir_NutS Do you still use Reason at all? I'm always looking for fellow Propellerheads to glean some tips and tricks from while they're streaming on Twitch, sadly not many Reason users stream, it's mostly FL and Live. 

14 hours ago, YoshiBlade said:

Hey Sir_NutS Do you still use Reason at all? I'm always looking for fellow Propellerheads to glean some tips and tricks from while they're streaming on Twitch, sadly not many Reason users stream, it's mostly FL and Live. 

I don't use Reason much lately, but I will do a Reason stream for the next one.  I see you followed so you should get a notification next time I go online.