Castlevania: Cacophony of Incarnation 2016

MindWanderer

3 minutes ago, Esperado said:

So what im reading is that we are part of the Dracula bracket if we lose our first round?  Id just like to clarify.

Sorry, yes.  It's just a fancy name for the losers' bracket.

Anyone who loses a later round will also enter the Dracula Bracket, but will start with some points to represent their previous wins.

I have a question. On the Soma Bracket post in the public forum, it says list the titles of the TWO entries we're voting for. I can understand saying two to keep participants from voting themselves. But for non-participants like myself, would I still have to vote only for two entries, or could I vote for three entries from the three match-ups?

5 minutes ago, nitrozsz said:

I have a question. On the Soma Bracket post in the public forum, it says list the titles of the TWO entries we're voting for. I can understand saying two to keep participants from voting themselves. But for non-participants like myself, would I still have to vote only for two entries, or could I vote for three entries from the three match-ups?

I would guess that's a typo: you should vote for 1 entry per matchup.

4 minutes ago, wildfire said:

I would guess that's a typo: you should vote for 1 entry per matchup.

Yeah, my mistake.  I misplaced Chalis's entry and thought there were only two matchups this round.  Fixed.

Pay close attention to the sources used before voting.  Unless my ears deceive me greatly, I think someone used the wrong source for their entry.

7 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

Naturally, the poll feature of the forums was fixed mere hours after I posted the new round.  So, take 2.  I think this will be a much closer round, so please be careful with your votes.

Are the polls private? 

The problem I have with public voting in bracket compos is that if the votes are extremely lopsided, some competitors know what they're working with before others. 

1 minute ago, wildfire said:

Are the polls private? 

The problem I have with public voting in bracket compos is that if the votes are extremely lopsided, some competitors know what they're working with before others. 

I agree, and I would have liked to have a poll that would remain private until the deadline or until manually "unlocked," but these forums don't support that feature.  The alternative is to have voting by PM, and that's not only harder for me to manage, but feels slightly shady because the votes never go public.  Normally one can simply not reveal the bracket layout until the finals, so folks don't know who their opponents will be, but this time we go into the bracket finals right away.

3 hours ago, Chernabogue said:

Holy shit, how could I be so stupid?

EDIT wait this is for SOMA bracket, I haven't voted yet.  So ignore my previous statement haha.  

edit2

Also, sorry to hear that Chernabogue.  Happens to the best of us from time to time.  Getting old + not having free time on your hands does that to you.

8 hours ago, HoboKa said:

- does this mean that I have to incorporate both Gario's and Aleix Ramon's theme, or just Aleix Ramon's? 

21 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

Round 2 of the Alucard bracket will be a simple 3-way matchup.  Each competitor will have to use all three sources: Beginning, Divine Bloodlines, and Gaze up at the Darkness.  Only the entry with the most votes of the three will move on, although the second-place entry will get some extra bonus points going into the Dracula Bracket.  The entry filename should follow the format:

• Your Name - Remix Name (Your Source; Opponent's Source; and Other Opponent's Source)

e.g.

• MindWanderer - Wallachia Just Keeps On Burning (Warakiya Village, 1476; Burning Town, 1792; and Master's Keep, 1944)

8 hours ago, WarMachine said:

After some intense listening today (finally had a little bit to actually do it lol) i decided to polish up my track a little more, submitted my final version :)

Good call! I'm essentially doing the same (and waiting on some recordings) so it's gonna be an interesting battle between us. Have at you! :P

in all seriousness, I'm very curious what you came up with!

Edited by Jorito

34 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

24 hours left for the Simon bracket, and I have 2 entries so far.  Hope everyone else is working hard to get theirs in!

I sure am! My song is done (all glorious 4:12 of it), I'm just holding off with submitting to keep options for last minute polishing open and on the off chance that I might get some vocals from Tuberz at the last moment. I'll send it in regardless, but it might mean you'll have to 'enjoy' my voice (with a cold) in stead ;)