Announcement + The Future of OC ReMix

djpretzel

Wow, look at all these familiar faces showing up out of nowhere! Goes to show how much this website has been on everyone's thoughts over the years.

DJP, I've always enjoyed reading your long write-ups for each ReMix. They really show that you care about people's contributions to this place. You have always been very thoughtful. So, thanks not only for your hard work, but also for being so passionate in the process. Hopefully, as a listener and ReMixer, I was able to reciprocate well enough.

Joined a little late in the site's history. But glad I was able to experience a slice of OCR before YouTube and social media were a thing. Fond memories of waking up early in the morning to check for new posted ReMixes. I'd listen to everything that was on the front page. Not just from games I knew.

Oh, OCReMix... you'll always have a special place in my heart ❤️

You created something that has been part of my life for more than 20 years and I've interacted with OCR tracks more than any other music in my life. I'm glad your moving on to do what you heart is leading you to but I'll be forever grateful that you not only started this site, but then you led it to amazing heights and standards. Thanks for making such a positive and active part of the internet and video game culture.

I joined OCR's forums over 20 years ago at this point, after having been a listener for some time as well. It's hard to believe it's been two whole decades already.
The ups, the downs, the good, the bad, losing family members, nearly dying, getting married and discovering what it truly means to live... for over half of my entire existence on this planet OCR has been my life's soundtrack. Maybe there's a reason I wound up marrying a musician.

How do you even begin to put that into words? What can I possibly say that could begin to hold a candle to that, to encompass the joy and solace music provided for half a human life?

I guess all I can say is: Thank you, DJP. For everything.

OverClocked ReMix.jpg

Edited by Shadowe

As someone who has been lurking and enjoying the music on the site since I first stumbled on it in 2003 (and finally made an account in 2009), saving the music to my portable zip drive from the library computers that had internet access so I could save them to my PC that didn't have internet back then, I have to say the following:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart djpretzel, for all you have done, and I wish you well in your future endeavors.

Having found this awesome site in 2003, hard to believe its already been 20 years now.  Although, haven't no musical talent myself, and growing up loving video game music, to which most people thought I was just crazy, it was absolutely amazing to find there were not only those out there who also loved this music, but have taken the time to make all these really great remixes. 

So a huge thank you to djpretzel (and staff) who have made this place and the music something to enjoy over the years and for many many more to come.

Over the years, editing tons of videos, some even professionally, it has always been fun to use a song here from the site, to which I have used many.  Always love to introduce the place to someone who has never heard about it....(some of those people still exist)

-Jedimichael

I concur with all the thank yous to DJP.

OCR has been (and will continue to be) a big part of my musical journey. It got me out of my classical norm in 2002, and I am not sure I would be teaching music technology without its influence since then. Although life has kept me from contributing much, DJP and staff's work has helped me inspire kids outside the traditional band/orchestra/choir paradigm in the USA.

All the best, and I look forward to the future of OCR!

I could write a book on how legit OCR is, but I'll just say that I can recall countless fond memories and songs that I can't imagine growing up without for the over 20 years since I found this place. That's how you know what DJP built here is so special.  Nice to see some other former unmodders here as well, hah. But yeah, definitely always loyal to this place and the legacy it represents.  I'm glad it's in the very capable hands of DarkeSword 💪   But yeah, DJP is the man and crafted this gem since the internet was mostly just a fun a place to hang out, do what you want, and build what felt right in your soul. Much love.

dothedjp3nnsh8.gif

• 3 weeks later...