Castlevania: Cacophony of Incarnation 2016

MindWanderer

Yeah, same issue for me, too. I kind of like the system, though, so if it's not fixed by next week I suggest people who are participants for that week to vote for their own track. It balances out as long as both people vote, and as an unexpected bonus it punishes a few people who don't vote (participants who don't vote miss that point they give themselves), pushing out at least a few votes. That's good for compos like this.

My two cents.

23 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

@MindWanderer Confirmed as an actual bug in IPS 4.1.7.

They've released a patch, but they've also announced it'll be fixed in 4.1.8, so I think I might just wait to get the official fix as part of that upgrade, which should drop in a couple weeks.

So, we'll live with it for this week.  Next week we'll go back to vote-by-post.  Asking everyone to just consistently vote for themselves works, but I want people to be able to confirm that they placed their votes the way they intended.  I'll start using polls again when 4.1.8 gets installed on the boards and I can confirm that this week's poll behaves properly.

I just realized how frequently my source modulates. It is making things awkward for me to say the least in combining sources easily. Normally it's just a simple transpose and then snip-snip the pieces to arrange.  

I will do my best though!

Normally I do upbeat stuff, so it'll be a good challenge to do some more gothic-sounding work. :-)

On 1/28/2016 at 2:42 PM, MindWanderer said:

So, we'll live with it for this week.  Next week we'll go back to vote-by-post.  Asking everyone to just consistently vote for themselves works, but I want people to be able to confirm that they placed their votes the way they intended.  I'll start using polls again when 4.1.8 gets installed on the boards and I can confirm that this week's poll behaves properly.

I pm'd a vote to you, is that sufficient?

1 hour ago, HoboKa said:

I pm'd a vote to you, is that sufficient?

I can't tell whether your vote went through because of the bug, so just vote for yourself if it still lets you. Since there's the same number of votes for each pair, I'm guessing that voting for each pair is required, so everyone else might as well do the same. I'm pretty sure that despite the bug, it will still only allow everyone to vote once.

Again, this round was pretty lopsided, so I'm not going to sweat the details unless one of the pairs suddenly turns into a horse race.

2 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

I can't tell whether your vote went through because of the bug, so just vote for yourself if it still lets you. Since there's the same number of votes for each pair, I'm guessing that voting for each pair is required, so everyone else might as well do the same. I'm pretty sure that despite the bug, it will still only allow everyone to vote once.

Again, this round was pretty lopsided, so I'm not going to sweat the details unless one of the pairs suddenly turns into a horse race.

Gotcha

On 1/27/2016 at 10:51 PM, theshaggyfreak said:

Hah! Just took a quick listen to Aleix's and I'm fairly sure I lost this one. I really had this nifty idea that I was working on with all ukulele stuff but it just wouldn't have been possible to finish it in time. :) Good show, Aleix!

Thank you! I'd have loved to hear your ukulele idea! :)

Sorry for the delay.  I have all 6 submissions for the Soma bracket and will get them up shortly.

Gario, HoboKa, and Aleix Ramon are the winners of the Alucard Bracket, round 1.  A great job by all!

Round 2 of the Alucard bracket will be a simple 3-way matchup.  Each competitor will have to use all three sources: Beginning, Divine Bloodlines, and Gaze up at the Darkness.  Only the entry with the most votes of the three will move on, although the second-place entry will get some extra bonus points going into the Dracula Bracket.  The entry filename should follow the format:

• Your Name - Remix Name (Your Source; Opponent's Source; and Other Opponent's Source)

e.g.

• MindWanderer - Wallachia Just Keeps On Burning (Warakiya Village, 1476; Burning Town, 1792; and Master's Keep, 1944)

PlanarianHugger, Yami, and theshaggyfreak have fallen into darkness and will be representing the forces of Dracula in a couple of weeks (if they choose).  I'll post the Dracula Bracket rules a bit later on.

Edited by MindWanderer
Filenames

So here's the way the Dracula Bracket is going to work.  It will be somewhat familiar to anyone who's participated in or followed along with the WCRG.

When the votes for all three Round 1 sets have been finalized, I'll post a single source to be used for the round.  It will be a non-area theme taken from some Castlevania game.  Anyone who chooses to participate will create a remix using their CCoI area theme and the theme of the round.  Voters will choose their top 3 entries, ranked.

Points will be awarded from the bottom up.  Last place will receive 1 point.  Each place above that will be worth one additional point.  First place will be worth an additional bonus point.  Ties will also score from the bottom up, so, for example, if there's a 2-way tie for second place, each will receive points equal to a 3rd-place entry.

Collaborations will be allowed.  If two or more Dracula Bracket participants want to combine forces, they may do so, using both of their sources as well as the source for the round to create a single remix.  However, their entry will be scored as if it were two tied entries.  Therefore, if you're being strategic, collaborating is only a good idea if you're confident you can create something together that would rank higher than what either of you could do on your own.