MEETUP: Video Games Live, Washington, DC (6/29-6/30)

big giant circles

Put me down for any day as a definite. I'm looking forward to hopefully an even better experience than Philly! And hoping, against all hope, that they'll be playing something from LucasArts' The Dig by the time the tour gets around to DC.

EDIT: What seating are we going for, if we get tickets as a group?

Depends - we're all very loose about it all, and probably would chill before the concert too (including dinner). I probably won't be on any particular schedule so I could hang out as long as anyone else can.

That's cool. There are two reasons I ask:

1. I don't know if I'd have a place to stay, and I REALLY prefer not to pay for a hotel on top of food, transportation and ticket fees. But I do have a friend who lives in DC, so it may not be a problem.

2. I was wondering if there'd be an appropriate time for me to whip out my keyboard and laptop and get some personal help on configuring things just right. But if we were to meet at a restaurant and then go to the concert, such an opportunity might not present itself. I would have taken advantage of the skills of those present at MAGfest, but I was just meeting everyone (still am) and trying to get comfortable.

Why don't we just assume there will be 20 and buy the tickets now? It sounds like we'll be able to get a group of at least 20 between now and then.

well, my only problem with that is that whoever preorders the tickets needs to have the money first. that seems the only fair way to do it, that way there's not a chance of them getting shafted if they front the money themselves, and someone bails.

i think we seem to have enough people that we should go ahead and set a date to buy the tickets next week or so. or rather, set a date for everyone to send money to the DTB (designated ticket buyer).

I think we should go ahead and plan on the show for Friday, and the "meetup" portion for saturday. don't get me wrong, i'd love to hit it up twice in a row, but with respect for funding, reality, and any other related factors, i think it would make more sense to go officially as the group to one show.

I vote friday. thoughts?

We're going to target Friday as the "official" meetup date, but I may well go both days; I just shot an email off to Tommy about doing something like we did in Philly. As far as getting any sort of free or backstage passes, that's probably not doable, as they need all the ticket sales they can get given the rather high cost of renting an orchestra (in this case, the NSO!!), but hopefully there can be something "special" for OCR peeps in attendance.

Hopefully I'll hear back soon and we can make this official. Once we do, getting 20 people together for a group buy should be much easier... in fact, we may need to coordinate several group buys.

I just got off the phone with the group sales office.

Price for "prime" orchestra seats = $45 : Group = $42.12 after processing fee

Price for back orchestra seats = $35 : Group = $32.76 after processing fee

Price for center three sections of Tier 1 = $30 : Group = $28.08 after processing fee

Price for side sections of Tier 1 = $25 : Group = $23.40 after processing fee

Individual ticket sale processing fee = 9.9%

Group ticket sale processing fee = 4%

We're going to target Friday as the "official" meetup date, but I may well go both days; I just shot an email off to Tommy about doing something like we did in Philly. As far as getting any sort of free or backstage passes, that's probably not doable, as they need all the ticket sales they can get given the rather high cost of renting an orchestra (in this case, the NSO!!), but hopefully there can be something "special" for OCR peeps in attendance.

Hopefully I'll hear back soon and we can make this official. Once we do, getting 20 people together for a group buy should be much easier... in fact, we may need to coordinate several group buys.

dave, i don't suppose he could even just do a mid-show "shoutout" (and possibly a 30 second promotion) for OCR? that would be THE SHIT.

I just got off the phone with the group sales office.

Price for "prime" orchestra seats = $45 : Group = $42.12 after processing fee

Price for back orchestra seats = $35 : Group = $32.76 after processing fee

Price for center three sections of Tier 1 = $30 : Group = $28.08 after processing fee

Price for side sections of Tier 1 = $25 : Group = $23.40 after processing fee

Individual ticket sale processing fee = 9.9%

Group ticket sale processing fee = 4%

Wow, talk about stingy.

Wow, talk about stingy.

For real. Maybe someone could hook us up with a promo code? Also, Escariot said there's the possibility of getting a *student* discount.

At any rate, if I'm going through the trouble of making the trek, I've decided I'd prefer decent seats for $10-20 more. Since the *Prime Orchestra* and the *Premium Orchestra* seats are the same price ($43) I say we just go for one of those. I tend to favor the Premium, because it's a little farther back, so we'd have a broader view.

Thoughts?

Click below, and scroll down. If you mouse-over the section, it'll show you the view of the stage you'll have. Cool stuff.

http://www.kennedy-center.org/seatselection/price_zone.jsp

For real. Maybe someone could hook us up with a promo code? Also, Escariot said there's the possibility of getting a *student* discount.

Something close to 20% I believe... If we are a student group... I was on the phone, walking home, and writing on a piece of paper...

All I have recorded is $24.96 and $20.80 for the last two..> *summons Bahamut to figure out the % discount and the prices of the others*

Something close to 20% I believe... If we are a student group... I was on the phone, walking home, and writing on a piece of paper...

All I have recorded is $24.96 and $20.80 for the last two..> *summons Bahamut to figure out the % discount and the prices of the others*

We're all students in the school of life... One does wonder if that would stack with a group discount, though.

I thought Bahamut did Mega Flare, har har.

As for seating, that is a bit of a pickle. Brass sounds better from afar, strings better closer. What section does the concert favor? For that matter, do they just mic everything? I imagine that there won't be too much trouble any way we decide to go since we'll be in the freaking Kennedy Center, which probably has great acoustics everywhere in house. All that having been said, I'm with BGR for the Premium seats, especially since the show will have video and what not.

Also, a shout-out would be shittacular, if unlikely.