CyberSkull

The OCR catalog on MusicBrainz

15 posts in this topic

MusicBrainz now has support for series, which let you catalog sets of similar items. So, I've created the catalog of the OverClocked ReMix series! Now there is a place to catalog the entirety of the OCR recordings.

There are two ways to add a recording to the series: On the recording you want to add, click on "edit", then "add relation", then choose "Series" for the type and search for "OverClocked ReMix" (ocr will also work), after selecting the series, add the catalog number in the number field (OCR012345 or whatever it is). Click on "Enter Edit" at the bottom of the page to finalize your edit.

The other way is to go to the series and choose "edit" then scroll to the bottom and click on "add another recording". Then search for the recording you want to add, and then put in the number as described above and click done. You can add another if you wish or hit "Enter Edit" at the bottom of the page to finalize your edit.

Edited by CyberSkull
grammar & instructions

I've hit somewhere around 20% by now, I've gotten most of the "low hanging fruit" done (OCR releases from albums).

Your dedication to good metadata makes me cry tears of joy.

I enjoy a well formatted file.

I just wanted to say, I've been subscribed to myself and other friends on MusicBrainz for years now, and I've always been a fan of your work.

I just wanted to say, I've been subscribed to myself and other friends on MusicBrainz for years now, and I've always been a fan of your work.

Thanks! The MB update this month has made adding relations much easier, please help out! I can't do this on my own :wink:

As of right now, it looks like the catalog is up to 560 recordings.

Edited by CyberSkull
I can't count good.

OCR 2001 to 2500 are all fingerprinted and in MusicBrainz! :grin:

And just about all of 2001 to 2500 should be in the OCR series as well! :)

There's still about 1000 ReMixes that aren't in the site yet, I really can't do this on my own. :puppyeyes:

There's 3,108 ReMixes cataloged now. What would really help is a list of all the expunged OCR IDs, so I don't have to go hunting down each gap in the series.

djpretzel likes this

There's 3,108 ReMixes cataloged now. What would really help is a list of all the expunged OCR IDs, so I don't have to go hunting down each gap in the series.

1. Does this help? http://ocremix.org/info/ReMix_Changelog
  2. Otherwise I can code an SQL query of some kind to get just the gaps, in CSV/XML or whatever works
  3. I'd love to add MusicBrainz references for all the mixes, on our side... is it possible to get a spreadsheet/CSV/XML of the full list? ReMix URL should be enough for an ID, and then the MusicBrainz URL?
  4. Really appreciate the meticulous & thorough work!

1. Does this help? http://ocremix.org/info/ReMix_Changelog
  2. Otherwise I can code an SQL query of some kind to get just the gaps, in CSV/XML or whatever works
  3. I'd love to add MusicBrainz references for all the mixes, on our side... is it possible to get a spreadsheet/CSV/XML of the full list? ReMix URL should be enough for an ID, and then the MusicBrainz URL?
  4. Really appreciate the meticulous & thorough work!

1. Yes.
  2. I don't need that as long as the changelist has all the expunged IDs.
  3. You only need the MBID, then you can pull the data from the web API. I'd recommend that you search for entities with OCR URLs to get the MBIDs you need.
  4. Your welcome. :D
djpretzel likes this

All remixers should be listed in MusicBrainz. Most remixers will have at least 2 pages, one for their real name and 1 for each stage name actually used.

pu_freak and djpretzel like this