Forums

1. Community

1. Announcements

Site News & Updates

Discussion of the OC ReMix community, video games, music, and other related topics.

Ludomusicology, analysis, research, & discussion of VGM

Design, database, & associated technical discussion of the OC ReMix website.

1. Music Composition & Production

Discussion of making music, including composition, production, and gear.

Post your works-in-progress or completed remixes of video game music here for feedback.

Post your works-in-progress or completed original music or remixes of non-VGM here for feedback.

Post your original non-musical work, including drawings, photography, writing, and videos.

Participate in various remixing competitions, or start your own.

Discussion of OC ReMix projects, including albums and community initiatives.

Recruit for a project you're starting, or find someone to collaborate with on a remix!

Request a song that you'd like to hear remixed.

1. ReMix Reviews & Comments

Review and comment on OC ReMixes.

Review and comment on OC ReMix's albums.

A public viewing of the Judges Panel's decisions on submitted ReMixes.
      See our Currently in the Judging Process dashboard for a live view into what's on the Judges Panel.

• just to go full hippie: i dearly hope we grow enough as a species to find these fangled new things boring soon enough and deepen our spiritual bond in a sense that we know doing it ourselves is infinitely superior. as far as personal development. i honestly despise good ol' JRE for jumping on the "hey, can't be avoided" bandwagon (because musk is his buddy/influencer/handler?) just think how many kids will never pick up a pencil because stabul diffushun can do it betta. (not that it necessarily can but it sure will seem like it to any 10 yr old trying for realism.) i think we all need to wake up a bit to accurately portray to non-artists why this whole AI thing is so bad for the arts. or at least, potentially bad.   like, i include myself. i don't wanna do a moralistic sermon. i just *feel* how bad this development is but i wanna do some deep thinking to be able to better express why i feel so very bad about this. "hey, can't be avoided someone's gonna build it anyway" is just so cheap and binary. yes they will. but everyone's philosophical stance and how they express it WILL determine how dominant these tools will become in everyday human expression. ideally, A.I. should be developed, if at all, in a peaceful period where the whole world can come together and do public philosophy over pandora's box. why, do you think, is the diametrical opposite the case?   HM.  
    • I keep trying to write something here, but the words are not able to say what I am feeling. This song hit hard and its awesome.
    • so i've been back to northern italy for 3 weeks, and these two bits are about as much as i've been able to cook up here regarding remixes. (feeling pretty lethargic here lol) darkworld1.mp3   smwjank1.mp3   it's not so much, but i did finally incorporate my hardware synths into something. i've had these for years and never used em much. a behringer deep mind 6, microfreak and behringer WASP. all three in use in the zelda bit, only the DM6 in the SMW credits theme. hey i know it's not much. but maybe someone digs the kondage. tomorrow i'll be off to berlin, and chill there a few months. my 2nd netbook is waiting there, and i hope to get some more musicking done (more than here anyway) so i'll have like an axis of evil of studios. southern italy/northern italy/berlin. sounds about right. the CPU power is in the south, the hardware stuff is in the center, and...i'll see what the berlin studio is gonna be. probably only 15 year old plugins and shabby soundfontz!! stay tuned lol
    • https://www.xlnaudio.com/ the demo of addictive keys is 4 octaves of the grand piano; i don't have it installed but i think most of your arrangement would fit into the 4 provided octaves. maybe not the lowest notes later on. but their keys sound great, i picked up the upright piano for free with something ages ago. you just gotta download their online installer thingy and get the grand demo. find a good patch in there and tinker with the velocities a bit to get rid of unwanted mechanical sounding repetitions. just one idea. there's lotsa better free pianos out there as well, kontakt stock is iffy for piano i think. not using NI stuff anymore, but i think the grand included with the orchestral stuff was a bit better.
    • hey, that's a bunch of very sudden great feedback all at once! ha. this one is gonna be a lotta work for me to get it as good as can be. unless i get a stronger laptop over here, i'll have to finish it next winter because i started it on that pc in southern italy where i've been for jan-may. i have the project file here in case i wanna get another good studio pc. the ample sound guitars and waves keyboards and stuff are just crushing my crappy netbook. i *might* try a rework with 10-15 year old vsts. but probly just do new mixes with them in the meantimes.   it's a great tune right dj mokram? i really think that for some reason it's not ez to arrange with modern instruments at all...like it was written to perfectly fit the PSG chip. i think Boss Battle is a far fourth or fifth looking at the whole soundtrack, BUT when Boss Battle first hits after underground, i agree that it's totally badass. the experience of first playing Sonic 2 on GG/MS as a young one is something to behold! that little nasty crab thing down the ravine on the right with bouncing cannon balls incoming from the left, and no rings in the stage for safety....fucking horror show for a kid!!  maybe one could do a medley of the first 10 minutes of play of sonic 2 that culminates in the boss battle. incorporating the stage intro and stage won jingles. i think there's too few remixes that directly incorporate the real time experience of intense gameplay sequences! and sonic 2 was really intense. stage 2 is very unique as well...very chill vibes for sonic. the music as well as the hang glider prop. that damn hang glider took everyone a lotta tries i think. totally untypical for sonic as well, but it worked! and that's sonic 2 for GG/MS kinda...very untypical, sort of the most interesting sonic game. ymmv.  
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Popular Contributors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PartamRuhem