SNES Classic

TheChargingRhino

3 hours ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

I find it funny how gamers tend to complain that the industry is out of ideas and there is nothing new,

but trip over themselves to get a relaunch of a nigh 30-year-old console.

Nothing wrong with nostalgia. Plus it has Star Fox 2.

Also it's not necessarily the same gamers complaining about originality that are after the revival stuff.

I barely got one this morning, I was so happy! SNES is my favorite console, and even though I'm disappointed it doesn't have Chrono Trigger and Donkey Kong Country 2 or 3, I own them digitally so I'll manage. 

I won't lie, I teared up a little during unboxing and watching the FFVI intro. More than anything I'm excited for my son to play this when he's a little older.

• DarkeSword changed the title to SNES Classic

There's no source available that will announce when the next shipment happens (if), is there?

Everything about this feels too "exclusive" and living about an hour away from any actual stores puts me at a disadvantage. I have missed SNES Classic, NES Classic, and the last two Zelda amiibo releses (plus upcoming Guardians) thanks to these limited pre-orders and shop inventories 

I didn't get a SNES Classic. I tried to knowing I likely wouldn't be able to, but not for the reason I was expecting.

I'm not really mad that I missed out on the launch again, what makes me mad is that every single pre-order thing I signed up on dropped the ball on just giving me an alert that they were ready to purchase-in advance. Play-Asia, Walmart, B&H Photo. None of them sent me anything when I signed up for them... no, I tell a lie, Walmart DID send that infamous false alarm one, but when it came time for the real thing? LOLOLOLOLOLOLno.

Meanwhile I'm seeing pictures of some fuckers who have 5-7 SNES Classics and it's like, why do I want this world to continue? There were anti-scalping measures set up and these fuckers STILL hoarded loads of them for scalping.

Makes me almost wish I voted Trump. Almost, not quite. >:S

My brother picked one up at Target on Friday morning. I was at my dad's house last night and I played a little bit of it.

I had never played the NES Classic so the interface was new to me. Pretty cool! The controllers feel nice and the emulation doesn't seem to have any issues as far as I could see. We tried out some Contra, and I also played some Super Mario World.

The CRT filter is pretty nice, though I know I prefer a little bit more phosphor glow in my shaders. The rewind function is REALLY cool, but it's a little cumbersome in that you have to reset back to the home screen to do it, and the only way you can seemingly do that is by actually hitting the reset switch on the unit itself.

I'm still gonna try to track one down; really wanna try Star Fox 2.

I have a friend who picked up a few of them from various online preorder sources, but he is a pure and kind-hearted soul who only did so in order to make them available to friends at regular cost. He gave me first dibs and I claimed the single European model among his selection. I'm thinking of getting a Japanese Famicom Mini to go along with it.

• 7 months later...

Back in... February? Before it got to be easier to find a SNES Classic like it is now, I managed to get one at the local Walmart whilst going there at 7:00AM for some stupid reason I really didn't want to do. Was worth the trip.

Haven't had time to try'er out since, but it was a rare lucky break at a time when I've had to resort to paying witch covens to cast spells on us over Ebay just so maybe we could go 40 hours without someone shattering their elbow or someone getting diseased or some other disaster. SNES Classic was not part of that spell.