Anime

Gafgarion

Well i can't say I am too well-versed in anime but i have been craving some lately, so... Can anyone here who knows there stuff give me any recommendations of anything that has lots of swords?

I have a thing for swords.

Well i can't say I am too well-versed in anime but i have been craving some lately, so... Can anyone here who knows there stuff give me any recommendations of anything that has lots of swords?

Inuyasha? Bleach? Yu Yu Hakusho? I don't know if there's an anime purely based on swords, but these ones have prominent characters using various types of swords. x_x

<-- also not TOO well versed in anime

If you haven't seen it, Samurai Champloo is always good.

Bleach is terrible.

not true

bleach is awesome if you're like me and like anything that is similar to dragon ball z

this also extends to naruto and one piece

that's right everyone I'm saying that all three of those series are good

not true

bleach is awesome if you're like me and like anything that is similar to dragon ball z

this also extends to naruto and one piece

that's right everyone I'm saying that all three of those series are good

One Piece got 9000x better once Funimation got their hands on it.

not true

this, but manga doesn't result in flashbacks (if the anime had any, I forgot)

also watch gurren lagann. was someone asking for recommendations? I just saw a bunch of "samurai champloo is awesome" so I'm just assuming. If there's one thing in the world that can defeat goku, it's gurren lagann

I actually just finished watching Gurren Lagann (free on Youtube? YES PLZ). It was alright, but not great. Simon was a pretty weak protagonist until about episode 20 or so, and while the secondary characters generally made up for it, there were a bunch of episodes (9/10 and about 16-20) that just made me want to stab things. Gainax needs to learn that mecha protagonists should go from awesome in the beginning to AWESOME!!! at the end, not from sorta lame in the beginning to awesome by the end.

Gurren Lagann was entertaining overall, but I'd still recommend G Gundam for your hotblooded beyond-the-impossible awesome incarnate. (Zoids New Century Zero is also a good choice for that purpose, though it can't compete with either G Gundam or Gurren Lagann for sheer ridiculousness.)

Plus, Gurren Lagann's epilogue was just sorta weird. Kinda made the entire thing feel a little pointless.

If you haven't seen it, Samurai Champloo is always good.

I love champloo! I have all the DVD's except the last one.

But yeah... what I've seen Bleach was okay but kind of "meh" i thought but hey maybe I'll give it another shot.

I was going to devote my evening to some games but hey maybe I'll go ahead and watch some stuff.

A Certain Scientific Railgun (or Toaru Kagaku no Railgun if you want to be all Japanesey) was a decent show. The finale was too cliché, but what do you expect from a show that has a girl that can fire object from her fingertips at twenty times the speed of sound?

There's some unabashed fan service in a few episodes, but it's mostly contained to one episode where the various female characters do a swimming suit photo spread for no reason.

One of the better highlights of the series is the episode where Kuroko shows why she's not to be fucked with. Seriously. She's a fucking force.