The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Jon the EuroNerd, welcome. OCR is essentially the FL Studio supah club so you're in the right place. I hope to see Jon the EuroNerd on my radar because ever since JonTron, I like everyone named Jon. Thank your mother.

I'll see you around, Jon the EuroNerd! Say hi to Bleck when you get the chance too. If you don't, you won't understand the 'crying sticks of butter' meme that we regard as a pillar of our community.

Now now, he's new here, don't mislead the poor guy.

Hehe, that was funny, and yes, I know my way around, just not on how to use FL Studio, especially in making Eurobeat-like songs. :razz:

Well literally my first encounter when I joined was with Bleck so it's essentially a rite of passage. It made me the man I am today.

Jon the EuroNerd I'm sorry for the digression. It's the humidity today..

'tis fine. :razz:

Edited by Jon the EuroNerd

I'm Kevin Reay. I go by quite a few names on the Internet, this one being just one of them. I'm a suburban transplant who currently lives out in the Land of Really Bad Internet Connections for Top-Dollar, otherwise known as any area outside of the Québec City-Windsor corridor in Ontario, though specifically a township known as Stirling-Rawdon. Canadian Internet sucks. Be warned, you may see me rant about Bell Canada a lot.

As for music things, like so many others here, I happen to use FL Studio. My plugins include V-Station, Synth1, and other such pieces of awesome.

So yeah, uh, hi, I guess.

It's good to meet all of you! Have anyone done any good remixes lately? (regardless of submission, acceptance, or rejection)

I've only done one game remix so far. I submitted it back in Nov. '12, but I don't believe anyone heard it. I will do some more for fun, but I'd like to try something much different than the usual games that get remixed. However, Sonic, MegaMan, and the Street Fighter series are always fun too. I may take a gander at some of the music from Street Fighter 2010 (NES). It was a pretty cool game back in the day!

Hello everyone! My name's Andrew Favor (Favor on these forums). I've been lurking around on here for a few years and been downloading remixes from the site for quite a while, but I've never actually gotten involved in the forums or posted anything.

I'm very much a lover of video game soundtracks (I have my itunes library full of selections from different games). Some of my favorite soundtracks come from the pokemon, metroid, and kirby series.

Recently, I've been inspired to try my hand at remixing some of my favorite tracks, but I have no experience with composing and producing music on my computer. If anyone has any advice for what programs to use, tutorials, ect., please speak up. I am looking to remix this source

, among a few others. I do have some musical experience, as I was in a concert band class during my 7th-12th grade years of school (I'm able to play the clarinet somewhat well).

tl;dr, Hi, I'm looking to start remixing and have no idea where to begin. Halp!

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and I hope to become part of this community :)!!

Oh herro!

I have a remix approved here, and I've been waiting a while for it to get uploaded. So in the meantime, I thought I'd introduce myself here and listen to as many remixes as possible! My brother and I make up the band, but I'll be more active here.

If anyone wants to hear our Majora's Mask submission before it gets uploaded, here's the link:

https://soundcloud.com/bluestreaks/eclipse-apocalypse

So nice to "meet" you all!

Edited by bluestreaks

Hey everybody! Neifion here.

For as long as I can remember, I've loved video game music. Unfortunately, most of my friends growing up thought that was weird ("video game music?? What's that??") It's freaking awesome that there's a huge community of "my people"! Like many of you other newbies, I've been listening to music here for a long time (ever since Kong in Concert back in '04). After spending the last few years improving my skills, I'm finally looking forward to submitting my first remix!

Good to meet you all and looking forward to an endless supply of amazing music for years to come.

Oh, and I use Cubase Artist and mostly EastWest Quantum Leap stuff for my samples.

Hello, this is [sUBJECT NAME HERE]!

After making my own music for 15 years and loving video game music even longer, I've finally joined this wonderful site. A Big Giant Thanks to the awesome Big Giant Circles and zircon for leading me here (and for their music of course)!

Contrary to the usual VGM history encountered here, my first love came as late as the PlayStation 1 era, with CoLD SToRAGE's soundtrack contribution to Wipeout 2097/XL. Aside from that, I'm a PC gamer, so my most-loved soundtracks are of PC games. My favorites include C&C Red Alert, Machinarium, Shatter, Total Annihilation and inMomentum, to name a few.

Being mostly into racing and puzzle games on PC, I've never played even one of the current Top 5 remixed games here (and only two of the Top 30). My knowledge of their soundtracks is therefore very limited, so I intend to widen the spectrum a little and remix some less-featured games. My platform of choice is Reason, so far with factory sounds and synths only. I'm open to ReFill/Rack extension recommendations. :smile:

My first video game music remix project is Gothic 3's "Vista Point", done in melodic breakbeat style. Unfortunately the 2006 release puts me out of the PCReMix Initiative's focus, but nevertheless the PC section could use a few more entries in my opinion.

So, this is exciting! I shall delve into the forums!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there friends; I've been listening to OCR for nearly 10 years now, and I'm finally into making music of my own. I'm still a beginner learning the basics of stuff like Fruity Loops and my grasp on composition and performance is shaky. But I've loved games and the remixes that come out of this site for so long, I wanted to finally dip my feet in and participate somehow. After writing a short song for as part of a wedding gift to a friend, I thought I'd try and find some music I liked, and see what I could do about arranging it.

I'm looking forward to being an active part of this community after being a passive one for a long time :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. The names Miggz. I am a huge video game nerd and I love to compose my own original music. However I found out about 3 years ago that one of my biggest passions is to cover video game music. So I am now ready to show all of you what I can do.

Most of my music is from a lot of organic recordings. Not too much synth, but just enough to get by on what needs to be done. I'm sure all of you will enjoy what I have to bring to the table.

If you would Like to be friends on Facespace (Facebook)then here is a link for you to go to.

https://www.facebook.com/MIGGZ5?ref=tn_tnmn

I am always happy to collab with anybody here. I am free willing to work with everybody on any kind of music so long as my abilities let me do so. I hope to be friends with you all.

Hi, I'm Karma. Nice to meet you. I'm an LPer and a fan of chiptunes, speedcore and generally rave type music. So far I've only done some very simple re-arrangements along with "nightcoring" existing songs for my own personal enjoyment, but I figured someone else might enjoy some of the stuff i've created, so here I am. I'm excited to learn more about digital music editing in general from the forums.

Welcome, every one of you guys! I know this thread has kind of been a bit dry, but I do hope you enjoy your stay here at OCR.

If you've been looking around I'm sure you've noticed the workshop forums, which is a great place to put up works in progress as well as discuss anything related to music production. Then of course there's the general forums for anything really not-music-production-related but still related to this site (as well as off-topic, which should be self-explanatory). Then there's the comments and review section, which deals with comments on posted remixes and OCR projects, as well as the Judges Decisions.

For those of you interested in a)working on your own original music or remixes, or B) wanting to listen to people's works-in-progress, a good place to start would be the workshop forums.

So, without further ado, welcome to OverClocked ReMix!

Edited by Anorax

Welcome, every one of you guys! I know this thread has kind of been a bit dry, but I do hope you enjoy your stay here at OCR.

If you've been looking around I'm sure you've noticed the workshop forums, which is a great place to put up works in progress as well as discuss anything related to music production. Then of course there's the general forums for anything really not-music-production-related but still related to this site (as well as off-topic, which should be self-explanatory). Then there's the comments and review section, which deals with comments on posted remixes and OCR projects, as well as the Judges Decisions.

For those of you interested in a)working on your own original music or remixes, or B) wanting to listen to people's works-in-progress, a good place to start would be the workshop forums.

So, without further adieu, welcome to OverClocked ReMix!

The expression is "without further ado." "Adieu" means farewell.