The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Oh yeah, um how do you set a custom avatar by the way? I didn't see anything about it yet. Of course, i am a noob lol

Somewhere there's a thread for custom avatar changes, however you cannot do so yourself, it's completely up to a forum moderator (Usually Liontamer) to do it for you.

Ah yes, another newbie introduction thread. It seems I'm always at this level in one regard or another...

I'm Mecham. I'm 21, a senior in music composition with a minor in philosophy, I play the trombone and piano. I write for anything in any style. I currently intend on going into law school, but I would love to write music for any project on the side.

I profess more in writing music more than remixing. I don't really have any DAW chops (yet, I am buying myself Logic Pro for Christmas... unless I get advice otherwise.) I am, however, very proficient in Finale (I work as the piano lab techie at my university), and also I love tracker music: I write a lot of stuff in MilkyTracker and Renoise. Here's my Soundcloud; it hosts most of my electronic compositions. If you are interested in any of my more traditional works, for trombone, voice, piano, jazz band, etc, I'd be happy to send you PDF's or Finale files.

PM me, whatevs. You'll see me in the competitions.

Hey everyone

My name's Salvador and I'm a huge gamer enthusiast. I'm currently a college student majoring in Marketing and minoring in either finance or management. I'm also the president of the game club at my college and enjoy running all the various events, tourneys, and hangouts.

I've only recently found out about ocremix a couple of months back and couldn't believe just how many songs and albums there have been created based off of video games. Ever since then, I've become a major enthusiast for vgm and constantly look for new songs and albums to listen to. I hope to keep getting involved and learn as much as I can about video games and video game music.

Feel free to PM, comment, and what not.

Hey Everybody!

My name is Lauren and I've been playing trumpet for about 11 years now. I just recently graduated from University with a degree in Jazz Performance and am now looking for different avenues in which to contribute my music.

I've been an avid listener at OCReMix since my freshman year in college and finally decided to submit my first remix and connect with the community!

While my specialty is Jazz, I am proficient in all forms of music and am eager to work with you all. If you need a trumpet player on one of your projects just send me a PM and I would love to discuss the possibilities with you.

-majorjazzman

Hello, my name is magicalDANI13, I answer to Dani.

I'm a 21 year old, Computer Science / English major and music minor. I've been a musician for 13 years and I've been composing and mixing going on 4 years. I'm not new to the OCRemix scene for I have been listening to the music here for some time and have been lurking these forums for a while as well.

My specialty in music is Electronic / Ambient and I am a Fruity Looper! I get my inspiration from artists like Yasutaka Nakata and Masashi Hamauzu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Illustrious Peoples of OCRemix!

I found this site early in 2012 and have been coming back regularly since! I love video game music and I used to think that I was kind of odd for listening to the BGM for 'Frontier Village Dali' while doing my homework, or just enjoying a listen to the 'Aria Di Mezzo Carattere' in my spare time. So I was thrilled to find a site full video game music lovers that also happen to be amazingly talented musicians!

So, I've been downloading and enjoying tons of awesome tracks over the last several months and I get to thinking...(always a dangerous endeavor :lol:)...and I'm thinking: why can't I make some cool music too?! Then I get a bit of a reality check: because you don't know much about music theory or composing, and you haven't played your guitar much since you started college. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the hard part about having a discussion/argument with yourself--you know all of your weak points. Anyways, I've decided to look my ignorance boldly in the face--all Clint Eastwood style--and give remixing a shot in spite of it! In fact to spite it!

And that's my story...*from the peanut gallery: cool story bro!*. I know there are some places around the forums to find advice on remixing, so I'll start by looking there. However, if you'd like to throw out some advice out of the generousness of your heart, then please feel free! Or, perhaps, you're a newbie too? One who would like to join me on an epic quest to figure out how to make a remix and produce an excellent piece? Hit me up and let's get something rolling!

Be seeing you around,

Player_One

Ahoy and greetings to all!

My name is Daniel J Rocha, but you may call me Dan, or 'Denden Daiko' or just 'Daiko' for short. For those of you who are curious, a denden daiko is basically a 'flammie drum'. :)

An avid video gamer at heart, video game enthusiast, soundtrack listener, a saxophonist and all that jazz. I'm expanding into the world of video game composing and remixing. Since I was about 7 years old I've been singing, humming, whistling, and replicating sound effects of all my favourite games, so I figured...20 years later, enough is enough. I'm finally tapping into my creative side and composing music, and I plan to start remixing soon enough.

I heard about OCRemix through a youtube video of the Mag2011 audio panel hosted by Andrew and Jillian Aversa, Jimmy Hinson, and Wilbert Roget. It was extremely helpful, and gave me great insight on how to kick things off, so mucho thanks to em :)

Without further ado, I am pleased to join, and look forward to meeting all of you on the forums, and taking it from there!

Cheers!

Daniel J Rocha

'DenDen Daiko'

Edited by Daiko

Hi guys I'm James, but I also go by iAcorn (InsaneAcorn) on my youtube channel, where I post gameplays/commentaries/whatever I like (even got some airsoft footage from my headcam up there).

Been a long time downloader on OCRemix and I thought it was time to put back into it. So I made an account and submitted something. Although I usually go by my full name when I release music, anything submitted here will be under the internet alias. It seems to be a requirement?

About me: Music Tech graduate, massive gamer and trying to make it in the Sound Design field of game development. Its pretty darn hard to crack in to!

Anyways I look forward to diving more into the community :)

Been a long time downloader on OCRemix and I thought it was time to put back into it. So I made an account and submitted something. Although I usually go by my full name when I release music, anything submitted here will be under the internet alias. It seems to be a requirement?

You can use your full name as your artist name here on OCR.

Hi guys I'm James, but I also go by iAcorn (InsaneAcorn) on my youtube channel, where I post gameplays/commentaries/whatever I like (even got some airsoft footage from my headcam up there).

About me: Music Tech graduate, massive gamer and trying to make it in the Sound Design field of game development. Its pretty darn hard to crack in to!

Anyways I look forward to diving more into the community :)

Welcome to you! hope you enjoy your stay, and don't be shy to use the workshop remix for feedback. It is pretty useful :).

Hi, My name is Jon. I've been following this site off and on for several years. Just look when I created my account! I finally came back after all these years and downloaded every single torrent in about a week's time. All 45 GB are now on my harddrive. It is a bit annoying how when I'm going through my winamp library, I have doubles of songs (Flac and MP3), but it's good to have both versions for multiple reasons.

Reading through some of these intros, I'm noticing a lot of people are avid video gamers or musicians. Believe it or not, I'm neither! I just really like the music this site delivers. I don't think you have to play games or play music to enjoy this site. I like nearly all styles of music (electronic music is probably my favorite as varied as it is). Keep pumping out those tunes and I'll keep downloading them!

Hello, my name is Ian. I'm a junior music education student at Northern Arizona University, where I also privately study percussion, and composition. I have been a visitor of the site for a couple years now, but finally got the sense to create an account so I can start contributing to this community in discussion, as well as hopefully sharing my music in the future.

I'm literally just beginning with remixing (somewhat different from any arrangement experience I have, and defenatly much more challenging for me than composition). I am however looking forward to learning to revitalize the themes that have brought me joy throughout my musical life.

So, I've finally decided to go ahead and register on the site after years of merely downloading and enjoying what OCR had to offer. I've been a fan of the site since '02, during OCR's previous version, when a friend of mine showed me McVaffe's "Cammy's London Drizzle" and CotMM's "Magus (Decay of Hope)". After that, I found this place, liked what I found, and have been downloading since. I had some ideas for possible ReMixes of my own to submit, but work, and doubt in my own ability, kept me from really doing anything about it, or even bothering to make an account here.

Fast-forward over a decade: I'm currently working on a BS in Computer Science, but I'm planning on changing schools and switching to a double major in Computer Science (Programming) and Music (Composition) in the near-future.

I'm a complete remixing n00b, but I have written some original stuff using Sibelius. I play trumpet mainly, and a little piano, but I've been out of practice for quite a while and I'm working on getting my old skills back. I hope to be able to submit something here in the near future.

Anyway, I'm happy to finally join the community. I look forward to learning a lot from those who have ReMixed before me.

-Jei

so... This is my first time on a forum... I guess I can try to get to know people on here. I'm AJ, I made an account here not to make music, Oh no I have too much stuff on my plate as it is... but to chat with the community here! so... what's up?

Why hello RD... or AJ... um... not sure which to call you by.

Anywho, I'm assuming that this is a thread you'll like to frequent, eh?

Since it seems you're new to the whole Forum thing, I guess the basic rule is try to get to know people. Look through the forums and see what interests you in what's been posted, and just go be yourself.

Well, there are other actual rules to the forums, but I don't have a handy link sitting nearby.

Anyway,

Welcome aboard the OCR Forums!

Hi there.

My name's Nova, and I've been thinking about signing up for a while.

I've ha a couple of ideas for remixes, but nothing I've ever been able to put into any kind of plan, so I might try throwing them out there and seeing what happens.

Looking forward to posting :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I never really know what to write in these types of topics because either people know me elsewhere or I have really got anything thing interesting to introduce with.

Name: Simon Shirley

Gender: Male (although my full name would suggest half-male!)

Normally online as: foreversonic

-(subliminal) Send me $5
Where do we send those 5 little dollars?

By day, I'm a programmer for a promotional marketing and fulfillment company - the business behind the cashbacks, money-back guarantees and instant wins.

By night, I'm second in command over at RadioSEGA. Currently working on the 8th version of the website while adding new things to the current site, and breaking the servers in an attempt to bring new features. Also host my own radio show over there on Friday evenings where some of the music here is played, as requested.

I'm a trombone player and handbell ringer mainly although I like to pick up my guitar, ocarina, treble recorder and Etherwave theremin at home.

-(subliminal) Send me $5
How?

Just started out with DAWs and so getting feet wet with remixing. I've submitted a couple of tracks in but they are in the process of being heard as I know the judging panel are busy. Fingers crossed!!

Edited by foreversonic