Nintendo Wii

Smoke

My brother is trying to decide whether to get Heatseeker or Blazing Angels. Advice?

Heatseeker all the way, its just better alround, I picked it over Blazing Angels and Wing Island.

Blazing Angels is okay but I wouldn't pay full price for it, if you see it second hand or at a half of budget bin it might be alright.

IGN has new hands-on info on Dewy's adventure (since yesterday me-thinks).

It appears you move to controller to tilt the game world (like monkeyball and that other game), so it won't be yer regular adventure game.

I guess I'd still wanna try it though, but I'd rather have full control over the character itself. :)

So...much...cuteness x_x

I can't make links, but I'm sure you can find it.

It appears you move to controller to tilt the game world (like monkeyball and that other game), so it won't be yer regular adventure game.

I guess I'd still wanna try it though, but I'd rather have full control over the character itself. :)

So...much...cuteness x_x

Indeed, looks to be a pretty enjoyable game all things considered. Plus it's from the guys who did Elebits (IIRC) and we all know how that game turned out :)

Speaking of which, European release date for said game has finally been revealed to be april 27th :D

So...much...cuteness x_x

Best part about the controls for the game, is that they decided not to fuck around and go for that damn pointer-style control, to tilt everything. Holding the controller horizontally, like a steering wheel, or like in SPM, makes a whole hell of a lot more sense for giving good and comfortable control, over such a style of movement.

Shame they didn't do something like that for Zelda.. would have made the Rollgoal minigame a lot more playable, IMO.

And somewhat off topic.. I'm now up to 3 games. This is a first for me, with a system so new. I now own Zelda, Super Paper Mario(game is fucking great. Already have 40 hours in it, trying to test out things and max out some stats), and just bought that Godfather game yesterday. Only problem I have with the controls of Godfather, involves the camera. If you set the camera to "inverse" settings, then when you go free aim mode with a gun, aiming to the side of the screen, you'll cause the camera to turn the other way. That and the general aiming of the gun is rather clumsy, in lock-on mode.

You know, with that nutcase Massacre Chaser, Jack Thompson out there, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't come under heavy fire already, simply because of the sheer level of immersion required for you to play some of these games.

I mean.. for any game that acts as a shooter, you actually need to keep a steady aim. Something you don't need in Halo or GTA or any of the like, be it with a mouse or a controller, because it's incredibly easy to hold your aim steady there. With the Wii remote, you actually need to keep your aim steady to make these shots.

In that vein, Godfather is incredibly fun. I'm having such a great time pounding guys to death with my bare hands. :D

Hope that wild boxing game comes out over here, sometime soon. Especially if it has online play.

If MC,JT thinks Counterstrike and GTA can be used to "train", wait until you see the next generation of Nintendo Kiddies snap, after 500 hours on games like Elebits, training their steady hand, rapid hand-eye coordination and tracking skills.

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Gradius III (SNES): Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A BOOM

Wonder Boy in Monster World (GEN): Another in the line of fun, though confusingly named Wonder Boy series

Battle Lode Runer (T16): A sort of bastard child of Dig Dug and Bomberman

The best virtual console game out thus far.... BOMBERMAN '93!!!

That game is AMAZING. Well, for multiplayer anyway. Actually.. that may be because I already own all of the other great games in the selection....

I bought Gradius for the Virtual console.. how goes Gradius III compare? Anyone know?

You know, with that nutcase Massacre Chaser, Jack Thompson out there, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't come under heavy fire already, simply because of the sheer level of immersion required for you to play some of these games.

I mean.. for any game that acts as a shooter, you actually need to keep a steady aim. Something you don't need in Halo or GTA or any of the like, be it with a mouse or a controller, because it's incredibly easy to hold your aim steady there. With the Wii remote, you actually need to keep your aim steady to make these shots.

In that vein, Godfather is incredibly fun. I'm having such a great time pounding guys to death with my bare hands. :D

Hope that wild boxing game comes out over here, sometime soon. Especially if it has online play.

If MC,JT thinks Counterstrike and GTA can be used to "train", wait until you see the next generation of Nintendo Kiddies snap, after 500 hours on games like Elebits, training their steady hand, rapid hand-eye coordination and tracking skills.

A good point, though I imagine that had something to do with Take Two preempting ole' Jackie boy about Manhunt and GTAIV. Manhunt on the Wii could be...gruesome.

Here's a nice helping of rofl. On the subject of Square-Enix not bringing their games to the virtual console:

"We feel that the Japanese game market still requires media," he said. "Also, FF and Dragon Quest are played by a wide range of users, from children to adults, so there are limitations when you consider the problems that we would have with billing systems."

Oh, yes, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they can just rerelease those games over and over and over again for far more profit than they would get from releasing them on virtual console. Or is that what he means when he says "the market still requires media"?

I think Square is full of it, and they've lasted long past their prime, going from solid games which might appeal only to a narrow audience(FF6, CT), to more mass-market games that are trash(FF7, 8, X-2).

Square has no valid excuse for not releasing their games on the VC. If they were worried about pricing issues, that's why kids get an allowance and why Nintendo offers the points cards in store, so you don't even need a credit card.

Kid's get an allowance? I must never have been a kid then... The only money I ever got as a kid came from a paper-route I did. My parents never gave me that kind of money (enough, that is, to buy a VC game). Maybe enough to buy a piece of candy, rarely, but never anything more than $4 ($4 was a lot if given by my parents...).

I'm of the opinion that the VC games are over-priced. Not terribly so, I suppose, but often more than I'm willing to pay. I know that discussion has been had before. Really, my point was that not everyone has an allowance. I doubt I even knew what that was until I was 12. So for some people, kids especially, a $10 game can be quite pricey.

I agree though. Square just doesn't see the benefit of releasing their games on the VC. FF1-6 have been re-released somewhat recently, so there's no major need for those to go to the VC. CT though, considering the attention that Square is giving it, should go to VC. If you're going to ignore the game/series, then just give it to us (on the VC, of course), so that we can play it again. If you're not going to do that, then do another re-release (this isn't what I'd prefer, but it'd be better than leaving it out in the cold).

Ever since the cease-and-desist was sent to CT:R, I haven't been to happy with Square. Enix, maybe, but not Square. Mouser X out.