OCR01751 - Kirby's Dream Land 2 "Puffball Promenade"

djpretzel

I've gotten to hear a lot of OA's WIP's lately, and I have to say I'm hearing a huge improvement since I first heard his Radical Dreamers works. Very nice piece that brings a nice melody along with some powerful guitar work. Production's pretty good, from what my amatuer ears can tell. Definately some nice work, and worth more than a few listens.

solid work OA!

you nail this light-hearted stuff so well.

I love the gated guitar stuff, and the piano stuff is the best with its catchy hooks. Its very well played and arranged in the tune.

I did wish I could hear those pizz strings a little more. There were some cool things going on there. I also thought you lose some excitement when you fade out those guitars so the piano can come in and I kinda figure your doing that for clarity's sake but still its a just a tad abrupt.

My ears tell me that the acoustic is really an electric with an effect. But its an interesting tone and works here for contrast.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, now THIS is just about my favorite type of mix. Totally unexpected. I download a song called 'Puffball Promenade' and I expect an orchestral mix or something. Instead it sounds lots and LOTS like a Darangen mix, which is not a bad thing at all. Great mix of acoustic, electric, and EP all throughout the mix, and awesome development of the theme. It's fun, somewhat inspirational, and mostly just unpretentious kickass. One of my favorite mixes in quite some time. Great stuff!

• 10 months later...

Now this is just fun! That's OA for ya, though :-) I'm always impressed with how skillfully you can mix different types of guitars, piano and other orchestral elements, and synth together to form such a cohesive musical package. The acoustic guitar (I'm pretty sure that's what I'm hearing, anyway) sounded really fake, even though I'd venture a guess that it was performed live, since this is a DoD track. That's kind of weird, but it's such a minor element in the overall picture that it's hardly worth mentioning.

• 2 months later...

While I prefer tracks that stick to one or two things and doesn't mesh every genre together into the same track, this is a sweet combination that's hard to not like. Beautiful piano, great drums, nice soft synth backings, cool harder synths and guitar leads... Is that a flanger on an acoustic guitar in the bg?

The music has a sense of credits roll or ending theme to it, probably a combination of the major key and 6/4, tho the sound choices certainly add to it as well.

• 2 years later...

I'm really enjoying the up and down arrangement of this entire ReMix. It was a neat idea to have the guitars here go from harder to softer piano and such. The light sections sound happy and puffy, while the harder areas keep this from being too light and poppy. The piano was nicely done and I was impressed by the balance here. Great arrangement, solid production and the whole sounds fantastic.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01751 - Kirby's Dream Land 2 "Puffball Promenade"