MnP Round 128 - Spooktober Special!

TheVideoGamer

Welp, in realizing / considering the time restraints I've got now, I'll (unfortunately) have to backstep and go back to using BandLab for this one. I'll make sure it's an absolute banger, however.

Sorry for being so quiet over this venture. I had the past weeks be extremely busy. Between trying to fully memorize lines and lyrics for a show I'm in in December, and having to non-stop make song after song after song for Newgrounds' NGUAC and NGADM 2021--I had 0 time to learn Reaper or download plugins (was partially my fault as well, due to some forms of burn out.) Will be very busy this month too, but I do want to try and put something into this seeing as I was graciously allowed to pick a source with everyone else, etc.

I do have a question tho, seeing how some of the entries have been sounding thus far: how MnP are we being on this round? @TheVideoGamer - you said the rules were going to be lax for the most part, (cause of the sources and stuff). I'm just making sure before I go absolutely ape-shit with Concrete Cave, lol.

Edited by The Vodoú Queen
Also just submitted a song for NG's own Halloween Jam thing too... D: My brain's practically melted, now.

On 10/13/2021 at 7:02 PM, TheVideoGamer said:

All the standard MnP rules in regards to submission and remixing applies. For this round 2 of the rules have been relaxed, but only for this round, and it only applied to those who were selecting the sources. This being the 6th gen and earlier rule, and the big name franchise rule. THIS ROUND ONLY THOUGH, NEXT WEEK WILL BE REINFORCED AGAIN.

@The Vodoú Queen I reckon that answers your question. Good luck!

Decided to bow out.  I'm still in a weird funk I guess.  Good luck to the rest of you guys :tomatoface:

10 hours ago, HarlemHeat360 said:

Welp.... There went my hard drive and all my files. Dear lord

Holy fuck... I'm sorry that happened...I lost a lot of good remix projects too, usually not by HD failure but human error lmfao. 

I managed as well, FOR ONCE not being dead last or turning it in 3 minutes before it's due! :D

I'm also currently partially deaf in my right ear because of a pretty bad inner canal infection, so...mixing / mastering was fucking glorious to deal with the last several days, and I could barely focus for shit to compose it. xD Like Dr. Frankenstein, I had 0 clue how to cobble the stitched-together beast, but it's there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty chuffed with the result, anyways... ♥ Hope people enjoy it. :)

@HarlemHeat360 Super glad you managed to make it! :D ^_^

@HoboKa Sorry you can't turn in anything, hun. Like Weeks said, just take time for yourself and enjoy whatever everyone else cooked up, I suppose. ♥ I am defo feeling similarly, and burned out to hell, but sometimes I guess we just have to push ourselves through the bad storm. But sometimes as well, you just need to hunker down and drink a hot cuppa cocoa instead. xD ♥ ♥

On 11/1/2021 at 4:06 PM, The Vodoú Queen said:

Welp, in realizing / considering the time restraints I've got now, I'll (unfortunately) have to backstep and go back to using BandLab for this one. I'll make sure it's an absolute banger, however.

Sorry for being so quiet over this venture. I had the past weeks be extremely busy. Between trying to fully memorize lines and lyrics for a show I'm in in December, and having to non-stop make song after song after song for Newgrounds' NGUAC and NGADM 2021--I had 0 time to learn Reaper or download plugins (was partially my fault as well, due to some forms of burn out.) Will be very busy this month too, but I do want to try and put something into this seeing as I was graciously allowed to pick a source with everyone else, etc.

I do have a question tho, seeing how some of the entries have been sounding thus far: how MnP are we being on this round? @TheVideoGamer - you said the rules were going to be lax for the most part, (cause of the sources and stuff). I'm just making sure before I go absolutely ape-shit with Concrete Cave, lol.

There were only 2 rules that were going to be relaxed, and this was for the source submissions. (These rules being, the 6th gen rule, and the one franchise per year rule.) Now that everyone has picked their tunes, and it's all been remixed, this round is back to being enforced. The reason i relaxed it for this round, was because i wanted people not struggle when picking a spooky source, especially since you have an added restriction of following your work you picked. That's what made this whole round extra unique, because you end up picking sources you never would imagine, make it to the round, but because of the words people picked, it works well.

MnP general rules have always been in place, and unless there is a specific round that calls for it, 99.9% of the time, these will never change. It was really the source picking, which we all did in the group message i sent. Nothing else needs to be done. Of course i've sent this, after you've submitted, so this probably won't matter by now lol, but if another special round does happen in the near future, this is my explanation for it.

Edited by TheVideoGamer

On 11/4/2021 at 9:23 PM, HoboKa said:

Decided to bow out.  I'm still in a weird funk I guess.  Good luck to the rest of you guys :tomatoface:

Holy fuck... I'm sorry that happened...I lost a lot of good remix projects too, usually not by HD failure but human error lmfao. 

No worries, everything in regards to Compo is optional. Have a good one. Stay happy and healthy!

On 11/6/2021 at 8:54 PM, The Vodoú Queen said:

I managed as well, FOR ONCE not being dead last or turning it in 3 minutes before it's due! :D

I'm also currently partially deaf in my right ear because of a pretty bad inner canal infection, so...mixing / mastering was fucking glorious to deal with the last several days, and I could barely focus for shit to compose it. xD Like Dr. Frankenstein, I had 0 clue how to cobble the stitched-together beast, but it's there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty chuffed with the result, anyways... ♥ Hope people enjoy it. :)

Glad you submitted. Shame about your ear, i remember on one of my days where i had the sniffles (I seem to be on and off with these, i don't know why), i had a temporary deafness in one of my ears, and it sucked. I can relate. I'm glad people submit, that's what matters to me (Well that, and i hope everyone to have fun). Anyways, good luck to you!

On 11/7/2021 at 1:43 AM, studionimbus said:

Sad I didn’t get mine done in time, but I’ll still do my source later and share it with you all when I complete! I look forward to listening and voting!

No worries, i was a bit behind, so even i didn't get to submit. Let's be honest though, 8 entries is more than enough, so i don't see what value i would add anyways lol.