OCR01389 - Ecco: The Tides of Time (GG) "Fury of Medusa"

djpretzel

Yeah good ,another Ecco remix ..there sure is need for some more.

This one Sadorf manages to pull off quite nicely in fact. With some of his usual techno/trance stylish beats. Although it may sound abit generic and dull on yer first listenthrough..the melody sticks after like 4-5 repeats ,it did with me. So in conclusion :

Quite repetetive but still addictive and generic for the brain. But not in a bad way . (gosh i sound like i'm trying to review an old Amiga game tune). :oops:

Give it a chance like i did 8)

We need more boom shick indeed, and sadorf has delivered. I've seen him work on this song since the first version that got posted here, and it really surprised me that he could take the same song, and re-remix it in a totally different way. This remix is catchy, fun, and sounds tight. I know how much sadorf worked on this to make it sound professional and all the work paid off at the end, Nice work.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Solid production and very authentic late-90's sound. The melody is perfect for the style, and there is just enough variation to keep it rockin. The panning synth really adds a lot, sometimes supporting the main melody, sometimes creating texture and counterpoint.

I didn't like the ending at all, as it is just a weak cut-out; but the mix up until the last note was awesome. Straightforward, but very solid and not at all boring.

Excellent stuff, and extremely catchy.

edit: I was planning on reviewing some other tracks but i can't stop listening to this one. :o

I love it.

• 1 year later...

The structure of the song is very literal. It doesn't shake things up. It's pretty stationary.

...And the sound is just amazing nonetheless. I can't say I don't enjoy it because it's been one of my favorite videogame remixes for a very long time. Probably a good thing it's not extremely long, else it might border on grating, but it does what it came to do, gets it done and leaves the building. And it does it very well.

• 2 years later...

When I heard Sadorf subbed this, I squealed like a little fangirl. Medusa Mix was always one of my favorite mixes, but this... this is wonderful. It's hard to describe everything about this track that makes me enjoy it so much. The way you can tell Sadorf got so much better since Medusa Mix yet still touched back on that style really gives this mix a class that a lot of other mixes just can't match imo. It's like a sequel; An extremely well-done sequel to an already great story.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01389 - Ecco: The Tides of Time (GG) "Fury of Medusa"