OCRA-0009 - Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream

zircon

Oh, and seeing as "Adrenalyne Kyck" doesn't have its own submission/review thread, I'll use the opportunity to compliment on it here, spesifically the use of the vocals. There went a shiver down my spine when I first heard that part of the song, and subsequently when I (by serendipity) discovered the source (an old interview with Nomura) of the lyrics. Both a great choice of text and well performed. Two thumbs up!

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Big Giant Circles truly made those vocals work. One of the funnier criticisms of that track are people complaining about my vocals being non sequitur, as a lot of people believe they're simply made up for the song. Why would I waste an opportunity to do my own small tribute to Nomura after reading his great interview excerpt? When in doubt, Wikipedia has all the inspiration you need.

Apologies if the answer is hidden somewhere in these 25 pages of comments, but is there any way to see how VotL has been doing? Like torrent total transfer and stuff, remember zircon showing some crazy stats just after launch. Would be cool and probably incredible still; my upload never fails to max out on this torrent alone when I have it on (got ~110GB uploaded so far and damn it feels good to actually have nothing to worry about legally if the ISP would come knocking on the door asking what the hell is going on!).

Apologies if the answer is hidden somewhere in these 25 pages of comments, but is there any way to see how VotL has been doing? Like torrent total transfer and stuff, remember zircon showing some crazy stats just after launch. Would be cool and probably incredible still; my upload never fails to max out on this torrent alone when I have it on (got ~110GB uploaded so far and damn it feels good to actually have nothing to worry about legally if the ISP would come knocking on the door asking what the hell is going on!).

my fellow Swede :) check the front page, scroll down to torrents. there's the torrent transfer. The stats for the mirrors is probably Dave or Zircon's area.

Would you be able to provide the exact quote too, and/or where (time, ca.?) it appears? :-)

Sorry, I'm just too damn curious. :razz: And even if I were to watch the whole movie again, i don't think I'd be able to pick it out. :/

Thanks in any case. :-)

my external drive is dead so I can't watch it, but it's when the president gives orders to attack zack I believe

Someone apparently created a Voices of the Lifestream wikipedia article! Check it out here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voices_of_the_Lifestream

If you have sourced additional information and/or corrections to make, I encourage you to do so. I think this time around we have more than enough sources and notability for the article to stay, unlike the previous OCR projects (which, believe me, I fought for.)

Additionally, VotL was reviewed positively in the largest Finnish gaming magazine, "Pelit" on page 19 of their November 11th issue. Here's a scan, and a translation:

http://www.soundtempest.net/IMG_1836.JPG

http://www.soundtempest.net/pelitreview.txt

*coughsomeoneaddthattothewikiarticle* ;)

Congrats again to everyone who was involved!! I would email you again but I've spammed you enough already.

Bastards, I still can't believe they removed all the OCR albums...

Well, maybe this will change their mind this time. I doubt it, but there's the chance.

Verifiability first, notability second.

Wikipedia makes sense in a way, yes we want everything we hold dear to be there, but not everything is notable, and not everything can be verified. If you want other projects to be there, find third party sources, and then use them to show the notability of the projects.

Except many of the projects WERE sourced, but just not by print magazines, so WP morons wanted them all gone. Verifiability wasn't the problem, it was notability. Even though the album guidelines say that albums by notable artists are notable, and OCR could be considered the artist of these albums, they ignored all that.

Another problem with WP is also that there are tons and tons of articles violating the guidelines that no one seems to care about.

Except many of the projects WERE sourced, but just not by print magazines, so WP morons wanted them all gone. Verifiability wasn't the problem, it was notability. Even though the album guidelines say that albums by notable artists are notable, and OCR could be considered the artist of these albums, they ignored all that.

Another problem with WP is also that there are tons and tons of articles violating the guidelines that no one seems to care about.

Well, if you want WP improved, go right ahead, you can edit it.

(And there is a deletion review process, and there is nothing that prevents the recreation of articles)

just saying...

• 3 weeks later...

I stumbled upon this project a few days ago while doing some searches for some Final Fantasy VII music after having heard a FF tune at work.

This compilation album is simply incredible. I have really enjoyed listening to the albums, and they remind me of every portion of the great FF7 storyline.

It's really inspiring to read about the work and time that went into developing these albums, and the final result really shows it! Most of the songs bring me back to the great times I had playing this game and the remixs accompanied with these songs are very tasteful and fluent.

I sometimes can't believe that this is a not-for-profit project. I am in your debt, and know that I will be enjoying this music for years to come!

Thank you very much,

Brian

I just felt like adding in the tracks that have really stood out at me so far.

Shnabubula - Stone Eyes (The Great Warrior)

Sixto Sounds, zircon - Lunatic Moon (Red XIII's Theme)

Sixto Sounds, Suzumebachi, zircon - Scenes from a Memory (On That Day, Five Years Ago...)

Tweek - Frozen Landscape (Buried In Snow)

--

I find myself being absorbed into more and more of these songs, I can't put this compilation down!

Once again I just wanted to say, great work!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've commented on the individual songs where I could see them without leaving too much of a "bumping" gap, but I'll just go on record on saying there's probably not a single track on this I would skip over while listening to it. While there are a few songs that could have been a bit better, I still felt overall this is an excellent album. I honestly think that, if this album was commercially released in music stores, game stores and perhaps online through a PayPal order scheme, you really could have made a collosal wedge of $$$$ out of this.

Still, I'm not complaining, it's all free giggity.gif but being honest, I really would have paid top dollar (or €uro in my case) for a compilation like this.

Now, I think it's time to get down and do the Robot.

robot.gif