OCR Secret Santa 2016

Bahamut

On 12/20/2016 at 2:00 PM, The Nikanoru said:

So, I asked a friend of mine to ship this two weeks ago, which they said they would be happy to do - and then I saw that package sitting on their desk this morning. After raising hell and high water, I have learned not to ask anyone else to ship important packages in the winter season.

My gift will be air-freighted out tonight. I sure hope my person likes their gift, because I'm spending way more than I expected to get it to them in time for Christmas... :)

Aw man sorry about that, I hope it wasn't too much trouble! 

If it helps, this book has been on my list of things to buy for a long time but I never got around to it, I really appreciate it!

3 minutes ago, wildfire said:

Aw man sorry about that, I hope it wasn't too much trouble! 

If it helps, this book has been on my list of things to buy for a long time but I never got around to it, I really appreciate it!

To be honest, your reaction made it all worth while. :D

I'm a big fan of VG lore - I have an original Nintendo Power strategy guide at home for a Link to the Past that details things like landscapes, Hylian fashions, and pre-OoT descriptions of the history of Zelda. I couldn't find anything that 'fit' based on your quite specific instructions, but when I saw this, I had the gut feeling that this was the RIGHT THING - and I'm super happy you like it!

I just got home to a ThinkGeek package that I definitely didn't order myself sitting near my desk. It contained these! 

U2NrWfZ.jpg

Dunno how good the detail in that pic is, but that's a Batman travel mug (which will get LOTS AND LOTS of use because I drink a LOT of coffee on the go), and a Batarang letter opener! How did you know that Batman is my favorite super hero?

As a side note, I was feeling pretty down today about being a Miserable Excuse For An Adult (tm), but now I own a letter opener. You have no idea how much that has cheered me up -- I can do a Very Adult Thing (opening mail) in style now! Thank you so very much, Secret Santa! (I know your name but not your forum handle, so might as well be anonymous :P )

7 hours ago, Flexstyle said:

I just got home to a ThinkGeek package that I definitely didn't order myself sitting near my desk. It contained these! 

U2NrWfZ.jpg

Dunno how good the detail in that pic is, but that's a Batman travel mug (which will get LOTS AND LOTS of use because I drink a LOT of coffee on the go), and a Batarang letter opener! How did you know that Batman is my favorite super hero?

As a side note, I was feeling pretty down today about being a Miserable Excuse For An Adult (tm), but now I own a letter opener. You have no idea how much that has cheered me up -- I can do a Very Adult Thing (opening mail) in style now! Thank you so very much, Secret Santa! (I know your name but not your forum handle, so might as well be anonymous :P )

I had received confirmation that Mr. Wayne's shipment had arrived. He sends his regards sir. ;) And wait till you see what that letter opener looks like. You'll want to do not adult things with it. ;)

Oh my!  Looks like over the past hour I suddenly got a Steam overhaul!  I have received:

- Tales of Monkey Island complete edition
- Bit Trip Void
- Lego Harry Potter (both instalments)
- The original Five Nights at Freddys
- Crypt of the Necrodancer (YES, top of my wishlist!)
- and Undertale!

Yikes... @Wiesty, you have one heck of a Steam wallet!  Don't worry about the package that's in the post (damn you, Royal Mail!!) - I'll be ready for that when it arrives.  Other than that, thank you soooooo much! :)

I received my gift from Rexy! (I was out of town for a few days but it was waiting in the house for me!) I got a Chrono Trigger (favorite game!) shirt, a waterproof notebook, and a pack of "writer emergency cards", in addition to a thoughtful note/poem! Thanks so much, Rexy! This is awesome and thoughtful. My phone is giving me image upload issues so here's a link to a photo of my gifts- http://imgur.com/De57z5H

Happy holidays, all!

(BardicKnowledge, glad you received your gift! It's one of my favorite novels. Enjoy!)

10 hours ago, ProjectSpam said:

I received my gift from Rexy! (I was out of town for a few days but it was waiting in the house for me!) I got a Chrono Trigger (favorite game!) shirt, a waterproof notebook, and a pack of "writer emergency cards", in addition to a thoughtful note/poem! Thanks so much, Rexy! This is awesome and thoughtful. My phone is giving me image upload issues so here's a link to a photo of my gifts- http://imgur.com/De57z5H

Happy holidays, all!

(BardicKnowledge, glad you received your gift! It's one of my favorite novels. Enjoy!)

Awesome, I saw the image and I am glad Tom Servo got there in one piece as well!  Have a wonderful rest of the holidays x)

34 minutes ago, Miyakan said:

Thank you Wildfire for the Metroid action figures!! I've never seen them in New Zealand so I was really surprised! I'll post a picture in the next day or so. Still got to sort out stuff from the holidays.

I'm so glad you liked them! I figured they'd be good gifts for you right now and also good for your kids when they get older. 

What were the random powerups inside the packages? 

45 minutes ago, wildfire said:

I'm so glad you liked them! I figured they'd be good gifts for you right now and also good for your kids when they get older. 

I don't know yet. I haven't opened them. I've been building my Lego sets first. I'll open them tomorrow and put up a picture.

On 01/01/2017 at 7:34 PM, wildfire said:

I opened them finally. Got a sweet morph ball powerup!! And the top of the metroid is loose plastic so it's squishy!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150761383@N02/shares/F9WQoz