FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

I asked a few pages back about a problem I was having with FL. Everything was coming out distorted when I put 4 or 5 instruments together. I mentioned that I had only 256 mb RAM at the time, and somebody said that that wasn't enough. Now I have my laptop, and I have 1 gb of RAM and the same problem... everything distorted.

If you want, I can host the file...

_glitch_

Maybe you need to increase your buffer length. Hit F10, and then go to Audio. Move the buffer length slider to the right a bit, and then play your song. If it still sounds screwy, move it to the right a bit more. You probably won't have to move it past the 100ms mark.

Also, make sure the device you chose under the Output section (also on the Audio page) doesn't have "(emulated)" in the name. That can also make your audio sound yucky.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is also about Sony Acid.

So I made a pretty nice beat in FL and saved it as an mp3 and imported it to ACID. Now when I played it against the rest of the track I had in acid, it would not sync right. There would be a gap at the end of the loop mp3 that throws everything off, and it also doesn't play at the same tempo I originally had it in FL. The drum loop was set to a tempo of 75, as is the track in ACId. Anyone have any ideas?

My question is also about Sony Acid.

So I made a pretty nice beat in FL and saved it as an mp3 and imported it to ACID. Now when I played it against the rest of the track I had in acid, it would not sync right. There would be a gap at the end of the loop mp3 that throws everything off, and it also doesn't play at the same tempo I originally had it in FL. The drum loop was set to a tempo of 75, as is the track in ACId. Anyone have any ideas?

When you go to export to mp3, check what setting the "remainder box" has on it. If you have "Leave remainder", there will be a gap. If you have "Wrap remainder", there will be a gap. Set it to "Cut remainder" and see how that turns out.

You can load it with the sampler. Just make a new Sampler via "Channels>Add" and under the channel settings, find the folder icon and look for it through windows.

The alternative is to put it in your FL\Data\Patches directory, so you can load it via the sample browser.

Hello there!

I'd like to know if there's any way I can directly feed the sound coming into my computer to the FL Mixer/FX Processor?

I have 3 synthesizers, which are somewhat limited in effects. The plug-ins I have with FL are much better. However, I need to know if the final "mix" will sound good before I record synth sequences... and with all the FX plug-ins I might use, the possibilities are endless. So I'm wondering if I can just feed the sound directly to a mixer track (with activated effects), thus immediatly having an idea of the sound I'm going to have in the end.

If that's not directly possible or implemented, is there a generator plug-in that can achieve that by directly taking the microphone input and giving it to FL?

Thank you for your help guys!

This question was unanswered way back on page 154 or something. Anyways, here is an answer:

Down the bottom of the mixer, you will have 2 drop down boxes; one labeled in, another labeled out. Anyways, select the FX track you want the sound to go to, grab the in box, and set that to "microphone" or "line in" or somesuch. You may need ASIO drivers to do this, but I think its possible with DX drivers. Also not sure how bad latency is going to be.

Good luck anyways.

Thanks there Splunkle; unfortunately I don't have anything in my "IN" dropdown menu. I am gonna do some research on ASIO drivers. I don't know if I'll find anything for my SB Live Platinum.

Also, I don't know which DX drivers would let me do that. Still, thanks your your help!

It is not a huge difference, in my opinion. There are some new plugins, a better browser, and some changes to make recording easier. However, if you got the boxed version and would have to pay for the upgrade, I don't think it's necessarily worth it. On the other hand, most people have free lifetime updates and thus there's no reason NOT to upgrade.

When I right click the waveform and select 'Detect Tempo' in the Channel settings for a Sampler channel ,choosing one of the tempo ranges give me this error:

"Access violation at address xxxxxxxx in module 'FLEngine.dll'. Read of address xxxxxxxx."

I have this error since I upgraded to FL6.. anybody here have the same problem? :?

When I right click the waveform and select 'Detect Tempo' in the Channel settings for a Sampler channel ,choosing one of the tempo ranges give me this error:

Don't do that then D: I think it is a known bug with FL6.

I can't recall ever needing to use that function so try not to do it yourself :P