Final Fantasy 7 ReMix Compo [Results]

zircon

Just letting people know that the ReMix Sir_NutS and I did isn't finished yet. That probably wasn't hard to figure out, though.

Figured as much - I was really diggin' it and it just stopped!

And I was literally working up until the very last second of the deadline to finish mine. I had only gotten to record the vocals at five p.m. yesterday, had to go to a wedding, and when I got back, the party I was hosting at my house was in full-swing. I just had to go straight back to my room and finishing editing the vocals.

I'll have a final version later - but I gotta wait until I get back into town first.

I just finished listening to everything - awesome stuff - great contest!

lol...thanks I guess. I thought it was time for me to step up...even if I'm armed only with my voice. It's apparent that my so-called "ReMix" is somewhat rushed and underdeveloped compared to the awesome enteries I'm listening through right now, but still...I just needed to do this and have a bit of fun in the process...it's my first step to bigger things and improvements, you know.

Anyway, nice job everyone. Still need to listen to the rest of the stuff...including yours, Fishy. But overall, this is kick-ass.

Its always good to see someone doing what they can, even if they don't have an amazing bunch of programs to do it with. :) It was just the exposure you were giving your voice really shocked me, I would be so afraid to do something like that.

Swordbreaker:

Holy freakin' crap!! :)

lol...I'm a bit too surprised that I went through it myself. :)

I've been listening to my entry a couple of times and criticising myself on my performance. Felt that it could've been a lot better. I've been singing the theme to myself and it sounds better than the take I recorded. Oh well. Guess you learn from your mistakes, eh?

On a side note, just sent my votes to zircon. Very, very impressive top 3. :)

Its always good to see someone doing what they can, even if they don't have an amazing bunch of programs to do it with. :) It was just the exposure you were giving your voice really shocked me, I would be so afraid to do something like that.

Yeah...I think I exposed a little too much.:P

A friend who I lent my voice on a game remix recently encouraged me on "not being afraid to scream in the mic and put in more energy"...I usually sing to myself ambiently (in a more quiet tone) so I wanted to try the opposite with my FF7 entry. Still have a few screws loose here and there...but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a bit more practicing.

Tricklozen, I'll be darned if that isn't the cutest Barret theme I've ever heard in my life. Awesome.

What is that vocal sample from? I haven't seen anything related to FF7 except the original game. Glad to see someone else do Barret, though.

Fishy's is awesome, so is Mustin's, and Rexy's, and Prophet's sax orchestra, and... I gotta stop. These all are some wonderful mixes. Great turnout.

Reuben Kee wins for best title, I bet. :D

No, seriously. It sounds good that we've got a turnout like this one, and I'm very impressed that there's been some good justice being given to all these undercovered source tunes. I'll see if I can make my vote, though I do feel pressed for time with other things, namely some college projects to be done by the 15th. >.>

[EDIT: ok, wtf happened to the emoticons? answers outside the topic please...]

What is that vocal sample from? I haven't seen anything related to FF7 except the original game. Glad to see someone else do Barret, though.

Fishy's is awesome, so is Mustin's, and Rexy's, and Prophet's sax orchestra, and... I gotta stop. These all are some wonderful mixes. Great turnout.

Vocal sample is from the movie-sequel Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. :)

i'd like to point out that i literally did this on the 30th and 31st (as in, i wrote the arrangement during a 7-hour period on the 30th, and recorded it/mastered it kinda on the 31st till about 11pm). i'm going to re-record the tenor saxes, at least, and actually spend time mastering it when i'm not falling asleep listening to it cause i've been up for 23 hours straight.

enjoy!

Fantastic arrangement Prophet. Did you play all of the sax parts yourself?

After listening to your entry, I wish I'd have thought more seriously about recording live Trombone parts for my entry. The samples aren't terrible though.

What's the name of the reverb you used by the way? It sounds great.

Good luck everyone.

Prophet: Then we're two! I started my remix at the 30th :P

Heck, I got Reason the 24th :D

What a coincidence, I got Reason around Dec 12, and started mine on the 28th at about 1am for an hour. Then I finished it on the 29th and 30th.

I was seriously just screwing and came up with the soundscape, and then I started rewriting the chords to fit the mood, and then went from there.

Damn alot of people in this compo used Reason

Ok well last night I was, for some unknown reason, given a random bit of inspiration to try and make a song purely out of samples from other works. And what better set of songs to try this out with than the FF7 project/compo! Sooo... I stole acouple of samples and made up a 2:00 tune.

Using ACID 4, an old old version with apparently heaps of bugs, I sliced things from (in order of appearance) Sephfire/Tweek, Mustin, Zoola, Alex Smith, Fishy, Avaris, Reuben Key and Swordbreaker. Not the cleanest, cos this is the first time I'v ever done anything like this, but fun to make to make none the less....

ENJOY!! :D

http://vmeissner.googlepages.com/FFmix.mp3