OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

WE GOT OURSELVES A LIVE ONE!!!

so upon searching the internet, I stumbled across

and heard something that sounds awfully familiar.

reading the description section, the song is credited as...

The song used is "She Had Long Ears" from my recently released album Escape Into The Twilight, you can download it for free here..
which is funny cause it sounds reeeeally close to a remix I once made

so I decided to browse this website and get this 'album' of his, turns out everything on his self titled album is either a song or remix I made.

So I sent him an e-mail of what overcoat told me to say: "I downloaded ur album. Great stuff. Keep it up." (or something along those lines) to see what (if anything) he says (I have my handle in my e-mail address). He has yet to reply, but a couple of hours after sending him a msg, his website which was up and had other "albums" on there is now down (with only a Dead. msg remaining (I wonder if that means he got my message?)).

I'm still a little annoyed since he still has a myspace page up with my songs (and possibly other artists as I doubt he makes chiptune music), and posted a torrent to "his" album on Legal torrents, as well (I'm sure) at isohunt, and fenlopy just to name a few.

So I sent him an e-mail of what overcoat told me to say: "I downloaded ur album. Great stuff. Keep it up." (or something along those lines) to see what (if anything) he says (I have my handle in my e-mail address). He has yet to reply, but a couple of hours after sending him a msg, his website which was up and had other "albums" on there is now down (with only a Dead. msg remaining (I wonder if that means he got my message?)).

shame, because I have no doubt all the other albums were stolen as well.

I was just talking with Xerol about this on IRC recently, some guy in Asia was pretending to be him and actually making money off of his stuff. I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe that's been mentioned here.

Listening to the frustration of members here really adds a personal element to plagiarism for me. I don't steal stuff and give credit when possible and reasonable, but I never thought much about it. This is a good thread for raising awareness.

Good thread, opens my eyes to this issue that otherwise I would not have much experience with. I can feel the frustration being expressed here by some of you. I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if Xerol has posted here, but I know some of his stuff has been stolen and sold for profit actually. His whole site was jacked if I am not mistaken. Just stupid!

Some real idiots out there...

shame, because I have no doubt all the other albums were stolen as well.

well one of the other album was an inuyasha album, with music from the show )or whatever) played on piano (with the piano being sequenced with a horrible soundfont/sample).

the other thing I find interesting is this guy has the balls to "license" the album with creative commons.

also the torrents for the other albums are still available on legaltorrent

oh I find this funny and sad, but it also pisses me the fuck off because not only is he taking credit for my mixes (I know of at least one other person that's doing that with one mix and that's why I'm not so huff huff about it), but taking credit for my ORIGINAL tunes. Shit I created from nothing. And then pawning everything off as if its his own it's like, it hurts man!!

¡__¡

oh I find this funny and sad, but it also pisses me the fuck off because not only is he taking credit for my mixes (I know of at least one other person that's doing that with one mix and that's why I'm not so huff huff about it), but taking credit for my ORIGINAL tunes. Shit I created from nothing. And then pawning everything off as if its his own it's like, it hurts man!!

¡__¡

Well, I didn't say I sympathize with him, I was only saying that I find whatever has driven him to be Princess Emo-Thief is worth noting as unfortunate.

By all means, light his hair on fire. I'm not THAT tender about it :lol:

*EDIT*

haha, Also worth noting that he specifically says in the intro of that video that "People should support the Dev's of Trine by buying their game" How's that for irony? Also, why am I not seeing more flaming on his Youtube channel/video comment?

At least you get people ripping you off. I wouldn't know what to do if someone actually enjoyed anything I did long enough to call it his own. I might have a party.

Now THAT's self esteem issues, Jimmy.

Anyway, he hasn't been to his Myspace page since August and Youtube's a crapshoot. Skrypnyk's my best friend or something. I vote EXAMPLE. I want to roast his ass too.

Now to just find a legal, decent way to do this.

Emotional britility is no excuse for theft. I'm not suggesting something that could push a boy over the mortal coil, but definitely this should not go scott-free/unpunished.

Problem is, how do you fight plagiarism when what you've done kinda borders on it in the first place and is definitely not copyrighted?

Plus, the douchebag can just delete any messages we leave on his boards about his thievery.

What is this Dream Studio label thing? Is that his too?

Other than flaming the crap out of him (which, while juvenile, gets the message across that we know he's a thief and we're serious about taking his stuff down.) our usual recourse is to contact the people that run whatever site it's featured on and go from there. I flagged his youtube posting, but I don't think that's going to go anywhere since it's not my song. I don't think we'll get into any earnest flaming until tomorrow morning/afternoon.

EDIT

Apparently he goes by the name afinaldate.

Found some of his other stuff

newgrounds account: http://xn.newgrounds.com/audio/

Lastfm: http://www.last.fm/music/AFinalDate/+tracks

Don't know if any of it is ripped off though. Go check it out guys.

Double edit: Dream Studio is apparently his own label. "It's under the Indie netlabel Dream Gate Studios which is my newly formed label."

Emotional britility is no excuse for theft. I'm not suggesting something that could push a boy over the mortal coil, but definitely this should not go scott-free/unpunished.

Oh, I most certainly have no concern over how he chooses to react, as far as harming himself, but I know some people can't live with certain kinds of guilt.

Then again, with all the pyromaniacs, anal-rapists, sadists, and supposed military commandos in this thread, I'm guessing no one cares about guilt anyway. Besides who would feel guilty towards someone plagiarizes? Not I.

Based on the way he looks, I have a feeling OCR's example-making of him will cause something nothing short of a suicide :|.

You know what? If stealing entire albums to make himself look good, and then getting caught is going to drive him to the edge, then he is obviously fucked-up enough that anything will be the last straw.

People like that are why there are suicide prevention lines, support groups, and this thing called "family", where people you know for a long time look at you and think that something is wrong.

If he has any balls, he'd admit he was wrong, clear out all of Skrypnyk's stuff and start making his own original stuff. Anything other than that is his personal issues, and not our problem.

EDIT: Checking out his other YouTube videos, he claims the following as from his album:

Can you confirm as yours, Skrypnyk?

If he has any balls, he'd admit he was wrong, clear out all of Skrypnyk's stuff and start making his own original stuff.

and really, that's all I'm asking. a simple 'lol you got me i'mma take everything down now' is all I'm asking.

EDIT: Checking out his other YouTube videos, he claims the following as from his album:

Can you confirm as yours, Skrypnyk?

that song is not mine.

I don't see how at this moment, but OK!

I don't think anyone deserves to have a personal visit from Nekofrog. That's like whipping out a pair of handguns to deal with something at a flyswatter would be good enough for.

No, no, we should take this time to experiment. Neko should go cut this kid's hair and see if his personality changes.