It's just not fair, Nintendo!

Bigfoot

The SNES controller was way too flat for comfort, but I probably put the most amount of gaming time into it right behind the NES and Playstation controllers.

Then again, Japanese are incredibly racist about these types of exclusive content. They typically answer to the request for it to be released in Western audiences with the typical "we only make these for Japanese".

Doesn't the Japanese Virtual Console still have like 100 more games than the US's?

Japanese people get the craziest exclusive shit, just because it won't really take off here - this, the FF potion drink, Vocaloid 2's Hatsune Miku voice, pocky, etc...

Well they probably import the pocky but I've never really looked for it.

And, you know, a physical release of Mother, Mother 3, the REAL Super Mario Bros 2 (deemed too hard for Stupid American audiences until it was released on All-Stars).

But yeah. Mostly the Mother/Earthbound stuff.

They've gotta be pulling a Fire Emblem with Brawl. They just HAVE to.

If not I'll explode.

And, you know, a physical release of Mother, Mother 3, the REAL Super Mario Bros 2 (deemed too hard for Stupid American audiences until it was released on All-Stars).

But yeah. Mostly the Mother/Earthbound stuff.

They've gotta be pulling a Fire Emblem with Brawl. They just HAVE to.

If not I'll explode.

Same. I need my Mother 3 on the DS.

Kumatora is the best thing ever.

One of the best Nintendo sountracks ever written' date=' IMO. It's so sad that Mario Galaxy's OST runs circles around the more-deserving Zelda: TP's. Not to say TP's is bad, it's just we got 1 friggin' orchestrated track, and it's not even heard DURING THE GAME... [/quote']

Agreed. TP should have had orchestral music, voice acting (excluding Link), and some smoothing over those jags. That would have made it truly deserving of the super-high numbers it received.

Smoothing over jags?? HA! Anti-aliasing is always going to be the LEAST of Nintendo's concern. Until the Wii (or any future Nintendo consoles) has PS3/360-like hardware, it'll never happen. It's so funny when I go to Gamestop and see Mario Galaxy playing on their HD TV and it looks like crap because the resolution is so high, and then I see Guitar Hero 3 on another TV playing off a 360 and it looks like 10X better... sad, really.

Maybe it's just me, but the jaggies don't seem to be that bad when I played it on the HD-TV at gamestop.

All the jaggies are caused by horrible upscaling on crappy HDTVs. Get one with a good upscaler, and the effect will be noticeably diminished. It will nt be gone alltogether however, as Nintendo had to make a choice. Put more power into higher poly models, or use anti-aliasing. Honestly I think they made the right choice. The models have near 360 levels of detail.

Interestingly enough, if you play the game on a normal CRT SDTV there aren't any jaggies that are noticeable. The blurriness smooths them out.

All the jaggies are caused by horrible upscaling on crappy HDTVs. Get one with a good upscaler, and the effect will be noticeably diminished. It will nt be gone alltogether however, as Nintendo had to make a choice. Put more power into higher poly models, or use anti-aliasing. Honestly I think they made the right choice. The models have near 360 levels of detail.

Interestingly enough, if you play the game on a normal CRT SDTV there aren't any jaggies that are noticeable. The blurriness smooths them out.

I was actually going to comment on that. I still have a CRT SDTV at home and there are almost no jaggies visible.

Wait, from what I got from the original japanese announcement, it wasn't out until later this year. Either I read it wrong, or you're from the future!

Well thats what I was told anyway. I haven't even played it yet, it could be a gamerip for all i know.

To me, it makes sense that it would be a Japan only pack-in for a special edition. Japan always gets the good stuff.

Galaxy is, in my opinion, Game of the Year material for Nintendo, at least until Brawl gets here. It will be able to drive hardware sales even after the initial rush....oh wait a tick, that never ended.

It's a major treat to play. I'm going to ask for it for Christmas.

I have a tendency to grab the regular games instead of special editions, mainly because most of them have stuff that I really don't want. Nintendo usually puts things I _do_ want in their special editions, but they don't like selling them in the US apparently.

It just gives me more reasons to take a trip to Japan. (But alas, region locks FTL. Oh well, there's always chips)