Final Fantasy 7 ReMix Compo [Results]

zircon

I want a "I remixed FF7 and all I got was this lousy shirt" shirt. :whatevaa:

lol, me too. I hope you're doing some ridiculous orchestra remix or random awesome solo piano improv thingy.

I'm thinking about participating on this one. For a weird/random futuristic thingy game we need more techno kind of stuff, and I need more excuses to actually make music. I thought the OST was more abstract compared to the other FF games (hence one reason I didn't care much for FF7); I think there's still a lot you can do with certain genres though.

I'm out. I was doing Racing Chocobos, and all was going well at first. The track got to the point where it was done except for minor adjustments and mastering, but then something interesting happened: the source got to the saturation point was so freaking annoying I began hearing it where ever I went. As a result, I find it nearly impossible to continue tweaking my own remix...and I sure aren't submitting what I have now.

This sounds strange, and slightly...complain-y, I suppose, but it's an interesting story and a warning to those who chose to remix this evil, evil, track.

So, anyone who does a remix of that saccarine, uppity track has my eternal respect. You are the brave!

The winner will be determined by voting from whomever wants to vote. Everyone who votes will simply list the three entries they like the most. The criteria to keep in mind, of course, would be arrangement and production - weight them equally.

As you'l be casting multiple votes, it cant be a poll, so I'd guess it'l be like in PRC, where you PM the coordinator your vote.

Voting period, no idea. I'd guess 5-7 days....?

I'm out. I was doing Racing Chocobos, and all was going well at first. The track got to the point where it was done except for minor adjustments and mastering, but then something interesting happened: the source got to the saturation point was so freaking annoying I began hearing it where ever I went. As a result, I find it nearly impossible to continue tweaking my own remix...and I sure aren't submitting what I have now.

This sounds strange, and slightly...complain-y, I suppose, but it's an interesting story and a warning to those who chose to remix this evil, evil, track.

So, anyone who does a remix of that saccarine, uppity track has my eternal respect. You are the brave!

i feel your pain. :)

plus, since racing chocobos is a spinoff, i'd say close enough :P

I'm really not sure you know which track we're on about here, because racing chocobos has absolutely no themes from the actual chocobo theme at all, they're unrelated musically. One is definately not a spinoff of the other :P.

I may have forced the chocobo theme into my mix for one or two lines, but I really had to wrangle with it to make it work because they're different.

I could see how there could be confusion, with -what, four chocobo themes? The Waltz definately has some similarities to Racing though (the way the melodies resolve).

I'm assuming you linked to your chocobo mix, bgc- I can only access the forums from, uh, work.If so, I can't tell if you are supporting me or mocking me. :lol:

I might toss my mix in the thread after the entry deadline has passed as a bonus/joke mix, if it's allowed. For curiosity's sake, or whyever people submit bonus mixes. I have to admit though; it is fairly funny to hear the track progress and hear it grow more bizarre and less coherent as I loss patience with the theme... :P