prophetik music

I want to build you a computer

511 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2016 at 10:47 PM, Anorax said:

That machine looks absolutely stunning!

thanks man! it was a ton of fun to build. i never get to do more interesting builds like this so it was a cool experience. i'm glad i talked him into it =P

That's my computer! =D

For anyone seeing this thread thinking about having a computer built, Brad was awesome!

I just got a job out of school and actually have disposable income now so I wanted a custom-built computer. I know virtually nothing about hardware, and Brad answered all of my countless questions, and also offered a lot of other great advice and feedback. 10/10 would buy again.

Hey Brad, I hate to bother you about this, but my ASUS optical disk drive (DRW-24B1ST) is no longer recognized by my system, even though it has power and all connections seem to be fine. I can't find any drivers, so I'm not sure how to approach this issue.

8 hours ago, Anorax said:

Hey Brad, I hate to bother you about this, but my ASUS optical disk drive (DRW-24B1ST) is no longer recognized by my system, even though it has power and all connections seem to be fine. I can't find any drivers, so I'm not sure how to approach this issue.

i'll send you a PM with a few suggestions.

just bumping this up. i am still doing computers, and recently did builds for two different active remixers =) let me know if you're interested.

Meteo Xavier likes this

HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE YOU MONKEY-ASS MOTHE...

*Sees it's 4:40AM while still not being finished with work.*

Oh, that's why I'm getting cranky and insane. Carry on then, computer man.

I do believe I'm one of the two recent builds, and yes, I'm loving the new system! Great work! You get my recommendation for sure.

prophetik music likes this

On 6/9/2017 at 2:30 PM, prophetik music said:

just bumping this up. i am still doing computers, and recently did builds for two different active remixers =) let me know if you're interested.

I kept meaning to as you about this during the week, but Stardew Valley keeps sucking up my free time! I'm definitely in the market for a new machine!

A more serious post now:

This is not yet a current need I have, but sooner or later I'll have to replace my current awesome desktop with yet another new one down the road and I'd like to get one that has a pretty good recording sound card in it now that I'm expanding into hardware recording (from a Roland XV-5050 and Sound Canvas 88 Pro) and will need something that further cleans up processed audio and handles latency better.

Is that the sort of custom work you do, Brad?

yeah, meteo, i can do that. just shoot me a pm when you're ready with what you want, and what your budget is, and we'll go from there.

dusk, i'll send you a pm =D or just message me on skype!

got two builds for OCR folks incoming, one of whom isn't listed in the thread. looking forward to getting the parts and playing with more tech =)

djpretzel, Anorax and yangfeili like this