Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Aren't you just faster and more powerful in hyper mode?

Haha, if they did implement it somehow, MP3 would make for some interesting speedruns...

The hyper mode corrupts. I think you can only use it so much, with the effects being cumulative, before something critical happens.

I think the "problem" with Echoes was it was more challenging to navigate. The world had a much more gnarled and maze-like layout which, coupled with the dark version and the need to jump between worlds, was too much for some people. The wimps. Seriously, I find myself impatient while traveling through it sometimes, especially when I just want to get from point A to point B quickly. I'm actually replaying Echoes right now, just got the Spider Ball. This will be my 3rd...maybe 4th time through the game. I still love it and it improved over the first in a lot of areas, but it is more frustrating working your way through the environments.

I think the dark world maybe pushed it into overkill and turned some people off of it. Especially these days when far too many gamers want everything spoon fed to them and immediately gratifying, no patience, rather than work at getting anywhere. They'd never have survived the 8 bit days.

Edit: For the record, I'm celebrating the release of Prime 3 by playing all of the Metroids I own this month. Zero Mission and Prime 1 are finished, working on Echoes, next up Super Metroid then Fusion to finish it.

The only reason I hate Prime 2 is because I was going for the 100% log book, and only after I've saved in the Ing mothership or whatever do I discover that I missed the scans for the keyholes or whatever before unlocking thing. Damn did that piss me off, because I'd gotten everything else up to that point.

EDIT: In response to Brushfire, the only way the controls could upset me is if the game is entirely unplayable. I figure if they screw up Prime they've still got chances to make things right with Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Brawl. Only in the case of all three games being total control flops (which seems unlikely given the massive amount of positive reviews and good media we've seen for all three games so far) will I give up and declare the Wiimote a worthless gimmick.

The only reason I hate Prime 2 is because I was going for the 100% log book, and only after I've saved in the Ing mothership or whatever do I discover that I missed the scans for the keyholes or whatever before unlocking thing. Damn did that piss me off, because I'd gotten everything else up to that point.

I did the same thing in Prime 1. Totally forgot the Ice Shriek Bat, haha. Didn't even realize it until nearly the end of the game.

I can't play Prime or Prime 2 without going as fast as I possibly can (I've gotten it down to almost 6 and 8 hours respectively with no sequence breaking). Sometimes I even reset if I take too long to do something. I'm not sure why, as the first time I played both I really took my time and scanned and made sure to look at and appreciate everything. Of course I won't rush Prime 3 my first time, but I wonder how fast it will be possible to beat once I know the game really well, especially compared to the first two.

The IGN boards have some interesting commentary on Metroid Prime 3...

-------------------

I mean, watching the Trailer, I can't help but to think of Spider-Man 3...it says that Samus is being corrupted and what scares her is that she Likes it...

Peter Park: "...It feels good.."

Phazon = Symbiote.

Samus = Peter.

We are gonna see an Emo Samus Aran.

I have an image in my head of Samus with jet-black hair, pale makeup and dark mascara, posting in her livejournal.

"hi guys.

today was the worst day ever. that ***hole Ridley broke my armor again.

now I have to find all the pieces.

life sucks."

Emo Samus Pics please.

sounds kinda hot to me

Samus doesn't have a penis
neither does parker.
:lmassoff:

Remember, kids: don't be an emo kid. Cut along the arm, not across.

--------------------

I think the "problem" with Echoes was it was more challenging to navigate. The world had a much more gnarled and maze-like layout which, coupled with the dark version and the need to jump between worlds, was too much for some people. The wimps. Seriously, I find myself impatient while traveling through it sometimes, especially when I just want to get from point A to point B quickly. I'm actually replaying Echoes right now, just got the Spider Ball. This will be my 3rd...maybe 4th time through the game. I still love it and it improved over the first in a lot of areas, but it is more frustrating working your way through the environments.

I think the dark world maybe pushed it into overkill and turned some people off of it. Especially these days when far too many gamers want everything spoon fed to them and immediately gratifying, no patience, rather than work at getting anywhere. They'd never have survived the 8 bit days.

Edit: For the record, I'm celebrating the release of Prime 3 by playing all of the Metroids I own this month. Zero Mission and Prime 1 are finished, working on Echoes, next up Super Metroid then Fusion to finish it.

I'm actually doing the same thing. I'm on Metroid Prime 2 right know except at the point where I am about to get the light suit. I'm also doing it on hard. Sheesh, people complain about it being to hard on normal, hard mode is really something. I am going to try and finish Metroid and Super Metroid before MP 3 comes out.

I also totaly agree with what you said about MP 2. You really have to do alot of work in that game that may be why people don't like it (or give it a chance), aside from the Difficultly which I actually don't find very hard at all. I'm actually known for having a lot of patientence, so I quess thats why MP 2's gameplay didn't bother me much.

No. It was the Spider Ball Boss. The rest of the game was just the right difficulty, but it was that GOD DAMNED SPIDER BALL BOSS.

Also, the Boost Ball Guardian on Hard Mode has me stuck.

EDIT: PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT HARD METROID GAMES? Try this, you will love hating it: http://drewseph.zophar.net/

No. It was the Spider Ball Boss. The rest of the game was just the right difficulty, but it was that GOD DAMNED SPIDER BALL BOSS.

EDIT: PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT HARD METROID GAMES? Try this, you will love hating it: http://drewseph.zophar.net/

Heh, yeah, the Boost Ball Guardian and The Spider Ball Guardian can be tough...but it's the Alpha Blogg That always nearly kills me (and occasionally succeeds). On this particular run, I finished that thing will 4 health points left on my last energy tank.

I hate the spider guardian with a passion. You don't take much damage, but the timing is a whore.

I don't remember having any trouble with the spider-ball guardian, just the boost ball guardian.

Same. And ALOT of trouble.

I've never understood how people had problems with the Boost Ball Guardian, much less the Spider Ball Guardian.

Have you played it on Hard Mode? The boost guardian was tolerable in normal... but Hard was a BITCH. Must've tried that shit close to 20 times over before completing.

That's no exaggeration either :P Sounds about right, haha.

Hell yes, boost guardian is really tough on hard mode. It took me about 15 or 17 trys before I beat it. Guadraxis is also pretty tough. As of now, those where the only two bosses I had trouble with in hard mode. The rest (including spider guardian) where easy.

By the way, Metroid comes out on VC today. Can't wait to get it.

Which one was spider guardian? I remember Boost being really annoying. But have no recollection of spider guardian. Must not have been a problem for me.

A virtual non-boss, where you're in morphball form the entire time. You have to trigger all the targets fast enough, and hit the guardian with your bombs.

No big intro or anything to that boss, it's just sorta.. there, waiting for you.

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Metroid (NES): OMG U R A GIRL

Shining in the Darkness (GEN): A dungeon crawler that looks like it came from the 8-bit generation

Cratermaze (T16): Bomberman - Bombs + Digging + Treasures

I am considering getting Metroid on VC this monday. What's another kickass NES game to get? Kid Icarus? I want something that will last me awhile and isn't brutal as far as game saving goes.

Personally, I'd recommend getting Punch-Out!! over Kid Icarus. Can't go wrong with that game IMO.