Pokémon Diamond/Pearl *FRIEND CODES IN CLANOCR THREAD*

The Damned

I got the turtwig as my starter...just cause it's oddly appealing to me, the penguine is nice but the turtle won out...the chimchar doesn't really do it for me though.

Someone mentioned they're stuck with a bidoof, theres 2 other pokemon around the begginng that don't show up as often as the bidoof and starly that are aren't normal types. Just keep wondering around. :P

The music kindof bugs me a bit so far, but I'll get over it, it might grow on me later.

Oh yeah, my friend code is...3823 4992 4310

I guess send a PM if you added me so I can add you back.

So this game uses the "effort value" system too? I missed it in silver/gold but a guy I know told me about it and it definitely helps building much better Pokemon 0_0

I'd like to get to it early on in the game so I don't ruin my starter(s).

I really loved Gold/Silver the best and I'm afraid that these new games are too much like the GBA ones (though okay games, I never felt like I got the same quality experience I had in Gold)

But since I will get the Wii pokemon game, owning one of these is essential right?

As much as I totally dig you guys enjoying this game and talking about it, I would love to see this conversation taking place in the clanocr thread. There was a reason we were trying to revive it, and this game was supposed to be it's saving grace.

So, if it is cool, please carry it on there, OR if a mod finds it appropriate, please merge the threads.

reiteration...

Someone mentioned they're stuck with a bidoof, theres 2 other pokemon around the begginng that don't show up as often as the bidoof and starly that are aren't normal types. Just keep wondering around. :P

Yeah, I haven't got to the city with the first gym yet and I got a Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp (lol!), and Shinx...I did see an Abra before but I couldn't catch it.

I must've missed the rod... Oh well, Magikarps are useless anyway. Currently, my team is Prinplup, Budew, Luxio, Kadabra, and Machop. Geodude fills in the 6th spot for Rock Smashing. I'm having way more fun with this one than I did with Emerald. I mean, at least I'm not constantly fighting beavers and blackbirds, whereas Emerald was nothing but fights against racoons and hyenas.

I should probably read the manual to learn about things like effort points...

Heh, my first catch was Starly and 25 levels later it's now my best pokemon.

Anyway, looks like you can voice chat in battles. I mock-battled Spleen just now (not using my main team, as they were too powerful) and the system worked very nice.

I think we'll have some lively battles over wi-fi. Looking forward to it.

So does anyone know anything about what I said in the beginning of this thread? My friend at work usually is on top of everything game related, and he mentioned something about a promotional thing for Pearl/Diamond. He said if you go online today, you'll get a special pokemon. I guess it'd work similar to animal crossing. I haven't heard about this on any blog site or anything, so I guess it isn't true?

dang, pokemon has gotten complecated since '95 (I haven't played any since the original red version). Can someone fill me in on this stuff about natures and breeding and EV points? I'm only about 20 minutes in, so I can easily start over. I wanna make sure my starter can compete with others online (I picked the Penguin and named it Woober).