Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djpretzel

OC ReMix Joins SquareSound for Uematsu Arrangement Competition!

69 posts in this topic

The other day i was mucking 'round on the web and found the web page for this competition. registered and then got off. But now whenever i try to load the site up, it says it doesn't exist anymore any help on this problem would be nice. Thanx

The other day i was mucking 'round on the web and found the web page for this competition. registered and then got off. But now whenever i try to load the site up, it says it doesn't exist anymore any help on this problem would be nice. Thanx

Same here, since yesterday afternoon squaresound has been timing out.

Yes, our server has been down for the past 24 hours or so. Apparently, there's some kind of hardware issue that they're working on.

if i arrange a piece for more than one instrument and have it performed, does that count as a collaboration?

if i arrange a piece for more than one instrument and have it performed, does that count as a collaboration?

Can't speak for Tim, but I'd believe so. All part of the aspect of using more than one person potentially being viewed as an unfair advantage.

I'd like to register but the site is still down. Registration ends tomorrow; I hope it gets extended. I guess I should PM tim19.

The deadline will be extended. This was the absolute worst time for a server crash. I'm hoping to have everything up again today sometime, and I've already purchased a server from a more reliable company to replace this one. All PMs have been replied to, and I'll make sure you can all still enter. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey guys, just to let you know that the site is now back up permanently (fingers crossed).

Yep, things are back up with just a few bugs. The deadline for registering is now January 26th.

This should be fixed shortly, but in the meantime, I adjusted the registration link to just send me an email. If anyone wants to register now, just send me an email at tim at squaresound.com and I'll get you registered. Please include your full name.

The site is almost completely up; the captcha images don't work, so I still can't register. :(

It's On!!!!!!!!

Whew, I finally finished. The email went out at exactly 12:00am! I hope that isn't too late (I had some last minute production issues). I wish I started earlier yesterday. I spent all of today from 11am till now finishing this, skipping dinner. I went down to the last minute. It was fun though.

Can't wait to check out all of the entries and get down to business. I'm definitely looking forward to what the peoples cooked up.

Well... damn. Oh, well. I guess I missed the deadline.

Can't wait to check out all of the entries and get down to business. I'm definitely looking forward to what the peoples cooked up.

You go! If you hear anything that sounds like it'd be great for OCR, take a mental note ;-)

Good luck to everyone, but special wishes (OMG OCR BIAS) to da OC ReMixer entrants!

Yea, me too. Judging this should be fun. :)

It's goin DOWN!

Anyone think (or, better yet, know if) there will be results today? :)

Anyone think (or, better yet, know if) there will be results today? :)

Scores are due tomorrow, so sometime VERY sooner after the 16th, I gather. I've still got 10 more to score, and am working diligently. I took Valentine's Day off.

It's goin DOWN!

The results are now posted on http://www.squaresound.com, and zircon is the winner! Congrats zircon, I absolutely loved your arrangement and thought it was the most deserving to win (even though I wasn't a judge). Obviously, the real judges agreed with me. I've sent Zircon an email with all the details about the prizes. I want to thank Larry for doing an excellent job judging, David for helping us promote the competition and for providing the FF7:VOTL CDs, and all those in the community that participated. I truly appreciate it!