The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Newcomer ahoy! About time I joined this place too...

In any case, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jeffrey! I go by the handle VizardJeffhog on most sites. I'm one of the guys who help keep The Sonic Stadium running, and have been in that position since March 2012. I also help run Sonic Wrecks.

As for my background, I've been a pianist my whole life. I hope to expand electronically like many people have done, but I don't have the time, patience, or money for it at the moment...

However, that doesn't mean I don't put my talents to good use!

I've loved video game music my whole life. It wasn't until flashygoodness came along that I became inspired to arrange tunes on my keyboard.

On TSS, I've proposed the idea of a community music album, which some of you here may have gotten wind of. The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2011 is the first of its kind as a community project, and is the first of a now yearly series of albums.

I've also contributed to the Sonic Paradox Remix Shorts.

My YouTube channel is where I tend to upload my work first and foremost, by the by.

I hope to contribute my songs here at OverClocked, and to also gain some experience from this website.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Welcome to OCR! Also don't forget If you do have any ideas for a remix you can always post it on the ReMix requests board, you might be able to get someone to make a remix based on your ideas!

I actually have a large project in mind but I'm not a good director, or at least I don't think I'd be. Do you think I should just...throw my idea out there? I'm working offsite with a fellow friend of mine to come up with a definitive idea and then we were both going to pitch it. Haha, I couldn't find my post for awhile, so I apologize for the stalled response.

Hey everyone! I've been a long time listener, and just became a member! I really love the redone video game music everyone does, I've dabbled in it some myself, but I don't really get too far, I keep getting caught up in which programs to use and such. So I decided to join, hoping that I can learn something from the forums! For games my top favorites have to be Chrono Trigger, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, and Xeno Gears. I really want to learn how to spruce up older tracks, and how to remix them. Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

G'day All! My name is Steven.

As my username suggests, I'm an (admittedly Amateur) Euphist (Euphoniumist? Euphophonist?) I've been playing brass instruments for a good 15 years now, starting on Baritone Horn and later moving up to Euphonium, which I've been playing for 9 years now.

I've been listening to remixes for about a year or so now and I'm constantly amazed by the music that you guys release. I particularly love the remix albums, with NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming and Chrono Symphonic being my personal favorites (so far!)

Good evening everybody ^_^

I've been meaning to write a post here for a while, but I'm notoriously terrible when it comes to posting on forums (even my own!), so yeah...belated hi's from me.

My name's Gav, and I'm a Brit. Sorry about that. I've been a fan of OC ReMix for...quite a while. I can't remember exactly when, I do remember Bomberfuzz & Gothic Sandy being two of the first ones I downloaded. Not even sure if they were newly released at the time!

I'm a huge SEGA fan, as I'm sure the avatar and sig should attest to, and I have my own little spot on the Internet over at RadioSEGA. Won't poist a link in case it's naughty, but it's easy enough to find. We've supported the Sonic/SEGA remixes and remix albums that you guys have released for a while now, especially the Sonic Zone Remix Comp from earlier on in the year. That was cool.

Anywho, I will try and post around a bit & not lurk. Be nice to get to know some of you ^_^

Thanks for reading!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm Calvin. I've been frequenting OCR since about 2002, all the way back when I was in middle school. I have fond memories of listening to remixes on the school bus. Great way to tune out all the noise. It's astounding how rowdy kids can be at 7 in the morning.

My interest in music carried on into college, where I majored in composition. I'm applying to graduate programs at USC and UCLA right now, but my ambition is not in concert music, as much as I love it. My passion is in game music, and it always has been. Coupling music with such an interactive, non-linear form of entertainment just opens up so many possibilities.

I've lurked around as a non-member and read the forums pretty avidly. Now I think it's high time I actually started participating in the community! Joining all the remixers here in the forums is sure to be exciting, and hey, maybe I'll even get posted someday :)

giant welcome post inbound...

Long time fan of the music here, ever since I found out about relics of the chozo. Figured since I've graduated from school and might finally have some free time on my hands I'd try and contribute something to the site.

I mainly play guitar (acoustic, electric, bass; all sorts of styles) and sing (baritone/tenor range), but I also dabble in electronic stuff (mostly to add "atmosphere" to guitar-driven music).

My favorite video game music is mostly from the SNES/n64 era (a.k.a my childhood), especially:

zelda (lttp,oot)

donkey kong (country/64)

super metroid

final fantasy(2,3 or 4,6 depending on your perspective)

chrono trigger

mega man x,x2,x3

earthbound (hence the name :mrgreen:)

actraiser

but I enjoy arranging all types of stuff for guitar/vox so even if I've never heard the music before I'd like to help (who knows, I might discover a new game I've missed out on)

Ah, Donkey Kong Country. Now that game was the shit.

Welcome to OCR, we're glad to have you on board! If you're ever wanting to look for some critique for any music you're working on, don't hesitate to head on over to the Workshop forums! You can also find projects looking for recruits or anyone wanting to collaborate with people in there as well!

Newcomer ahoy! About time I joined this place too...

In any case, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jeffrey! I go by the handle VizardJeffhog on most sites. I'm one of the guys who help keep The Sonic Stadium running, and have been in that position since March 2012. I also help run Sonic Wrecks.

As for my background, I've been a pianist my whole life. I hope to expand electronically like many people have done, but I don't have the time, patience, or money for it at the moment...

However, that doesn't mean I don't put my talents to good use!

I've loved video game music my whole life. It wasn't until flashygoodness came along that I became inspired to arrange tunes on my keyboard.

On TSS, I've proposed the idea of a community music album, which some of you here may have gotten wind of. The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2011 is the first of its kind as a community project, and is the first of a now yearly series of albums.

I've also contributed to the Sonic Paradox Remix Shorts.

My YouTube channel is where I tend to upload my work first and foremost, by the by.

I hope to contribute my songs here at OverClocked, and to also gain some experience from this website.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Wow, quite the list of amazing stuff you've had a hand in. It's nice to meet you as well! As I told NARH above, don't hesitate to visit the Workshop forums if you ever need critiques or if you have any questions regarding music!

Hey everyone! I've been a long time listener, and just became a member! I really love the redone video game music everyone does, I've dabbled in it some myself, but I don't really get too far, I keep getting caught up in which programs to use and such. So I decided to join, hoping that I can learn something from the forums! For games my top favorites have to be Chrono Trigger, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, and Xeno Gears. I really want to learn how to spruce up older tracks, and how to remix them. Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Kingdom Hearts was such a good game, I really need to pull it out sometime and play it again. Also, Hi!

G'day All! My name is Steven.

As my username suggests, I'm an (admittedly Amateur) Euphist (Euphoniumist? Euphophonist?) I've been playing brass instruments for a good 15 years now, starting on Baritone Horn and later moving up to Euphonium, which I've been playing for 9 years now.

I've been listening to remixes for about a year or so now and I'm constantly amazed by the music that you guys release. I particularly love the remix albums, with NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming and Chrono Symphonic being my personal favorites (so far!)

Euphophonist? Euphonist? Hmm, not sure on that one (euphonist seems right to me, but hey, I'm a percussionist. I wouldn't really know). And yes, the albums here on OCR are absolutely amazing. In fact, I think I'll have to see which ones I don't already have and go ahead and download those.

Good evening everybody ^_^

I've been meaning to write a post here for a while, but I'm notoriously terrible when it comes to posting on forums (even my own!), so yeah...belated hi's from me.

My name's Gav, and I'm a Brit. Sorry about that.

whoa, stop right there. There's nothing wrong with being British. Now that that's said, carry on.
I've been a fan of OC ReMix for...quite a while. I can't remember exactly when, I do remember Bomberfuzz & Gothic Sandy being two of the first ones I downloaded. Not even sure if they were newly released at the time!

I'm a huge SEGA fan, as I'm sure the avatar and sig should attest to, and I have my own little spot on the Internet over at RadioSEGA. Won't poist a link in case it's naughty, but it's easy enough to find. We've supported the Sonic/SEGA remixes and remix albums that you guys have released for a while now, especially the Sonic Zone Remix Comp from earlier on in the year. That was cool.

Anywho, I will try and post around a bit & not lurk. Be nice to get to know some of you ^_^

Thanks for reading!

It's nice to have you here Gavvie! Welcome aboard, mate!

Hey all! I'm Calvin. I've been frequenting OCR since about 2002, all the way back when I was in middle school. I have fond memories of listening to remixes on the school bus. Great way to tune out all the noise. It's astounding how rowdy kids can be at 7 in the morning.

My interest in music carried on into college, where I majored in composition. I'm applying to graduate programs at USC and UCLA right now, but my ambition is not in concert music, as much as I love it. My passion is in game music, and it always has been. Coupling music with such an interactive, non-linear form of entertainment just opens up so many possibilities.

I've lurked around as a non-member and read the forums pretty avidly. Now I think it's high time I actually started participating in the community! Joining all the remixers here in the forums is sure to be exciting, and hey, maybe I'll even get posted someday :)

Why, hello!

I've already said this more than once, but it's nice to have you here! If you're working on any music and you need any critique, don't be afraid to put it up in the Workshop forums!

And yes, OCR is a great distraction from the middle school noise. I can attest that this works in high school as well ;-)

Again, welcome to all of you! come on in and stay a while!

Hello everyone! I am a very long time listener and I just recently joined OCRemix. I a wanted to join to be a part of the community and to possibly one day contribute. I am a programmer, musician and lover of music, life and videogames! I hope you will check out my soundcloud page. (I hope linking there is allowed here) All of the pieces there are original except for my latest track, which is a videogame cover. I recommend listeining to a few tracks as I have a varied style ;). Thank you. I am very excited to be a part of this community!

Heyy everyone! My name should be visible right above me so I'm not gonna say that I am YuriTajento :razz: I'm a 20 year old guy from the Netherlands and I've been lurking around a little bit before registering. Big fan of video game music (overall I prefer lyricless music, like most soundtracks, over music with lyrics) and it's likely that the music is part of my love for these video games:

-Kingdom Hearts

-Pokémon

-Professor Layton

-Patapon

-Epic Mickey

-Henry Hatsworth

-Rhythm Paradise

-Rayman

"But what the heck are you doing here, you nutjob?" Glad you asked :< Well, I wish to improve my (almost non-existent) music-producing skills and try to make remixes of aforementioned games. I have so far worked with Anvil Studio (and Mario Paint Composer... kind of :-P), but AS was pretty limited and at the same time challenging for me to get the hang of. I might get something like Cubase pretty soon, but I'm not sure if it's the right program for me yet. (I am also not too good with computers)

I do have some musical skills though. I have played flute, drums, guitar and even marimba in the school band, but most of that was a long time ago. I have just started with keyboard lessons but the first lesson proved that I got the hang of the basics... I also was able to play "Father Jacob" on the climbing frame when I was six without any music lessons. Truly, a prodigy was born... and a modest one at that :-P

Anyways, my final goal in... life, I guess, is to create music for movies and video games. I will try to get into an art school next year, but then I have to practice. So... here I am.

Sorry for this messy mess of an introduction :puppyeyes:

PS: When I click on this thread in the menu, it opens on the very last page, instead of on the very first (the one from Mahaboo). Is that supposed to happen? It's kinda weird.

Heyy everyone! My name should be visible right above me so I'm not gonna say that I am YuriTajento :razz: I'm a 20 year old guy from the Netherlands and I've been lurking around a little bit before registering. Big fan of video game music (overall I prefer lyricless music, like most soundtracks, over music with lyrics) and it's likely that the music is part of my love for these video games:

-Kingdom Hearts

-Pokémon

-Professor Layton

-Patapon

-Epic Mickey

-Henry Hatsworth

-Rhythm Paradise

-Rayman

"But what the heck are you doing here, you nutjob?" Glad you asked :< Well, I wish to improve my (almost non-existent) music-producing skills and try to make remixes of aforementioned games. I have so far worked with Anvil Studio (and Mario Paint Composer... kind of :-P), but AS was pretty limited and at the same time challenging for me to get the hang of. I might get something like Cubase pretty soon, but I'm not sure if it's the right program for me yet. (I am also not too good with computers)

I do have some musical skills though. I have played flute, drums, guitar and even marimba in the school band, but most of that was a long time ago. I have just started with keyboard lessons but the first lesson proved that I got the hang of the basics... I also was able to play "Father Jacob" on the climbing frame when I was six without any music lessons. Truly, a prodigy was born... and a modest one at that :-P

Anyways, my final goal in... life, I guess, is to create music for movies and video games. I will try to get into an art school next year, but then I have to practice. So... here I am.

Sorry for this messy mess of an introduction :puppyeyes:

PS: When I click on this thread in the menu, it opens on the very last page, instead of on the very first (the one from Mahaboo). Is that supposed to happen? It's kinda weird.

Welcome! That's a mighty nice list of games there - Pokemon is a personal favorite of mine.

As for your view issue, go to User CP in the top left, then scroll to thread display options. You should be able to change your view at your discretion.

Hope you enjoy OCR!

For some reason I like it that way. Don't ask me why, but I've never found it to be an issue.

However that probably has to do with the fact that OCR was the first forum I ever signed in to, so that might explain some of it.

Welcome! That's a mighty nice list of games there - Pokemon is a personal favorite of mine.

As for your view issue, go to User CP in the top left, then scroll to thread display options. You should be able to change your view at your discretion.

Hope you enjoy OCR!

Thanks a lot, that worked :D

Glad you like my faves :-P

For some reason I like it that way. Don't ask me why, but I've never found it to be an issue.

However that probably has to do with the fact that OCR was the first forum I ever signed in to, so that might explain some of it.

Yea, that may be it... I guess I just wanna see right away what exactly the thread is about.

By the way, are badass nicknames required for this forum? Judging by yours, I would say yes :<

Hihi! I've been poked into joining, I daresay, but I have a <3 for music and enjoy learning and playing piano pieces from videogames. My audition piece into my current college (which I'm graduating from at the end of this year!) was Close To Home from Uncharted Waters II by Yoko Kanno (<3!!)

With my current limitations of a Mac platform, I haven't got my gaming on much. BUT:

- WoW. I was doing the Draenei Female DPS Pally thing before the game got boring and I waved my uber-plated Draenei baibai. :(

- MapleStory was my very first MMO at the tender age of 14. I remember enjoying figuring out the login screen music because it was so pweety :D

- Horror games held my fascination, but I can never play them because of the heart attacks. The Fatal Frame series would always hold a special place in my heart in a love/hate kind of way.8O

- Peers who have played L4D and L4D2 with me are surprised I recognize the oncoming specials by their musical cue.

Tools of the Trade:

- Pro Tools

- Logic Pro

- Reason (sometimes)

- Piano (I had a grade 8 in the electronic organ and ABRSM Theory Grade 5, if it counts)/ the 61-key novation controller that's dusting somewhere in my apartment o.o

Why am I here? While I've dabbled in music recording and production, I really would love to work in the videogame industry. I've hardly dabbled in sound design/remixing, and I think the stuff I have found on OCRemix would be fun as a stepping stone. Have I listened to much OCRemix stuff? Admittedly nope :oops: . But I want to get involved, get that music-making on and get busy! :D Yoroshiku!

-ddM

Good evening lads and lasses, come sit on uncle Adge's knee for a while. Get comfortable, 'cause I feel a gurt ol' post coming on...

So, to introduce myself... I'm a college student living in a small town in rural England. I'll be hitting the age of 19 in a couple weeks, which is good, 'cause I will have a legitimate reason for hitting the town on that day other than "'Cause it's the weekend...".

One of the courses I'm taking at the moment is music technology. And I love it. I hopefully will be taking a degree in music/audio technology next year, and at some point I will hopefully work in the industry at some level or capacity.

Talking about things I love, I'm very much into gaming, which would surprise nobody considering the nature of this website. I grew up with the SEGA Megadrive (Genesis across the atlantic), N64 and Gameboy as a kid and have progressed as a gamer through the generations, with myself currently owning a 360 and shortly will be on the PC gaming scene, which is as much of a relief to my mates as it is to myself (since they shall not hear any more moaning about how laggy my Minecraft is on my poor old laptop).

In terms of music, I am adept at using CuBase as a music software, with me learning more and more about it from each subsequent college visit. I'm also learning the intriciticities of recording instruments day by day, but I don't intend to do any recording at home any time soon (...but that's why the collab subforum is there, right?). In terms of instruments, I can only play basic keyboard, which I'm sure many of you know is sufficient enough in music production.

My musical influences derive mainly from Massive Attack/Tricky-esque trip-hop (I actually live about an hour south from Bristol, the home of trip-hop, and I go there quite a lot and intend to study there next year. You know, for that degree I mentioned earlier? But I digress...) whilst also incorporating some Kraftwerk electronica in the mix and some cheesy synth-pop sounds. My musical influences actually differ substantially from my musical tastes, which is mostly alternative rock, like Kasabian, Kaiser chiefs, Oasis/Beady Eye/Noel Galagher's High-Flying Birds, The Stone Roses and even some of The Who, The Rolling Stones and The Kinks... plus a bit of ska/two-tone in the form of The Specials, Madness and Bad Manners (Wow, I want to incorporate more ska in my work now I've mentioned it) and some Massive Attack and, of course, some OverClocked ReMixes :)

"So Adge, what brings you to OCRemix, you sexy devil-of-a-man!" I hear absolutely nobody say because nobody ever speaks like that to anyone. (Except my parents to eachother, but less about that...) Plus this is a forum where we communicate via typed out words. But I'll give the benefit of a doubt that you would actually ask that question in that manner should we be talking in some type of high-class jazzy establishment. So I'll answer you anyway (and regardless I want to talk about this stuff in the first place!).

I come to OCR in order to get involved. Give and receive feedback, become part of a community, and most importantly of all, to hone my craft. In a couple of weeks I'll be getting a brand-spankin' new computer, a midi keyboard, ableton live software and a lovely pair of Sennheiser cans (About the same time I hit 19, theres no coincidence there...) and I intend to make some original music. It just makes sense to me to share my creations with you clever buggers so I can better improve myself in the practicalities of music production. Plus, creating a ReMix to the specifications that OCR adhere to gives me a solid aim to reach for when creating music whilst simultainiousy contributing to OCR's aim compiling high-quality remixes to celebrate VGM as a medium. Oh, and helping others is a pretty cool thing to do aswell!

Blimey, that took a awhile. You were paying attention, yes? I'll shall be taken quizzes later. Now run along kiddies, Uncle Adge needs a lie down...

Hello.

My name is Marc, I'm 26 years old from a city in the north of England called Leeds. Long time listener/lurker.

I've been a guitar player for about a decade now, teaching privately for about half of it. Spent a couple of years studying popular music at college, focusing on the performance side of things. Currently teaching a couple of times a week for a small, local not for profit company where I live, hoping to get into it fulltime in the near future.

I play a seven string guitar primarily, dreaming of the day when I get an Ibanez endorsement (If only :3).

Musically, I'm mostly into instrumental stuff - usually guitar based, but not exclusively. Consider myself pretty open minded musically. Influences ranging from guys like Steve Vai, Guthrie Govan, Petrucci etc, to Massive Attack, Juno Reactor and Mr Scruff.

Relatively new to the production/recording side of things, learning by doing, as I go along mostly. With a very DIY home setup approach.

Lately very much involved in the progressive/tech/groove metal side of things; Chimp Spanner, Monuments, Vildhjarta, Animals As Leaders and Meshuggah etc.

Play in a three piece of a similar style to Animals As leaders, called Nautilus, and have a solo project I'm currently writing for, called Ship of Theseus.

Favourite games of all time? In no particular order; Gears of War, Final Fantasy VI, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid Prime, Zelda OoT, Plok, Starwing, Pokemon G/S and C&C:RA to name a few.

Here to finally get involved with a community I've watched from afar for a long time, hopefully get some stuff released, maybe do some collabs etc. Currently working on a cover of Lance's Theme from Pokemon Gold/Silver.

But yeahhh, that's me in a nutshell >:3

I am CaptainFluffatun, though my real name is Tommy. Feel free to call me by either.

I began making music when I picked up guitar. I took up the instrument thinking I'd get chicks but hate it, and now I have no chicks but love the instrument. I wrote shitty metal music in a band that fell apart pretty quickly due to lack of participation from the members (myself included). I realized I worked faster on my own.

Around this time is the time I got into ponies (if you don't like them, I won't shove them in your face, though extend me the courtesy of not insulting me either), and simultaneously realized my love for film music. Using the help from that fandom, I built up my orchestral music production skills, and it is now my strongsuit. I find myself able to simply CREATE in orchestral music, without having to worry about producing the song properly.

But I'm not all cellos and violins, either. I love electronic music! Thusly, I took that up as well. I've made a few adequate songs, but they aren't amazing, and don't have a whole lot of reply value.

And that brings us to now. I joined this forum because I want to take my electronic music production to the next level. I want to make masterpieces, not songs. I guess I joined because I simply want help on electronic music production, and can offer my feedback on orchestral music production.

I use FL Studio for electronic and rock music, and I use Cubase 5 for orchestral music. I am proficient in both.

I suppose on a game remix forum, I should list games I like (in no particular order):

-Skyrim

-Cave story

-Minecraft

-Fallout

-Okami

Obviously, there are tons more, but we'd be here all day if I listed them all. Those are just a few that came to mind instantly.

Other than that, I guess I'd just like to say I'm looking forward to my experiences here. The work I've heard from this site in the past is phenomenal - I just didn't think to join until now.

Hello everybody, I was going to post here last night but seemed like there was an issue getting in this thread and it took me to a blank page lol. I used to be here before, but I had an issue with my email address and had to cancel it (Long story, don't want to get to it)

My name is Michael, 21, and I go by the name DJ Max-E / MaxieDaMan on YouTube.

I'm a Freelance Music Composer & Music Producer, I've been a VG Remixer for almost 5 years (December 16 marks my 5th anniversary) and have been a producer for more than 5 years.

I'm currently composing for 2 school projects, an Indie Game entitled, "Breeze In The Clouds" with 2 amazing composers, "Alan Gee" and "Aivi Tran", and a fan game entitled, "Sonic The Hedgehog: After The Sequel".

I'm also currently in college for Video Game Design & Development and I am pushing to pursue a career in the Video Game Industry as a Music Composer.

DAWs I use are both FL Studio & Logic Pro 9. I used to have Cubase, and I barely remember how it works.

As much as I have my name out there on YouTube land, I will be registering on different forums and getting into as much as I can so I can benefit myself, musically, and share my love for video games altogether.

Links will be on my signature, and I'll also post here.

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/maxiedaman

BandCamp: http://djmax-eproductions.bandcamp.com

SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmaxeofficial

Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-Max-E-Productions/120998187972446

Hope you like what you see, and I hope to be more active around here on OCRemix.

Edited by DJ Max-E Productions

Hello,

My name is Braeden, as the name implies and i have been following OC for atleast 3 years now. People like Zircon got me into FL Studio and i have been messing with it ever since. Recently my computer formatted and i did not have enough room in my hardrive to store all my files so i will have to re-download FL Studio. Anyways, my talents are Singing, Acoustic Guitar (Still in the process of getting really good), and Electronic music. Music is just a hobby as I see no real potential in it but, playing is better than not playing so why not join to share a great thing in the world? I enjoy VG but the music is what i enjoy the most. When i hear songs like Super Metroids Red Brinstar i see myself in a open/closed world where nothing but mechanical organisms live. When i listen to Final Fantasy 6's battle music i feel like i wanna pull out a sword and hack the couch to pieces because a sense of excitement rushes trough me. I wanna show that i am worth it so if i announce a new song soon and it gets through, get ready for something ausome!

Braeden Loepke.

I am CaptainFluffatun, though my real name is Tommy. Feel free to call me by either.

I began making music when I picked up guitar. I took up the instrument thinking I'd get chicks but hate it, and now I have no chicks but love the instrument. I wrote shitty metal music in a band that fell apart pretty quickly due to lack of participation from the members (myself included). I realized I worked faster on my own.

Around this time is the time I got into ponies (if you don't like them, I won't shove them in your face, though extend me the courtesy of not insulting me either), and simultaneously realized my love for film music. Using the help from that fandom, I built up my orchestral music production skills, and it is now my strongsuit. I find myself able to simply CREATE in orchestral music, without having to worry about producing the song properly.

But I'm not all cellos and violins, either. I love electronic music! Thusly, I took that up as well. I've made a few adequate songs, but they aren't amazing, and don't have a whole lot of reply value.

And that brings us to now. I joined this forum because I want to take my electronic music production to the next level. I want to make masterpieces, not songs. I guess I joined because I simply want help on electronic music production, and can offer my feedback on orchestral music production.

I use FL Studio for electronic and rock music, and I use Cubase 5 for orchestral music. I am proficient in both.

I suppose on a game remix forum, I should list games I like (in no particular order):

-Skyrim

-Cave story

-Minecraft

-Fallout

-Okami

Obviously, there are tons more, but we'd be here all day if I listed them all. Those are just a few that came to mind instantly.

Other than that, I guess I'd just like to say I'm looking forward to my experiences here. The work I've heard from this site in the past is phenomenal - I just didn't think to join until now.

Why, hello Captain! I like what you did on BP:AP. Didn't know you had an interest in OCR!

By the way, considering your, erm, interests, I think you'll like this thread. ;-)

It's nice to have you on board!

And welcome to everyone who joined recently! It's great to see so many people interested in OCR! Make yourselves at home, and, if you ever want feedback on music, head on over to the Workshop boards!

Hello,

I'm Orrin (a.k.a ap3xultima)I'm 24 and am based in the UK, specifically Wales. I discovered this site back in 2005, around the time the Doom remix album was released, and only now getting into the forums due part to my shyness.

I've been making music for a while but got more serious into it around 2006 by going to college and university, the latter which I finished about 5 months ago. Education it seems has boosted my confidence.

I make music based on an the idea rather than limiting myself to particular music styles etc.

It makes for a more fluid workflow and whether I should be doing this or that, of course in the end music has no rights or wrongs.

I have been an avid video game fan from an early age and find it is the best entertainment medium overall. Its soundtracks as well as whatever my dad enjoyed listening to, is what caught my interest in music production and composition.

As a final thought, my favourite game of all time despite being a PC gamer, is Gunstar Heroes.

Hey, I'm Harold Jr. (OCR name: Jr(DoT) of SupaKool)I am an Applications Analyst by day and a Game music composer+producer by night (or whenever I'm not at work). I've been involved in creating original music since 2004 as a hobbyist and I've been following OCR for about 2 1/2 years. I started out with a demo version of Fruity Loops 3.56 and Reasons 3.0. I'm currently using FL Studio 10, Reasons 3.0, and Sonar X1.

I have an ear for all types of music given that I've been involved in band from the 6th grade all the way through college. However, as of late I've decided to get back into creating music and sharing it with the world. I have started a YouTube and SoundCloud page @SupaKoolEnt. I've also just submitted my first game remix as well. I hope to get to hear some great works and even collaborate with some of you too.

Be Kool!!!

NEW NEWB ALERT

Heh. Hi.

I'm IceFlame, amateur gamer/game designer and artist/writer. Also a bit of a music enthusiast. Mostly active on deviantART and Comic Dish.

I've been listening to OC Remixes for about 4 years now, most of them without even knowing it due to them being ripped and mis-titled on music streaming sites. I was quite excited this week when I started browsing more deeply through OCR's game lists and found most of my old favorites!

I've played around with music here and there for a long time, I've almost always got music in my head, be it snippets of real songs or ditties off the top of my head (being ADHD my mind never rests x-x ).

But, I've never really had much formal music training.

Guess that kinda invalidates me being here xD;

I've messed around with Anvil Studio and I've made a few "remixes" of my own, copy-pasting MIDI pieces together from VGMusic.com, usually just choosing different instruments to make things sound cooler. Now that I work on a Mac I've been fiddling in GarageBand and managed to halfbutt an original song for my girlfriend...music came out okay, my voice not so much.

Been considering going back to college for music, or culinary arts, one of the two. I can't read music, the extent of my sheet-music reading is general knowledge of the whereabouts of a note and moving up/down in relation to how far up/down the next note is.

Technology tends to hate me and not work the way it does for others so...I might have a lot of "stupid" questions and/or "derp" moments when asking here about stuff ^^; sorry in advance if I pull a stupid.

My music preferences lie along orchestral (like Fantasia/Fantasia 2000), "epic" music like the stuff used for trailers, and various videogame tracks, especially Zelda and FF7. Maybe a bit of techno here and there but not too heavy on the metal and wubwub.

POINT BEING hopefully I can learn more here than I've been learning on my own. I have some ideas for game remixes, just not the technical or musical knowhow for pulling it off in a somewhat decent fashion.

And thus I stalk off to lurk upon the forum's offered resources.

I make music based on an the idea rather than limiting myself to particular music styles etc.

It makes for a more fluid workflow and whether I should be doing this or that, of course in the end music has no rights or wrongs.

Hey Orrin! That's an interesting view on how to approach music, and one I'd agree with and probably follow myself if I had the slightest skill in arrangement/composition. I'll be looking to hear what music you put up in the Workshop sections. Welcome!

I have an ear for all types of music given that I've been involved in band from the 6th grade all the way through college. However, as of late I've decided to get back into creating music and sharing it with the world. I have started a YouTube and SoundCloud page @SupaKoolEnt. I've also just submitted my first game remix as well. I hope to get to hear some great works and even collaborate with some of you too.

Hello and welcome, Harold! I can relate to that experience that school band can give you; I played french horn from fifth grade through my senior year of high school, and it definitely opened up my ears to new types of music that normally I would've ignored, or disliked. I'll be sure to swing by your Youtube and give it a listen to.

Technology tends to hate me and not work the way it does for others so...I might have a lot of "stupid" questions and/or "derp" moments when asking here about stuff ^^; sorry in advance if I pull a stupid.

My music preferences lie along orchestral (like Fantasia/Fantasia 2000), "epic" music like the stuff used for trailers, and various videogame tracks, especially Zelda and FF7. Maybe a bit of techno here and there but not too heavy on the metal and wubwub.

Always good to meet a fellow fan of FF7's music and of epic orchestral pieces, IceFlame. :-) And don't be afraid to ask 'stupid' questions at OCR; I've asked plenty dumb questions in my time here, and have always gotten pretty good, helpful answers.

A hearty welcome to all three of you!