Sign in to follow this  
The Damned

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl *FRIEND CODES IN CLANOCR THREAD*

Are you using Everstones? They increase the chance of the nature of the parent pokemon holding it being transferred to the offspring.

Ah. So what I really need is any female Pokemon of the type I want, and then a male that can breed with it that has the nature I want. Give the male the Everstone, and I'll increase my odds. That about right?

Pretty much. I haven't really bothered with using Everstones much, since I managed to luck out a lot in the GBA games, and get pretty good IVs and natures I liked.

Fuckin' event pokemon. :/ They remind me of those damn Mario items in Animal Crossing WW. I ended up getting the whole set + Pikmin + Blue Falcon from someone who hacked with an Action Replay.

Regarding the event pokemon, I'd like to get the items that make them accessible, even if they're hacked, so I can catch them legitimately.

I'd trade you the items, but they are key items and therefore are untrade-able.

I got those pokemon last night. Pretty cool stuff. I only have about 4 plates for Arceus though, so I need to track down the rest.

I'd trade you the items, but they are key items and therefore are untrade-able.

I got those pokemon last night. Pretty cool stuff. I only have about 4 plates for Arceus though, so I need to track down the rest.

Those plates are fucking everywhere. You find them on the ground on most routes, and you can dig up a small fortune of them in the Underground.

Any of you have a female Chimchar? I've bred twenty of them already, and they've all been male thus far, despite the 1/8 probability.

Math must hate me... there's not even a 10% chance of that happening, but guess what. It did. :(

Anyway, I'd be glad to make some sort of trade. I have access to LeafGreen/FireRed if anyone needs any of the first 150. IM me at CornerianGuard.

Math must hate me... there's not even a 10% chance of that happening, but guess what. It did. :(

I promise you, a lot of the probabilities listed for some of the game mechanics aren't always true to experience. I know I saw about 20 male Combees before I finally got a female one......I know Everstones can help you get a nature you want through breeding (provided the holder has that nature), but I dont know if any such thing exists for gender.

I promise you, a lot of the probabilities listed for some of the game mechanics aren't always true to experience. I know I saw about 20 male Combees before I finally got a female one......I know Everstones can help you get a nature you want through breeding (provided the holder has that nature), but I dont know if any such thing exists for gender.

Well, one finally popped up, eventually.

Now, I'm about at the point where I'm going to start EV training the team I want to compete with. 'Don't suppose anyone wants to share the Pokérus with me?

You guys have to understand that when they say there's a 12.5% chance of a female, they doesn't mean that you will get one 12.5% of the time.

For each time you try for a female, you have only 1 12.5% chance. And the next time, you still only have a 12.5% chance. Carry this on for two hundred times, and you still might only get one or two females.

And the game mechanics are true and accurate. It's just that since there's a lot of stuff going on at any one time. In fact, I was reading a thread on Smogon.com where someone had detailed the random number generation system. It was a little too mathy for me, but it was still an interesting read. I'll have to look it up for a link, and then you can see what I mean.

You guys have to understand that when they say there's a 12.5% chance of a female, they doesn't mean that you will get one 12.5% of the time.

For each time you try for a female, you have only 1 12.5% chance. And the next time, you still only have a 12.5% chance. Carry this on for two hundred times, and you still might only get one or two females.

Heh. I understand that too well, actually. (Math is my major.)

However, the chances of getting 20 males and not a single female when there's a probability of 12.5% of getting a female every time you breed, is roughly 7%. Of course, that's before you start. Once I hit 19 males, there was an 87.5% chance the 20th would be male as well.

I just got my diamond about two weeks ago. I have three badges and I have absolutely no clue where to go. No, seriously...

***Kinda need some help...***

Edit: Veilstone is as far as I got. One of the roads nearby is blocked by a mob of Psyducks.

Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com Gamefaqs.com

I just got my diamond about two weeks ago. I have three badges and I have absolutely no clue where to go. No, seriously...

***Kinda need some help...***

Edit: Veilstone is as far as I got. One of the roads nearby is blocked by a mob of Psyducks.

The Psyducks won't be cleared out for a while.

You're looking for Gym Leader Crasher Wake. I believe he's in the town in the middle-south area of the map.

Gamefaqs is your best bet for more detailed help, though.

The Psyducks won't be cleared out for a while.

You're looking for Gym Leader Crasher Wake. I believe he's in the town in the middle-south area of the map.

Gamefaqs is your best bet for more detailed help, though.

That's all that I needed to know. Thanks a lot. I wasn't sure if I needed to backtrack someplace for some nameless item that has to do with those Psyducks. I just wasn't sure and I needed just a quick-reference as to are they important right now.

Ok, someone tell me the max/min power of moves such as Grass Knot, natural gift, and Gyro Ball!

I know Return/Frustration has a max of 102...

Again, Gamefaqs. Really, in the time it would take you to wait, you could have just gone there, looked it up, and found out for yourself. I'm not trying to be a dick here, but it's just easier and quicker.

It's official. GameFaqs doesn't know.

I assume you don't, either?

Your best bet would be research threads on the big fansites. Try the Smogon or Serebii forums. They tend to be good about this sort of thing.

Ahh, I wish I was in Japan right now.

Darkrai being given away at theatres with Spacial Rend and Roar of Time? Awesome.

I'm hoping that they will start with the Nintendo/Pokémon events here in the US soon.

They damn well better. I'm not driving eight hours to the nearest US Toys R Us store again.

Although, I did score all those Mews, so it wasn't too bad. And that one guy who didn't believe I was from Canada kept asking me what it's like there. "Is it really that cold?" "Is it true that weed is legal there?" "Do you actually have the government pay for hospital bills?"

Fucking good times, man...