OCR04553 - Final Fantasy 4 & 9 "Salut Voisin!"

@Rhanti Salut Voisin! Moi aussi je suis du Québec!

Concerning the judges' review:

@prophetik music  I liked the piano.  I don't know if you're familiar with old "Chansonnier" music, like Jacques Brel, Joe Dassin, Georges Brassens etc, but the piano (or the music in general) in those pieces always had that frequency-squished, analog AM-radio-like feel so I thought what @colorado weeks did there was quite on purpose.  As for the vocal range, you have no idea my friend. I can't tell you how many times I had to redo so many of the parts, it was so low, I felt like I was croaking instead of singing.  

@Liontamer I agree about the ending and the lack of dynamic qualities. I'd 100% be game to re-do it is CW is game, see where we can take this.

@MindWanderer again, absolutely right about the range. If we were to redo this, I'd ask if it was possible to raise it maybe 2 semitones.  (Unless that's a big no-no on the remix world). I'm used to singing classic opera. I have a very powerful voice but my range is unfortunately limited on both ends. I'm a very light baritone, or a very heavy tenor, whatever floats :)  I can also croon like Frank Sinatra but this was my first experience as a "chansonnier" and singing so deep in the bass range was very challenging to me. 

@XPRTNovice I agree 100% that this can be taken further.  Again, it all depends if CW is game or if she's had enough of her crazy maple syrup neighbor :D

This was a hugely fun experience to me.  I sincerely hope I can collab with more talented OC Remixers again!!

Thank you for the opportunity!

Glad to see this one finally make the light of day. ...Well deserved.

@aeroprism @colorado weeks

I had expressed before in GSM1 how much I loved this song, and I'll reiterate it again here. Congrats to you both, esp. Seb, for becoming a new ReMixer. If y'all do revisit it (and hope so) would be lovely to hear the extra take.

GL. HF. Hugs all around. Nice work. ♡

Edited by The Vodoú Queen

• 1 month later...