Old 03-16-2010, 05:39 AM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR02003 - Donkey Kong Country 2 'A New Place'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Jade Lee Aguirre, ARMed and DANGerous Director
Little Mac (+900)

YESSSSSSSSSSS I been waiting on this F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

I love this song. :]
Old 03-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Double the Trouble! Co-Director
Goomba (+100)

This is so far my favorite remix. It turned out exactly how I thought it would (no lie, ever since I heard it was a duet between Diddy and Dixie I made the track in my head... and it sounds nearly just like it).

A definite 10/10 to everyone who worked on this.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

I can't stop listening to this song! I love everything about it, even the corny lyrics. They just work wonderfully well. I'm grateful for the opportunity to get music of this caliber free of charge, and everyone else should be too. Thanks! =)
Old 03-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Brook Wells
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

Seriously this is one sexy song.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

Only four songs in, and this is probably going to be one of my top three favorite songs on this album! I mean, come on, I've waited for this track ever since I saw the ReMixers doing it! Nicole and Injury, the amazing girls that did my favorite OCR song Permutation doing another DKC song with Tepid's work and Ault's sweet vocals added. It's a good day, indeed! I never imagined this as a vocal song, but the justice brought onto it was so better than I would have thought. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to hear it on the radio, because the music and lyrics flow so well. Much ReSpect to the ReMixers of this project.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Great vocals and atmosphere, and some nice guitar playing as well. Some good subtle touches, like the strings doubling some of the electric lead parts, and the ethereal backing vocals. Great track by all involved, I love it.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Kraid (+1200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

This song is surprisingly my favorite on the Serious Monkey Business Album. The vocal work is simply amazing and some classic bass and pad patches are choosen to create a beautiful track of ambience. The chord progression in C minor was an absolutely fantastic idea. For some really strange reason though, this kind of reminds me of something that would play on newer Smallville episodes as it has kind of a depressing yet hopeful drama feel to it. The drums are minimal yet keep things flowing nicely. Although I miss the bass-line of the original which is always thrown in a remix, the way the melody rolls over the pads will always keep me playing this one on repeat. And yes, I find the lyrics a little cheesy, but the simpler a song of love a friendship is written, the better and catchier it is. Although it's good for what it was, the only thing negative I can give is that the ending leaves me begging for more.

9.7/10

Last edited by A-RoN; 03-16-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Tyler Carson
Mega Man (+1000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

This is some triple-A music. Awesome song thats technically impressive from all angles while still sounding great as a cohesive whole. Great work!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Octorok (+200)

Send a message via AIM to Pogo
I was pretty disappointed when I realized that this particular song had been ReMixed with vocals. Don't get me wrong: they're very well done. I usually play a long list of songs, and I have a tendency to skip to the next song if any part loses me. With Serious Monkey Business, I used the torrent and promised myself I would hear every song through to the end. Otherwise, I would likely have skipped this song as soon as the vocals began.

I had hoped that this song would be arranged without vocals, just because it's such a favorite and I couldn't imagine any lyrics being appropriate for the track. There are a lot of great vocal tracks on this site, but one runs the risk of being considered "too corny" or changing the perception of the song. The choice of words, rhyming attempts (or sometimes lack thereof), and actual quality of vocals can put a song at risk.

Still, I listened to it, and my disappointment dissolved. Sure, it still turned out to be corny, but the overall theme of it is exactly what I needed to hear.

Overall, an awesome piece. High-fives all around, and let's hear some more from NicAd soon!

Tags
guitar, lyrics-original, mellow, singing, vocals-female, vocals-male, electronic