Black_Doom

The project crew:

• Director: Black_Doom
  • Co-director: Jorito
  • Visual Artist: Odai
  • And a bunch of talented musicians!

Screen+Shot+3.png

Disc 1:

1. Jorito feat. HankTheSpankTankJankerson, Trev - Gotta Start From Somewhere [Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN) - Title, Invincible, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Title]
  2. Jorito feat. Final Kingdom, Tuberz McGee, Furilas, Azzykay316 - Speeding Towards Adventure [Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN) - Green Hill Zone]
  3. Eino Keskitalo - Siilin melankolia [Sonic the Hedgehog (GG) - Bridge Zone, Green Hill Zone]
  4. Marvin Valentin - My Frozen Gallery [Sonic Lost World - Frozen Factory Zone]
  5. YamaYama - Trouble in Watertown [Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Hydrocity Zone: Act 2]
  6. DusK - Hedgehog Elimination Engine [Sonic & Knuckles - Boss]
  7. Sterbo708 - The Power of Choices [Sonic Advance 3 - Options]
  8. zykO - The Long War [Sonic the  Hedgehog 2 (GEN) - Oil Ocean Zone]
  9. WillRock - Electromotive Skyforce [Sonic & Knuckles - Flying Battery Zone: Act 1]
  10. Unknown Alias - Zero Unit's Remainig [Sonic Adventure - Theme of E-102 Gamma]

Disc 2:

1. Pl511 - Never Fear the Fall [Sonic '06 - His World]
  2. Audiocolor - The Path Less Trampled [Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Competition Menu, File Select]
  3. Tuberz McGee - By the Seaside [Sonic Heroes - Seaside Hill]
  4. jnWake - Chemical Fusion [Sonic the hedgehog 2 (GEN) - Chemical Plant Zone]
  5. Faseeh, Jorito feat. Joshua Taipale - Minecart Adventures [Sonic Rush Adventure - Coral Cave: Act 1]
  6. Bowlerhat feat. audio fidelity - Underwater Jog [Sonic Colors - Aquarium Park - Act 1]
  7. Sbeast - Of Cruelty and Mustache [Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GEN) - Boss Theme]
  8. HeavenWraith - Pax Eggmanica -Sear & Reave- [Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN) - Scrap Brain Zone]
  9. Chernabogue feat. Furilas, Tuberz McGee, HankTheSpankTankJankerson - Skabotnik [Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Final Boss]
  10. KingTiger - The Light at the End [Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Ending]

Disc 3 - Bonus:

1. Jorito feat. Tuberz McGee, Furilas, Azzykay316 - Speeding Towards Adventure (Instrumental) [Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN) - Green Hill Zone]
  2. Tuberz McGee - By the Seaside (Instrumental) [Sonic Heroes - Seaside Hill]
  3. KingTiger - The Light at the End (Club Edit) [Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Ending]

While it's nice to do something for Sonic for its 25th, I think restricting it to places and music pieces covered in Sonic Generations would instead make the whole thing feel locked to just one game instead of being a full-on tribute.

If you want my take in this, what the Mega Man 25 album did was allowed artists free reign out of a selection of games, provided each game out of that selection would get 2 or 3 arrangements out of it. I'd say that the artists should have more creative freedom over what source they want to cover, as long as there's 2 or 3 tracks for each game represented.

Just my two cents :wink:

While it's nice to do something for Sonic for its 25th, I think restricting it to places and music pieces covered in Sonic Generations would instead make the whole thing feel locked to just one game instead of being a full-on tribute.

If you want my take in this, what the Mega Man 25 album did was allowed artists free reign out of a selection of games, provided each game out of that selection would get 2 or 3 arrangements out of it. I'd say that the artists should have more creative freedom over what source they want to cover, as long as there's 2 or 3 tracks for each game represented.

Just my two cents :wink:

Actually, I've thought about it a lot before... Maybe, you're right :wink: P.S. Would you like to claim something?

That might be interesting :3 plus considering it's gonna be something like 2 years from now, it will give some time to work hard on the tunes :3 I'm a little unsure on what to pick up tough :/ I might need to look up in the "Club Needlemouse Scrapped Tracks Bin" for reference :P I'll claim my tune asap.

Anyway, throw me in :D

Whooooaaaa. I think we're jumping to this way too quickly. It seems Sanic is all that pops up on ocremix. I mean, that's clearly not the case, but honestly I feel I hear more about Sonic remixes than anything else.

I'm all for this, but honestly we don't need to constantly just be jumping right into Sonic projects. I think this could be cool, but yeah, like Rexy said, let's take this really slow right now.

Really, instead of recruiting, I think what you should be doing is generating interest. See how many people are interested in doing this. Also be aware of what you're getting into. Directing an album (and from what I'm thinking, this one could be considerably large) is a huge task to take on.

Whooooaaaa. I think we're jumping to this way too quickly. It seems Sanic is all that pops up on ocremix. I mean, that's clearly not the case, but honestly I feel I hear more about Sonic remixes than anything else.

I'm all for this, but honestly we don't need to constantly just be jumping right into Sonic projects. I think this could be cool, but yeah, like Rexy said, let's take this really slow right now.

Really, instead of recruiting, I think what you should be doing is generating interest. See how many people are interested in doing this. Also be aware of what you're getting into. Directing an album (and from what I'm thinking, this one could be considerably large) is a huge task to take on.

Well is not a bad point, actually. Also given the circumstance that the 25th anniversary would be in 2 years or so will surely give some time to generate interest first and then also give the chance to grab a track calmly and choose it with criteria.

Yeah, I know that directing an album is hard, but I've written that I need a director/co-director, just because I'll leave Moscow for the whole summer. Also, I think that 2 years is enough to gather a lot of people, to polish all the tracks and etc. But I don't rush anything, because you can enter the project whenever you want until it's close to be released.

Edited by Black_Doom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Popping here once again to say that if there is found no peron to co-direct this album until June 1st, I'll have to pause this project. If you want to co-direct this album, please, PM me. :-D

Creating a project and knowing you'll have to leave it for 1+ month isn't a good way to start. You should try again once you're back, and think about your strategy and the production of the album. Directing an album is a difficult task, and getting it done and released is even harder.

Creating a project and knowing you'll have to leave it for 1+ month isn't a good way to start. You should try again once you're back, and think about your strategy and the production of the album. Directing an album is a difficult task, and getting it done and released is even harder.

Yeah... But I supposed that I woub be able to find someone. And, of course, I should have thought much better about directing. Well, I have the whole summer to think about album, hehe. :)

I'm willing to help co-direct/manage this project while you're gone, but I HIGHLY suggest you take the advice of everyone else and start slow with this. We have 2+ years, and Sonic has a huge fanbase.

If anything, this will help me get hands-on experience for when I want to head a Mega Man Battle Network project.

I'm willing to help co-direct/manage this project while you're gone, but I HIGHLY suggest you take the advice of everyone else and start slow with this. We have 2+ years, and Sonic has a huge fanbase.

If anything, this will help me get hands-on experience for when I want to head a Mega Man Battle Network project.

Man, I higly appreciate your help! And, of course, I've already understood how recklessly I started this project. :tomatoface:

I think this could be awesome, if executed correctly. As suggested before, about three tracks per game would suffice. Also, if possible, I think it would be cool to give every era it's own disc. This would potentially mean three or four CD's, but I think that will surely tie everything together. Finding mixers for that, well, that's an entirely different matter... I'm no mixer, but I'm willing to offer any help you need :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic