Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Bad Dude (+500)

So are we calling another one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeSword View Post
I think I'm just going to close this out.

As for winners vs. losers, let's just call (Willrock) Phonetic Hero and (Zircon) Theory of N eternal rivals. We good with that?
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Pete Lepley, Temporal Duality Asst. Director
Mario (+1400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlouge82 View Post
So are we calling another one of these?
Just be patient man, both of us have all kinds of stuff going on musically and irl. I promise it's coming

not to mention no shortage of coordination nightmares. Additional explanation with end product

Bandcamp Soundcloud Facebook Twitter

Last edited by Phonetic Hero; 02-13-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:39 AM
Bad Dude (+500)

I wasn't trying to be facetious or anything, I was really serious. It had been over a month since anything was posted, and probably over two months since we knew what was happening with the compo definitively.

If things are still going to finish, great, I can't way to hear the final mixes!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 AM
Shariq Ansari, Judge, Moderator, For Everlasting Peace Director
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkesword View Post
spoke with ph at mag. Don't worry guys, there's a plan. Gmrb has not been abandoned.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Darren Smith
Goomba (+100)

Its kinda sad. I came back to this thread thinking people were signing up again for this year and found out the last competition hasn't been finalized yet lol Good luck to all involved whenever this contest actually ends.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Shariq Ansari, Judge, Moderator, For Everlasting Peace Director
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Hello everyone.

Around the beginning of the year at MAGFest, I spoke to Phonetic Hero and he talked to me about finishing this competition out. He and ToN decided to go with Mortal-Kombat-esque "friendship" ending; that is to say, rather than making two mixes and having people vote, it would be easier for them to collaborate on one awesome remix. They sent me the track a night or two ago and I've included it in the GMRB2012 archival release which will be available in the first post of this thread in a few minutes.

The archival release is every entry re-encoded and retagged for metadata consistency. It also includes the badge graphics. I hope everyone enjoys listening to these tracks again. I think everyone did a really great job, and I'm sorry that the schedule got so out of whack (I blame Hurricane Sandy). People really brought their A-game (as they always do), and I'm really proud of everyone who participated, especially the folks who were initially unsure of their mixing abilities.

Our next competition in the CapCompo Series will be this summer. We'll be doing another Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet, with a little bit of a twist that I don't want to give away. Some of you out there know what's going to be happening, so please don't tell anyone if you do. There's still a few months until then, so in the mean time make sure you check out the other competitions that are happening here on the forums.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Nathan Becker
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeSword View Post
We'll be doing another Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet
awwwww yeahhhhhh
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Matt Keller, Temporal Duality Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Awesome final collab track pH and ToN! And yeeeeeah another WCRG sounds great! I wonder what the twist will be!?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:59 AM
Chrono (+800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Congrats to the winners? Or something like that

I have no idea what a Wily Gauntlet is but I may participate even if I barely know Mega Man (not X) series' music.

Also, if anybody's interested, I'll do better versions of my 2 entries for the competition and will post them on my Soundcloud when they're done.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 AM
Taylor Lyndis, Audio Engineering Director
Big Boss (+6000)

Needs more Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet

but yeah glad to hear this wound up finished, finally. look forward to the next WCRG

@Wake: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet tasks remixers with forming teams of three, each choosing a Robot Master's theme as with the Grand Robot Master Remix Battle. Each week, DarkeSword picks a Wily Castle theme from a random Mega Man title (e.g. MM2 Wily Stage 1, MM9 We're the Robots, MM10 Abandoned Memory); the teams pick someone from their team to take the stage that week and create a song combining both their Robot Master theme with the Wily Castle theme of that week.

That's the gist of it, and I look forward to seeing what twist Darke has in mind this time. :3

<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere