Facebook is Incredible

KWarp

I'm not saying this to promote the site or be anti-myspace or anything. Facebook is a genuinely excellent service and frankly I'm astonished.

A few things I like:

Unlimited photos. Incredible uploading and organizing software.

Same for event management.

Clean, solid interface with non-intrusive ads.

It's fast.

^ you panzy.

But ya Facebook is definitly a great service. Clean interface unlike myspace. It also actually does have alot of features that are disguised in a very simple interface without the annoying in your face look of alot of other community sites like that.

I have mixed feelings towards Facebook. Though yes, it gives me another medium to contact other people that I may not know so well as to call them, it's kind of flakey. There are people who really attempt to get as many 'friends' as possible and in a way show off how many other people they know.

A lot of these communication tools already exist. When someone writes on your wall or something, you essentially get an e-mail from Facebook notifying that something has been written there. Then you have to go to the site and log in and then read it. It really is no trouble, however, it could have been easier if the original person just sent you an e-mail in the first place. As for groups, there are other sites that provide this as well such as Yahoo or Google even. But I feel that when you do register for something like Facebook, it's more of an agreement that "yes, I am willing to be contacted in this fashion." Therefore, it's a bit less awkward for me to send another person an e-mail and have him or her wonder where I got the e-mail address and why I'm sending anything to him or her.

OCRemix Facebook group:

http://cooper.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2210239078

Just to note, I probably am one of those people that checks e-mail, Facebook, online forums multiple times a day. It's not that I'm obsessed with prying into people's lives. But it gives me something to do and in truth, I've been going to a new school where I haven't really made any friends and talking to someone familiar is far easier than making introductions and going through all the formal pleasantries. So in essence, I'm just socially starved. :roll:

well, i sorta figured it all out. facebook/myspace is not an adress book on steriods, its a online penpal organization. you can write notes to people or comment on them and not see them for how ever long of a time. it all works out.

yeah, its good cause it helps me stay in touch with all my disspersed highschool friends.

I spend about 4 or 5 minutes on myspace every two or three days, so I don't have a problem with it. I hate using it, but it's completely retarded to not use it when you're in a band.

I must say that facebook looks a lot better. I start going blind if I stare at a myspace page for too long.

I have mixed feelings towards Facebook. Though yes, it gives me another medium to contact other people that I may not know so well as to call them, it's kind of flakey. There are people who really attempt to get as many 'friends' as possible and in a way show off how many other people they know.

A lot of these communication tools already exist. When someone writes on your wall or something, you essentially get an e-mail from Facebook notifying that something has been written there. Then you have to go to the site and log in and then read it. It really is no trouble, however, it could have been easier if the original person just sent you an e-mail in the first place. As for groups, there are other sites that provide this as well such as Yahoo or Google even. But I feel that when you do register for something like Facebook, it's more of an agreement that "yes, I am willing to be contacted in this fashion." Therefore, it's a bit less awkward for me to send another person an e-mail and have him or her wonder where I got the e-mail address and why I'm sending anything to him or her.

OCRemix Facebook group:

http://cooper.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2210239078

Just to note, I probably am one of those people that checks e-mail, Facebook, online forums multiple times a day. It's not that I'm obsessed with prying into people's lives. But it gives me something to do and in truth, I've been going to a new school where I haven't really made any friends and talking to someone familiar is far easier than making introductions and going through all the formal pleasantries. So in essence, I'm just socially starved. :roll:

I have to say that Facebook totally pwns. I've found so many childhood friends and have developed some great relationships with people cause of Facebook. =) And BTW, join the OCR Facebook group. Thx.

All these social networking sites are meh. People spend too much of their time on them.
I do hate the people who feel the need to check facebook/myspace 37 times a day

Yes.

Also agreed. I have a sparse bare facebook page I maybe check once every 3 months, and I dont even have a myspace account.

I dont feel I need some massive social network to keep in touch with my "friends". No person has 500+ friends they keep in touch with on a regular basis. If those people really were my friends, I would hang out with them, or call them, or IM them or something. I dont need a website to do that.

And yes, people who check their facebook/myspace more than a couple times a day need help.

It's basically MySpace but with annoying, totally random pictures.

What.

I'm very confused as to how you could find Facebook more annoying than MySpace. The entire interface is so much cleaner, and I don't have to listen to your crappy music when I visit your profile.

All these social networking sites are meh. People spend too much of their time on them.
I do hate the people who feel the need to check facebook/myspace 37 times a day

Yes.

Also agreed. I have a sparse bare facebook page I maybe check once every 3 months, and I dont even have a myspace account.

I dont feel I need some massive social network to keep in touch with my "friends". No person has 500+ friends they keep in touch with on a regular basis. If those people really were my friends, I would hang out with them, or call them, or IM them or something. I dont need a website to do that.

And yes, people who check their facebook/myspace more than a couple times a day need help.

I hate it when people invite me to parties on facebook, but don't actually tell me about it. That's a good way to NOT have me come to your party. I check facebook maybe 4 times a year and ignore the emails most of the time.

It's basically MySpace but with annoying, totally random pictures.

What.

I'm very confused as to how you could find Facebook more annoying than MySpace. The entire interface is so much cleaner, and I don't have to listen to your crappy music when I visit your profile.

Injin, flamebaiting? Never.

I'm more like... candlebaiting.. or something.

But it's just that my old pals-turned-total-strangers just lost themselves to Facebook and MySpace. And you go into libraries, and like EVERYONE is logged into a social site. Socially networking online in a social environment. lol