OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

I'm not going to look back but it was basically something I felt implied a desire for different input, or at least acknowledged that there could be different input. So I made input. Understand? :)

I do understand now, but I maintain that if plagiarism is acceptable to you on any level, then you have a flawed perspective.

I have the perspective of perspective.

Is killing acceptable on any level? People have argued over that probably before time was recorded.

Is theft ever ok? Can you say for sure? Let alone dictate it to other people?

Well, let me rephrase that. You can say and dictate, especially if you have power. But who decides when you dictate, and whom you dictate against? It pretty much depends on what can be practically applied. Like who has the bigger guns. >.<

I'm not trying to be combative or argumentative, but I just don't get why you keep throwing needless philosophy on a black-and-white issue. What does killing have to do with anything?

Is stealing someone's work ever OK? No, it is not. Why are you so intent on making it clear that you think it's acceptable?

I suppose I may be putting words in your your mouth a bit, but I'm going by the logic that if it doesn't concern you, then that means you don't mind. And if you don't mind, that means it's acceptable to you. If you don't mind that your house is on fire, then it can also be said that it is acceptable that you're house is burning down.

We're not talking about some kid playing virtual Robin Hood with our music, we're talking about someone stealing our property for their own. And you can't seriously expect that saying "Oh, why should I care" is going to sound logical or well-founded.

Going back to your original statement on the matter, you said

But yeah, personally I don't care (as far as my work is concerned).

and then directly contradicted yourself in the next sentences.

I always post any work I give away on youtube, that way I can prove 'prior art' because it is clearly timestamped, and I don't really care about credit if I don't know I've been robbed in the first place. Of course if I find out, I'd clear it up, but that's if I find it. I'm not looking.

Sounds to me like you do care, otherwise why bother timestamping it at all (which isn't necessarily 100% effective) or bothering to clear it up once you have found out? Nobody here really tries to go out LOOKING for people who have stolen their work, 99% of the time it's just found through coincidence or happenstance. But it's still completely ridiculous to not care on any level, whether you know about it or not. That's essentially justifying robbery as long as the victims don't find out about it. Since you seem to enjoy speculating on "the principle(s) of the matter(s)" in your discussions, I'm just surprised that you're turning a blind eye to the principle of this matter, which is that stealing credit for someone else's work is dishonest, wrong, potentially harmful, and therefore unacceptable.

Again, not trying to be combative, but I am desperately struggling to figure out which way your ticker is circling and why.

The ticker circles whatever way it sees fit at the time.

It's ironic, really, that you seem to expect me to have certain values. Certain ARBITRARY values. Only humans care about what humans care about. Everything 'human' comes from perspective. You saying stealing is never ok is JUST AS MUCH PERSPECTIVE as me saying it sometimes is ok.

Who is right? It depends on one's own perspective. You telling me I could be wrong is just as irrational IF NOT MORE irrational than me 'throwing philosophy on black and white issues'. Issues which are not black and white. You only think they are black and white, which is your perspective.

So what you say is just as strange as what I say, but you just don't know it.

*Sigh* It is clear to me that like to say things just for the sake of saying things and philosophize as if you are on some sort of plane of higher thinking. Coupled with your inconsistency, I just can't touch any of that. Feel free to keep enjoying your system of thinking. I wish you the best of luck with it. I'm out.

I'm on-board with Skrypnyk: This thread is about "reporting" plagiarism, not arguing the finer philosophical points of what constitutes appropriateness and acceptability of said plagiarism...wait, don't we have a whole forum dedicated to philosophical arguments about stuff?

<--- is a smart-ass

For now, back to the castration.

Maybe I am on a plane of higher thinking - though I in no way claim to be. The question is would you be able to recognize it if you haven't been there?

Also consider I wouldn't have done this had I not been challenged. More than once. You are imposing on me as I impose on you.

This entire thread is imposing something. It's just aimed at people who will tend to agree with it, which makes it a good place for exploration. It's not like it hurts anything in a practical sense. But I guess since I am such a minority, I'm doomed to have this sort of thing happen.

The thread's aimed for people to speak up when someone steals their stuff so that we can do something about it... I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. Just saying :tomatoface:

The thread's aimed for people to speak up when someone steals their stuff so that we can do something about it... I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. Just saying :tomatoface:

I went back and did some cleanup.

If thread integrity is the issue, I'd hope others don't mind doing the same.

Thank you!

I went back and did some cleanup.

If thread integrity is the issue, I'd hope others don't mind doing the same.

Thank you!

BCG quoted you in every one of his posts.

Unfortunately deleting your posts just makes it look like you were trying to save face. The right way to do this would have been to get a mod to split this thread at Page 53 (or whatever) and put it into PPR and title it, "Plagiarism".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/266749

I would like to thank Improbability for calmly telling this user that he's fffffffffffffffull of shit.

His other tracks aren't by him it seems too.

And for the record, no I did not register to newgrounds and no I do not reside in Montreal =\

Hey there, I'm an audio moderator over at newgrounds, so if there are any more plagurism issues regarding our site, please get in touch with me via a PM on Newgrounds (if you have an account) or an e-mail at khuskan [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll flag it up on our system to be reviewed. I'll backtrack this thread a bit and see if there are any more issues.

The track in question is now flagged and the account will be dealt with by the administration team as soon as possible.

Note that any tracks that have been credited in a flash or game submission on the Newgrounds system may take slightly longer to process.

Hey there, I'm an audio moderator over at newgrounds, so if there are any more plagurism issues regarding our site, please get in touch with me via a PM on Newgrounds (if you have an account) or an e-mail at khuskan [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll flag it up on our system to be reviewed. I'll backtrack this thread a bit and see if there are any more issues.

The track in question is now flagged and the account will be dealt with by the administration team as soon as possible.

Note that any tracks that have been credited in a flash or game submission on the Newgrounds system may take slightly longer to process.

I'm actually glad that someone from there took the time to come by and tell us what they are doing about it. At least a half dozen times a year, someone on NG shows up and tries to get away with it, and we tell NG what's going on.

So, thanks for showing up and helping out.

Offtopic: If're you're the same Khuskan who made 'Atomic', just wanted to say that track is one of my favourite :D. Funky stuff.

I'm actually glad that someone from there took the time to come by and tell us what they are doing about it. At least a half dozen times a year, someone on NG shows up and tries to get away with it, and we tell NG what's going on.

So, thanks for showing up and helping out.

It's only doing us favours to branch out and let people know where to get into contact with issues like this!

Even with our fairly large moderation team, we don't have a complete list of all copyrighted tracks on the face of the earth, and especially in the low-profile cases such as plagiarizing freely released music, normally the few people that notice have no idea how to go about getting the problem solved. There are likely a hell of a lot more than a half dozen stolen uploads a year on NG, today alone I've banned about 10 users...

Offtopic: If're you're the same Khuskan who made 'Atomic', just wanted to say that track is one of my favourite :D. Funky stuff.

Haha, thanks!

It's only doing us favours to branch out and let people know where to get into contact with issues like this!

Even with our fairly large moderation team, we don't have a complete list of all copyrighted tracks on the face of the earth, and especially in the low-profile cases such as plagiarizing freely released music, normally the few people that notice have no idea how to go about getting the problem solved. There are likely a hell of a lot more than a half dozen stolen uploads a year on NG, today alone I've banned about 10 users...

Great work, I also am glad to see this happening. Hopefully they will learn!

http://chronodestiny.newgrounds.com/audio/

This guy has already been reported on NG, but mods haven't taken action yet, apparently. He has posted songs by bLiNd, SgtRama (lol), Siamey and Nav, as if he made them. Moreover, he actually claimed HE HIMSELF was bLiNd.

OCR flame crew, go!

Hahaha! I'm not even sure if he's claiming to be the artist, but in his responses to comments, he makes it seem like he represents OCR. That's awesome. :lol: