Forums

1. Community

1. Announcements

Site News & Updates

Discussion of the OC ReMix community, video games, music, and other related topics.

Ludomusicology, analysis, research, & discussion of VGM

Design, database, & associated technical discussion of the OC ReMix website.

1. Music Composition & Production

Discussion of making music, including composition, production, and gear.

Post your works-in-progress or completed remixes of video game music here for feedback.

Post your works-in-progress or completed original music or remixes of non-VGM here for feedback.

Post your original non-musical work, including drawings, photography, writing, and videos.

Participate in various remixing competitions, or start your own.

Discussion of OC ReMix projects, including albums and community initiatives.

Recruit for a project you're starting, or find someone to collaborate with on a remix!

Request a song that you'd like to hear remixed.

1. ReMix Reviews & Comments

Review and comment on OC ReMixes.

Review and comment on OC ReMix's albums.

A public viewing of the Judges Panel's decisions on submitted ReMixes.
      See our Currently in the Judging Process dashboard for a live view into what's on the Judges Panel.

• i feel like this is about the closest we've gotten so far: https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00480
    • Mi was highly ambitious 'n' got somethin' new for ya. )) This time, I really went straight into the acoustic guitar section and put the mighty fire of dynamics and articulations in there. It sounds soo much better and really vivid now - and I did it without completely butchering the virtual steel strings (kinda fits my Life Force mixing concept as well). I didn't even thinkt that I could get surprising results like these out of the VSTi. So, huge thanks for mentioning this stuff as a guitarist, things I wouldn't even have recogized in the whole mix. As a bonus, I also composed a completely new and kinda heroic part with french horns (as well as lots of other new stuff that is not in this little part - but I still have to keep some secrets as a music wizard for the coming track ;D). ... Here's the audio sample (you might have to play it and reload the site to listen to the full sample with the length of 1:07 minutes - same goes for all previous samples):   CC - FF7 (Excerpt) - Acoustic Guitar Next Level.mp3 I'm really looking forward to your guitarist's opinion on this (after a good amount of nightly sleep, of course). The next upload for my Crisis Core: Final Fantasy remix "Wings Of Freedom" will be the full track with a length of around 4:21 minutes. ))  
    • i think it needs to be from a game. tunes from cracktros of much pirated games would be an interesting exception. in theory.   
    • Are remixes of music from the demoscene welcome here at OCR?
    • I'll jump in with a couple of thoughts about the flute: I think it is a little too far forward, and it also sounds unnaturally wide...? It needs to be more focused in the middle of the soundstage. Also, the truncated staccato notes in the melody are a little distracting, not just because they're not in the style of the original, but they're too stark of a contrast with the flowing legato feel of the whole piece. The arrangement as a whole is very nice!
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Popular Contributors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TheCherryHulk