Old 12-21-2003, 07:43 AM
Olivier Bariou, Competitions Moderator
Dark Force (+9000)

i stop seeding myself this time because the number of leechers are weak.
my torrent do not upload anything so i seed other files. but if the number of leecher increase count me in !
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to Coleosis
True,
I hardly had anyone leeching off of me, so I decided to close the torrent.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Red Mage (+400)

Send a message via AIM to Oddity
Shouldn't this be in the spotlight with the OC Radio?
Play Beatmania IIDX
Old 12-28-2003, 03:06 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to Coleosis
Maybe it should be.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Mega Man (+1000)

Location: Scotland, basically Africa, only damper and with less Zulus.
Well, I'm on the job now too, i'm downloading the first 500 right now, at 50 kb/sec, but all my current files aren't gettin recognised.

I recently did a full system wipe and saved the music on my iPod and i think that it must've altered the song titles, to keep a certain length limit.

But still, i am going to seed for as long as possible, but my family may force me to turn off the PC every now and then.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Olivier Bariou, Competitions Moderator
Dark Force (+9000)

about my previous post with my problem for torrents recognizing all the files, i'am sure now that windows media player 9 alter the tags for it's own purpose with his star classification system, so if you use Wmp9 keep the file on "read only" to allow torrents to found the tags as they were on ocr
Old 12-30-2003, 11:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to warhorse
Will there frequently be new .torrent files that contain the new remixes that will work with the current directory structure so our torrent clients only download the new songs?
Old 12-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Aubrey Lewman
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via ICQ to aubrey
I wouldn't say frequent, but I'd imagine that there would be a new torrent every 500 remixes or so. Probably a while after that even as I would imagine DJP would like to 'lock down' the names of the previous 500 first, and that may take a while.

That said, I'm just guessing.

I do know from my discussions with DJP that he wishes that we could somehow use the torrents to serve mixes more frequently, but with the nature of seeders and such, I'm not sure how that would be easily possible.

So, if any of you know about how bit torrent works and have ideas about how to serve more recent ReMixes via bit torrent, I'm sure DJP would be interested...

Aubrey
Old 12-31-2003, 02:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to warhorse
Here's what I was thinking: Since the bit torrent client is smart enough to know what files have already been downloaded and what files still need to be downloaded, it wouldn't be too hard to updated the .torrent file say, the first day of every month, with the new songs tacked onto the old directories. That way, everybody could get that month's new remixes while continuing to seed the old ones as well. The only major problem would be to coordinate the switchover every month, but it would probably just be a matter of getting the core seeders to switch over the majority of the bandwidth so that there would be no incentive to use the old torrent files.

Also, I think it should be noted that everybody should be seeding, no matter what their bandwidth. My DSL slows to a crawl if I try to do anything, but I can spare 5kB/sec. It isn't much, but it is a megabyte in under 4 minutes, and if everybody did just 5kB/sec, the available speed would be astronomical.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:11 PM
Mega Man (+1000)

Location: Scotland, basically Africa, only damper and with less Zulus.
Well, i am seeding while i can, and am giving a out 10kb/sec u/l speed on each torrent right now without to much hassle on my connection.

It appears once again AOL is showing its connection stability, i still wasn't having problems when the u/l speeds at 20+kb/sec